Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:49:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Youth team cup final  (Read 17063 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Youth team cup final
« Reply #60 on May 02, 2012, 02:35:40 pm by RobTheRover »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time” - John Lydgate

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 02, 2012, 02:38:35 pm by donnyroversfc »
Yes it's not as if he hasnt got to tell the players he won't be keeping or trying to get a team in place for next season is it?
Some people will try and find fault with anything though wont they.

You mean like you used to do with SO'D?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on May 02, 2012, 02:43:21 pm by Wellred »
Yes it's not as if he hasnt got to tell the players he won't be keeping or trying to get a team in place for next season is it?

Yawnnnnnnn

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 02, 2012, 02:49:06 pm by donnyroversfc »

Yawnnnnnnn

Thats my reaction to about 99% of your posts.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 02, 2012, 02:55:01 pm by Wellred »
Don't worry things will change when you reach puberty. :crying: :crying:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 02, 2012, 03:00:09 pm by donnyroversfc »
I doubt me hitting puberty would change much, your posts would still be boring and hypocritical as f**k.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 02, 2012, 03:06:20 pm by Wellred »
Coming from someone who has consistently slagged Willie McKay off all season and who wants nothing to do with him but now wants to sign one of his players...........you have the nerve to call anyone hypocritical????
Don't make me laugh.

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on May 02, 2012, 03:10:02 pm by donnyroversfc »
As far as im aware, Willie McKay doesn't own Fabien Robert...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on May 02, 2012, 03:12:55 pm by Wellred »
Are you going to enlighten us as to who brought Robert to the club then?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 02, 2012, 03:14:30 pm by donnyroversfc »
Probably a plane or a ferry... but Neither of them own Robert either.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 02, 2012, 03:16:57 pm by Wellred »
Struggling are you?

Maybe Robert read about us in Le Figaro and decided to come and ask for trial?

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 02, 2012, 03:18:27 pm by donnyroversfc »
No, McKay brought him over as one of his very very very few decent signings.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on May 02, 2012, 03:23:55 pm by Wellred »
Oh  :facepalm: :facepalm: the person you didn't want to have anything to do with our club???
And now you want us to sign one of HIS players???

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that just a bit hypocritical? :facepalm: :facepalm:

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on May 02, 2012, 03:27:40 pm by donnyroversfc »
Not hypocritical at all, considering its not the players i have a problem with being at our club.

McKay wont be needed in any part of the talks between Robert, Lorient and Rovers if we try to sign him in the summer.

He's a Lorient player, they own him, not McKay.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on May 02, 2012, 03:32:52 pm by Wellred »
I give in.  :headbang: :headbang:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 02, 2012, 03:36:49 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well done to the youth team, let's hope we can get two or three players making the grade and also improving themselves. By the way posters lets not use this thread to slag off other members of staff or scheme workers there are plenty of threads to do that. We had success last night and nothing should stand in the way of applauding all the players and youth team management.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on May 02, 2012, 06:24:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Not hypocritical at all, considering its not the players i have a problem with being at our club.

McKay wont be needed in any part of the talks between Robert, Lorient and Rovers if we try to sign him in the summer.

McKay will be needed. He's his agent, that's what agents do, talk to clubs regarding contracts.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 02, 2012, 07:03:15 pm by PDX_Rover »
Mr. E. Scrooge of 3 Ludgate Hill writes: "Mehhhhh...Bloody kids.  Spoiling what's been a reet miserable season with their cup winning shenanagins.  Off the the poorhouse with 'em."

donnyroversfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 02, 2012, 07:21:34 pm by donnyroversfc »

McKay will be needed. He's his agent, that's what agents do, hold clubs to ransom and cream money off them.

Is McKay Fabien Robert's agent? I thought Chimbonda was the only signing that was actually his own client?

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 02, 2012, 07:49:28 pm by southwestexile »
Excellent result for the team, at times it was like men against boys, we certainly looked a class above, every player on top of their game.  For me the stand out player was number 4 (whoever he is), he just dominated the midfield and allowed the team to play, brilliant.

As for the petty minded bickering on this thread, would you mind taking it back to the playground?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 02, 2012, 10:21:31 pm by RedJ »
Excellent result for the team, at times it was like men against boys, we certainly looked a class above, every player on top of their game.  For me the stand out player was number 4 (whoever he is), he just dominated the midfield and allowed the team to play, brilliant.

As for the petty minded bickering on this thread, would you mind taking it back to the playground?
Might've been Harry Middleton. He's gonna be brilliant - best player in the first year players, and the only of them to play last night.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 02, 2012, 10:38:49 pm by southwestexile »
think it might have been Jake McCormick

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on May 02, 2012, 10:40:37 pm by mushRTID »
Sounds like we've got some real players coming through. Exciting times hopefully.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on May 02, 2012, 11:04:36 pm by Chris Black come back »
the sheffield and hallamshire cup final against sheffield wednesday

We have never played Sheffield Wednesday in the Sheffield and Hallamshire Senior Cup final, let alone been beaten by them.

The last cup final we lost was in the 2002/3 season in the same competition when we lost 2-1 to Worksop Town in a match which I suspect featured a second string Rovers team given the proximity of the play off games v. Chester/Dagenham.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on May 02, 2012, 11:30:50 pm by hoolahoop »

Yawnnnnnnn

Yawn as much as you like Wellred, he makes a very valid point.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on May 02, 2012, 11:35:44 pm by jonnydog »
I just find it very sad that a thread dedicated to the success/achievement of our Youth Team has (once again) lead to an argument on the 'usual' topic.

Well done to the Youth Players and all the DRFC staff who are clearly doing a good job.

:clapping:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 03, 2012, 05:46:52 am by Wellred »

Yawnnnnnnn

Yawn as much as you like Wellred, he makes a very valid point.

Some people Hoola (you included) really have a problem with your memory. Or maybe you have selective memory.

I have said this time and time again but it obviously doesn't suit you to accept it.

I DIDN'T CRITICISE AND FIND FAULT WITH SEAN O'DRISCOLL FROM THE MOMENT HE WAS APPOINTED!!!

Yes I did want rid of him for the last 12 months of his reign and yes he did some good things whilst he was here.

Can you and a good few others say the same about Dean Saunders?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on May 03, 2012, 11:57:53 am by roversontheup »
Loo
I just find it very sad that a thread dedicated to the success/achievement of our Youth Team has (once again) lead to an argument on the 'usual' topic.

Well done to the Youth Players and all the DRFC staff who are clearly doing a good job.

:clapping:

As others have already said, can we please have at least one thread that is different to every other one of late.  The youth team have had a fantastic achievement and STILL the thread to praise them resorts to the usual slanging match which has NOTHING to do with the youth team's achievement.

For goodness sake give it a rest or PM each other away from everyone else.

Donnybob

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on May 03, 2012, 01:10:51 pm by Donnybob »
"And yes he did some good things whilst he was here. Can you and a good few others say the same about Dean Saunders?"

Unfortunately I can think of nothing good that Saunders has achieved in his time here. He came here to get us out of the Championship. I dare say you might suggest he succeeded, but I do think JR was thinking of reaching the Premiership when he boasted, "I haven't given up on the play-offs this season" rather than relegation.

Saunders' recent record is abysmal - L D L D L L D D W D D L L L D L L L L D W L - in case you've forgotten. We also lost our final 6 home games on the trot. The season's GD was -37. He divided the squad, ignored the existing players in favour of mercenaries that he had the final say over signing and used over 40 different players before he worked out that he already had a player in Sam could play in the heart of defence. Looks like he's found a new straw to clutch at by basking in the glory of a youth team he had little or no part in creating. Still, it makes a change from blaming refs and bad luck.

The only thing I can say in Saunders' favour is right now things can't possibly get much worse. Is he the man to lead us forward? Statistics suggest not. Can he fix things quickly? His track record at Wrexham suggests otherwise. Do we have a plan B? Dunno, 'I'll have to speak to the players who are left', he says.

There's no point in saying who we'd like to keep. Fair Play rules have put paid to that. We have to stick within a strict budget. Our retained list is a blank sheet of paper. Practically any offer will be accepted to shift players off the wage bill who will then be replaced with bargain basement failures, free transfers and out of contract journeymen. He'll need a bit of experience.

Is this the man to rescue us right now, or is he the man to lead us into oblivion? The squad will be ripped apart this summer for sure. I personally am tired of all this happy-clapping optimism. Face facts we're in the sh!t which ever way you look at it. I'd sooner accept that and consider how on earth we stabilise the sinking ship instead of pretending everything in the garden is rosy. It isn't.

At least SOD acknowledged we were in the sh!t and suggested we plan ahead in order to be in a position to bounce back. The 'experiment' was a desperate last throw of the dice in which we put all our assets on the line and came out of it with precisely nothing. Saunders' appointment has been nothing short of a catastrophy.

At best our natural level is in League One. Perhaps we are a League Two outfit punching above our weight in League One... Next year's gates will be interesting. I'm guessing 6-7,000 average if we're lucky. Perhaps worse if we have a bad start. It's being not negative, thats being realistic. Saunders was found wanting in the Championship, what makes you think he'll deliver something special in League One where he has no experience whatsoever...

Or am I just, as Wellred said to someone else, just trying to find fault with anything.

Sorry mate if it offends you but wake up and smell the coffee.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on May 03, 2012, 01:11:07 pm by RoversAlias »
So a discussion about the various youth teams of League One clubs prompted this response to me from an Exeter fan today -

We did very well in getting to the final, several of our players look like they really know what they're doing and given our budgetary constraints 6 of them are signed up on Pro deals for next season.

Our supporters at the game the other night (attendance over 1500, very impressive) were not impressed by your lot's tactics, to say the least. Dirty, cheating, timewasting, one of your guys spat in the face of one of ours, really a poor exhibition for the stars of tomorrow.

Anybody who was at the game able to corroborate/dismiss these claims on our boys part? Nobody mentioned anything of the sort occurring from what I saw.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012