Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 05:48:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: It's started  (Read 9758 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: It's started
« Reply #30 on February 21, 2016, 11:38:55 am by BobG »
You must have a very thin skin Frosty! Chill man :) There's an awful lot more serious stuff in the world that's really is embarrassing.

Cheers

Bob

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 21, 2016, 11:46:09 am by German Rover »
I would hazard a guess that most football fans are concerned with not getting embarrassed by what happens on the pitch than by the amount of people witnessing it.

Me personally I don't get embarrassed by what happens on the pitch, I can guarantee I've seen much worse in the past. And as for embarrassed because of the attendances, I couldn't give a shite either. If other people don't go than fair enough it's their choice. I don't go that often because I've left Doncaster and I have a young family is rather spend my money on, so maybe I'm part of the problem. If you are embarrassed by other people choosing not to go to the football and pay a frankly disgusting cost, rather then the stone island youth brigade who go to matches with the sole intention of fighting with the other teams supporters, then I think you have the problem.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 21, 2016, 12:11:05 pm by vaya »
Nothing wrong with having a liking for stats, some of the most appreciated contributors on here are stats people.  It's those who are obsessed with how many tickets we've sold for this game or that and who are constantly finding our attendances "embarrassing" that get under people's skin (I think there'll be a frosty reception to that opinion though).
More away support is amongst some of the poorest in the division.bespecially for local games  That for me is embarrassing

Did you attend the game yesterday yourself?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 21, 2016, 12:22:24 pm by MrFrost »
Nothing wrong with having a liking for stats, some of the most appreciated contributors on here are stats people.  It's those who are obsessed with how many tickets we've sold for this game or that and who are constantly finding our attendances "embarrassing" that get under people's skin (I think there'll be a frosty reception to that opinion though).
More away support is amongst some of the poorest in the division.bespecially for local games  That for me is embarrassing

Did you attend the game yesterday yourself?

No. What's your point?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 21, 2016, 01:00:36 pm by BobG »
Careful Mr F :):) If that's your response to that question, why on Earth did you ask it of me then???

You're starting to remind me of my lad, Alexander. Slow down man!

Cheers :)

BobG

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 21, 2016, 05:42:05 pm by dickos1 »
How can you bemoan the lack of support at away games when you don't bother yourself?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 21, 2016, 05:50:33 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
How can you bemoan the lack of support at away games when you don't bother yourself?

It's not so much that, but rather that of questioning someone about whether they were at the game yesterday as if that somehow proves something; but then snapping at someone else when they direct the same question at him (as well as admitting that they weren't at the match yesterday either!) that's made him show himself up.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 21, 2016, 05:53:42 pm by Campsall rover »
We are the only club in the entire football league to have been champions 3 times of both the 3rd tier and the 4th tier of English football.
Barnsley haven't got close.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 21, 2016, 05:57:35 pm by Yorkiered »
We are the only club in the entire football league to have been champions 3 times of both the 3rd tier and the 4th tier of English football.

wow..........and Barnsley have played in the Premiership. I know which I would rather have.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 21, 2016, 06:01:06 pm by MrFrost »

I do bother, just not yesterday

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 21, 2016, 09:46:59 pm by bobjimwilly »

wow..........and Barnsley have played in the Premiership. I know which I would rather have.

I wouldn't swap the last 13 years of Rovers for the last 13 years of Barnsley for all the tea in China.

Stoke/Tierney, Div 3 champions, JPT at Cardiff, Southend at the Keepmoat, Wembley, Brentford...

Barnsley have had one promotion and a bit of an fa cup run in that time; f*ck Barnsley.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 21, 2016, 10:27:15 pm by Campsall rover »

What's a matter with you. If you are a rovers fan why have you got such a downer on the club.
Always finding something to moan about.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on February 22, 2016, 08:40:44 am by Yorkiered »

What's a matter with you. If you are a rovers fan why have you got such a downer on the club.
Always finding something to moan about.

I haven't got a downer on the club at all.
Is pointing out to you that surely having a season in the premiership than winning two lower league titles 3 times is a brilliant achievement?
Some people have rose tinted glasses. I'm afraid yours are bright crimson.

bally1950

« Reply #43 on February 22, 2016, 09:01:18 am by bally1950 »
Barnsley got slaughtered on most fixtures, they incurred heavy debt even after parachute payments and took them years to get on an even keel, yes at the moment they are a decent team and just like many others as their 7/8 games lost on the trot can drop just like Donny have.
So for one season they got to the top, well more locally so did the Dons and never recovered.

Many things affect sports results but mainly the fact that the other team are better seems the more likely. Just have to take the rough with the smooth. I have my own views on the current mood at DRFC but rather than spout off and face ridicule I just keep gob shut and suffer in silence mainly.

Would I watch any other club?  I would cut my throat first.
Would I stop going to games instead. Yes I would.

Yorkiered

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 22, 2016, 09:18:25 am by Yorkiered »
Barnsley got slaughtered on most fixtures, they incurred heavy debt even after parachute payments and took them years to get on an even keel, yes at the moment they are a decent team and just like many others as their 7/8 games lost on the trot can drop just like Donny have.
So for one season they got to the top, well more locally so did the Dons and never recovered.

Many things affect sports results but mainly the fact that the other team are better seems the more likely. Just have to take the rough with the smooth. I have my own views on the current mood at DRFC but rather than spout off and face ridicule I just keep gob shut and suffer in silence mainly.

Would I watch any other club?  I would cut my throat first.
Would I stop going to games instead. Yes I would.

Most of that is true Mick but........................Barnsley upgraded their ground significantly due to getting in the premiership.
Would I support any other team than Rovers.....NO
Would I swap the KMS for Oakwell.............YES

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on February 22, 2016, 10:43:13 am by bobjimwilly »
Would I swap the KMS for Oakwell.............YES

:lol: good one Yorkie

bally1950

« Reply #46 on February 22, 2016, 10:58:51 am by bally1950 »
Yes. I think I would swap too, no underfloor heating at keepmoat.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012