Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:21:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Manager Delay  (Read 24409 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: New Manager Delay
« Reply #120 on June 19, 2018, 11:53:50 am by silent majority »
It's far too simplistic to suggest that signing players is a case of first come first served which leaves the dross for everybody else.

A lot of good players and agent's will bide their time waiting for the right club and the right deal. Many will find that they've waited too long and will have to reduce their demands. The best players won't take the first offer that comes in.

Most players, and managers to be fair, are still on their holidays. They wont be doing anything drastic for quite some time.

I would suggest we take a chill pill.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on June 19, 2018, 12:10:39 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Do you know the real reason for the delay and why we are not interviewing again today, or tomorrow?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #122 on June 19, 2018, 12:12:59 pm by The Red Baron »
Re. Mark Yates. Just seen he's taken the job at Macclesfield Town. Big loss to Solihull Moors. Would have been good for us IMO.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on June 19, 2018, 12:36:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Do you know the real reason for the delay and why we are not interviewing again today, or tomorrow?

I don't care what the reason is except there is obviously a reason otherwise it would have been done by now.

Do people think they are delaying it to piss people off?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on June 19, 2018, 12:41:37 pm by Filo »

I don't care what the reason is except there is obviously a reason otherwise it would have been done by now.

Logistical reasons, the club pool car has broken down?

One of the interview panel's car has broken down?

Both potential managers cars have broken down?

Everyones car has broken down?

😀😀😀

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #125 on June 19, 2018, 12:49:29 pm by Dutch Uncle »

😀😀😀

The pen has gone walkabout again?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on June 19, 2018, 01:07:12 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It happened when Dickov was appointed, he and Appleton were invited back.
and look what shit we got then

And as stated before the person responsible for employing him is no longer at the club.

Another opportunity to bash JR  :facepalm:

How is stating a fact bashing him? I leave the speculating without any to you, given your such an expert at it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on June 19, 2018, 01:09:00 pm by drfchound »

😀😀😀

They could always get a taxi.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on June 19, 2018, 01:15:36 pm by godlike1 »
It's far too simplistic to suggest that signing players is a case of first come first served which leaves the dross for everybody else.

A lot of good players and agent's will bide their time waiting for the right club and the right deal. Many will find that they've waited too long and will have to reduce their demands. The best players won't take the first offer that comes in.

Most players, and managers to be fair, are still on their holidays. They wont be doing anything drastic for quite some time.

I would suggest we take a chill pill.

That is my thinking too. the one worry I do have is that we do not have anyone from a footballing background either on the board or this interview panel. Normally you would know the man you are after because of either his reputation and/or track record.

the process we are going through now does not suggest otherwise and if I were a manager would feel a little disappointed that I am being made to do a second interview and that they have not seen enough in me or understand my credentials.

It is a two way process which is different from a normal business environment.

The whole thing just leaves me feeling quite unexcited and beige (which I imagine is the new colour of the board room walls and floors - we don't want to go being too risky and exiting now do we ;-)

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on June 19, 2018, 01:19:42 pm by wing commander »
it's a few days delay on a really important decision...Don't understand what people are getting worked up about..They want to make sure they have left no stone unturned in doing there due diligence..And rightly so

I'm sure they are talking to people who have worked with them,etc etc getting as full a picture as they can prior to any appointment.The timeframe will still be much shorter than most of the clubs who have changed manager this summer..it's not a problem but professionalism in my eyes..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on June 19, 2018, 01:26:26 pm by Filo »
They obviously don't use the same interview procedure in other areas of the club, going on the piss about I had this morning picking up my silver membership free shirt

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on June 19, 2018, 01:28:33 pm by Cantley Rover »
They obviously don't use the same interview procedure in other areas of the club, going on the piss about I had this morning picking up my silver membership free shirt

What free shirt is that then?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on June 19, 2018, 01:30:04 pm by Filo »

Silver membership plus

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on June 19, 2018, 01:37:39 pm by Copps is Magic »
Almost certainly explains it for me. A 3rd, probably on paper a lot better candidate, has applied at the last minute. There is hope I think.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on June 19, 2018, 01:42:38 pm by Filo »
Almost certainly explains it for me. A 3rd, probably on paper a lot better candidate, has applied at the last minute. There is hope I think.

Thats how I see it as well

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on June 19, 2018, 01:54:28 pm by Cantley Rover »

Silver membership plus

Ah the one where you pay an extra £150 to get a free shirt.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #137 on June 19, 2018, 01:56:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Silver membership plus

Along with the other stuff...

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on June 19, 2018, 01:57:29 pm by Jonathan »

Silver membership plus

And a car parking space, which to many is very useful.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on June 19, 2018, 02:00:33 pm by Filo »

Silver membership plus

Yes, I can afford it, you also get free car parking, a free matchday programme and a free pound draw ticket, at all that together aling with the £150 shirt and it works out a lot dearer than £150

BiargeBob

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on June 19, 2018, 02:03:25 pm by BiargeBob »
I wasn't aware that I had applied, but when I get back off of my holidays on Sunday & l will let you know if I have a letter waiting for me from the club, inviting me for an interview.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on June 19, 2018, 02:15:41 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Good luck Bob.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on June 19, 2018, 02:18:45 pm by steve@dcfd »
The good thing we have two highly qualified managers in the running for the job. The interviewers can decide between the pair they both must fit all the criteria required.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #143 on June 19, 2018, 02:22:02 pm by Copps is Magic »
Tough on the 3rd candidate that Steve.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on June 19, 2018, 02:52:03 pm by Wild Rover »
It seems to me to be a way of getting No.3 in. So why not simply interview him and decide who to employ. I cant see anything ( other than salary) being discussed as surely all that could be asked and could be answered was at interview 1. Candidate 3 must be special to allow him in at this stage.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on June 19, 2018, 03:00:11 pm by the vicar »
Here we go how is this. Mick McCarthy was on talk sport yesterday in Russia, they asked him if he was staying for the whole tournament and he said he due's not know yet as he had a bit of football business in Wakefield the other day and he does not know how it is going to go could that be our managers job he is on about

MrWoodySir

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on June 19, 2018, 03:00:32 pm by MrWoodySir »

And as stated before the person responsible for employing him is no longer at the club.
Another thinly veiled unnecessary dig at JR there.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on June 19, 2018, 03:04:01 pm by the vicar »

some on here can't leave the JR thing alone they are obsessed by blaming him for everything

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on June 19, 2018, 03:08:43 pm by steve@dcfd »
Tough on the 3rd candidate that Steve.

Tough on all three but when the board has said we are aiming for the top six, not hope to be, then it will be a tough decision

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on June 19, 2018, 03:12:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Good grief it’s only yourself and other current board bashers that would interpret it that way, if I was going to have a dig it wouldn’t be veiled at all. Simply stating a fact.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012