Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:28:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: New Manager Delay  (Read 24404 times)

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
Re: New Manager Delay
« Reply #150 on June 19, 2018, 03:13:48 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Some people obviously weren't around when he saved the club from oblivion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #151 on June 19, 2018, 03:16:04 pm by DearneValleyRover »
It happened when Dickov was appointed, he and Appleton were invited back.
and look what shit we got then

And as stated before the person responsible for employing him is no longer at the club.
Another thinly veiled unnecessary dig at JR there.
some on here can't leave the JR thing alone they are obsessed by blaming him for everything

How am I blaming him for everything, You brought up last time to illustrate things are going to be as bad with this appointment, I only stated that it’s different because of the reason given. Vicar you have an axe to grind with the current board for some reason don’t try to deflect by making assumptions about me.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on June 19, 2018, 03:18:03 pm by the vicar »
Does that include if it had not been for him saving our club we would not have a club to support  now would we
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:21:36 pm by the vicar »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on June 19, 2018, 03:18:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
JR was great but let's not pretend he didn't make some bad calls down the years.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on June 19, 2018, 03:20:30 pm by the vicar »

And as stated before the person responsible for employing him is no longer at the club.
some on here can't leave the JR thing alone they are obsessed by blaming him for everything

How am I blaming him for everything, You brought up last time to illustrate things are going to be as bad with this appointment, I only stated that it’s different because of the reason given. Vicar you have an axe to grind with the current board for some reason don’t try to deflect by making assumptions about me.
i never made assumptions about you at all i just said some on here or is that a guilt complex

jamesrover17

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on June 19, 2018, 03:21:15 pm by jamesrover17 »
Here we go how is this. Mick McCarthy was on talk sport yesterday in Russia, they asked him if he was staying for the whole tournament and he said he due's not know yet as he had a bit of football business in Wakefield the other day and he does not know how it is going to go could that be our managers job he is on about

God I hope so but I dont hold much hope out... It would be the most excited I have been since we signed Billy Sharp!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on June 19, 2018, 03:21:39 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Does that in club if it had not been for him saving our club we would not have a club to support  now would we

What does that have to do with the point I made? In what way have I disagreed with you about JR’s part in the rise of our club?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #157 on June 19, 2018, 03:23:01 pm by DearneValleyRover »

i never made assumptions about you at all i just said some on here or is that a guilt complex

You replied to my post saying I was having a go! You need to read before you post pal

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on June 19, 2018, 03:23:57 pm by the vicar »
We never know till it happens

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on June 19, 2018, 03:25:04 pm by the vicar »
But did i name you personally the answer is NO. I quoted a lot of people not just you

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on June 19, 2018, 03:25:26 pm by Filo »

Some of us were around before then, who do you think sold out to Richardson?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on June 19, 2018, 03:27:07 pm by drfchound »
Back on topic, if the third candidate turns out to be the best applicant, I wonder if they will ask him back for a second interview?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on June 19, 2018, 03:27:35 pm by DearneValleyRover »
But did i name you personally the answer is NO. I quoted a lot of people not just you

You quoted my post so yes you did

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on June 19, 2018, 03:29:41 pm by the vicar »
If you look you will ce i quoted a few yours was just included in the others and i cant remove them can i deeer

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #164 on June 19, 2018, 03:44:54 pm by selby »
Vicar, he said on talksport he was going to a wedding in Wakefield,and Did't mention football as a reason for coming back from Russia, We can live in hope though.
  He did say he would have to brush up on his Yorkshire accent , as he was set to meet some good people from gods own country.
   Not quite the same as mentioning football though.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on June 19, 2018, 03:59:56 pm by Jonathan »
Back on topic, if the third candidate turns out to be the best applicant, I wonder if they will ask him back for a second interview?

And if they can’t decide after that, invite all three back for a final round. Assuming a fourth candidate doesn’t then enter the mix...

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on June 19, 2018, 04:03:43 pm by the vicar »
My son said it was a business thing

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on June 19, 2018, 04:40:55 pm by drfchound »

And if they can’t decide after that, invite all three back for a final round. Assuming a fourth candidate doesn’t then enter the mix...

Ah, but if they did invite all three back for a final round then the first two would have had one more interview than the third man.
Would the first two be able to think of anything new to say?

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on June 19, 2018, 04:58:48 pm by Cantley Rover »

You also have selective memory. When he did sell out to Richardson it was seen as a positive move at the time. Nobody objected, it was only much later that we found out what a villain he was.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on June 19, 2018, 05:11:14 pm by the vicar »
i was physio at the rovers when he came in and he seemed a genuin nice guy when i met him,no one had any idea what he was going to end up like then i left as soon as i sust him outand went to Frickley

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on June 19, 2018, 05:17:15 pm by Iberian Red »

You also have selective memory. When he did sell out to Richardson it was seen as a positive move at the time. Nobody objected, it was only much later that we found out what a villain he was.

Absolute rubbish. He had already been convicted regarding Flockton Grey and was in the middle of running Brid into the ground. He was already infamous. I got asked to leave the Park Hotel the first time Uncle Ken met the supporters as I'd turned up with photo copies of his exploits from the Guardian and Scarborough Echo. He had been up to dodgy dealings for years.

This whole argument about the messiah or naughty boy is tiresome.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on June 19, 2018, 07:41:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
So about this new manager....

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on June 19, 2018, 07:45:19 pm by steve@dcfd »

Well he’ll be one of three.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on June 19, 2018, 08:16:32 pm by Dutch Uncle »

Well he’ll be one of three.

Hmmm - hints from Steve in the know?

He stoppeth one of three

The Ancient Mariner

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Taylor............

Aha ---- Peter Taylor it is then  ;)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on June 19, 2018, 08:27:22 pm by ravenrover »
Just as a point of interest, do any clubs prem or otherwise have person/s on the interview panel with a football background? Why are people getting so uptight about who is interviewing who? We got DF last time so they didn’t do too badly then
As for the 3rd interviewee, according to Liam said person was out of the country when original interviews took place let’s all be patient and wait for the announcement next week

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on June 19, 2018, 09:08:59 pm by RedJ »
Just as a point of interest, do any clubs prem or otherwise have person/s on the interview panel with a football background? Why are people getting so uptight about who is interviewing who?

It's just another in a long line of sticks to beat the board with.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on June 19, 2018, 09:56:04 pm by silent majority »
I'm not sure what people mean about 'having a football background'. Did we ever complain about the owners of DRFC interviewing managers over the previous 40 years?

Today the current senior management have been steeped in football culture. They meet with owners and CEOs of other clubs every single week. The support they get from the EFL, LMA, FA, and other's is exceptional. Who are we to question if they are capable of selecting a manager? If it was my £2m I was throwing into the kitty I'd like to make sure I was selecting the best candidate.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on June 19, 2018, 10:18:32 pm by southwestexile »
Can someone just summarise what's happening regarding the managerial appointment please? I can't be arsed to wade through all the you said this, he said that b*llocks

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on June 19, 2018, 10:24:45 pm by selby »
  SM. some people cannot see that the owners are the lifeblood of this club, and what a mess we would be in without them.
  I wish we had  had them in charge years ago, as in my time we have had some really poor ones, and not just Richardson, interspersed with good people who really have not had the funds to make much of a difference, but have meant well.
  As a club we are now in the best place we have been for years, with people at the helm who have the best interests as their main concern.
  Long may it continue is my hope, and if they want time to appoint who they think is the right person for the managers position then so be it, there will be a reason for it.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on June 19, 2018, 10:34:16 pm by Jonathan »
I’m eternally grateful to our owners and would never question their commitment to the club, nor would I wish to entertain the prospect of a future for DRFC without them. They have my 100% support and always have. But I still think this convoluted recruitment process is barmy!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012