Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 08:30:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Free pint  (Read 1622 times)

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
Free pint
« on April 26, 2024, 01:11:58 pm by Peebles Rover »
Just to let you know there’s a free virtual lucky pint for everyone who joins us in the Lucky Pint tomorrow. All newcomers welcome to share the nerve jangling last match of the season! Extra seatings been arranged and the place is just being aired out. See you there.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Free pint
« Reply #1 on April 26, 2024, 01:29:20 pm by ravenrover »
Are snacks available?

gillinghamrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 26, 2024, 01:30:21 pm by gillinghamrover »
Do we get a free used copy of Bifmag as well?

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 26, 2024, 01:30:40 pm by Guernsey Exile »
Pork Scratchings and Scampi Fries

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 26, 2024, 02:01:54 pm by Pancho Regan »
I'll be bringing my own Honey Nuts

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 26, 2024, 05:08:14 pm by Peebles Rover »
I'll be bringing my own Honey Nuts

Ewwww

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on April 26, 2024, 06:22:44 pm by PDX_Rover »
There will be lamb roast with all the trimmings available. Full roster of draft ales. And snacks aplenty. Club colours encouraged…

Actually… I know we used to do this on Yahoo messenger but we could realistically have a zoom video session… that would be something special

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 26, 2024, 06:43:20 pm by Peebles Rover »
I’m not sure I could handle Pancho’s honey nuts on Zoom

Oooo er missus

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 26, 2024, 07:20:19 pm by Guernsey Exile »
There will be lamb roast with all the trimmings available. Full roster of draft ales. And snacks aplenty. Club colours encouraged…

Actually… I know we used to do this on Yahoo messenger but we could realistically have a zoom video session… that would be something special
I'd be keen. My only issue is our streams would be out of sync!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 26, 2024, 07:56:14 pm by RobTheRover »

Yes, but just be careful with Snatch of the Day.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 26, 2024, 11:00:00 pm by scawsby steve »

Yes, but just be careful with Snatch of the Day.

I've heard it's going to be Ann Widdicombe's.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 27, 2024, 12:16:23 am by Ryaldinhio »
Might be a daft question to those in the know lads but what is the lucky pint?

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 27, 2024, 05:09:18 am by Peebles Rover »
Go to the Viking Chat menu and click on Lucky Pint - you’ll see then. It’s where a group of us chat on match day. PDX Rover will tell you how it got its name!

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 27, 2024, 05:10:46 am by Peebles Rover »
Actually once you click on the menu, press Viking Chat Forum first then lucky pint

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 27, 2024, 05:17:38 am by Peebles Rover »
And read the Sutton match day thread to remember where we have come from!!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 27, 2024, 06:14:37 am by PDX_Rover »
Go to the Viking Chat menu and click on Lucky Pint - you’ll see then. It’s where a group of us chat on match day. PDX Rover will tell you how it got its name!

Back in the mists of time in 2004, a bunch of used to jump on Yahoo! Messenger on match days. There was only audio commentary then so usually someone would share the stream on messenger and we’d all listen… We’d have some right banter, half time music with various people supplying it, and then having virtual rounds of drinks became a thing. This evolved to include snacks and bar food.

There were a few games where Peebles said he was getting a round in, and while he was at the bar, we’d score. It happened with other regulars, and so the lucky pint was born.

That was adopted as the name of our virtual pub, and the rest is history…

A bunch of grown men who should know better running a make believe pub. It’ll never catch on… but it did. It was a right laugh though.

We’d have 15-20 of us in the LP sometimes. Had to take on extra staff…

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 27, 2024, 06:21:34 am by PDX_Rover »
Oh, and we used to have virtual mexican waves…

Up in San Diego…. And down.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on April 27, 2024, 07:25:56 am by Filo »

Back in the mists of time in 2004, a bunch of used to jump on Yahoo! Messenger on match days. There was only audio commentary then so usually someone would share the stream on messenger and we’d all listen… We’d have some right banter, half time music with various people supplying it, and then having virtual rounds of drinks became a thing. This evolved to include snacks and bar food.

There were a few games where Peebles said he was getting a round in, and while he was at the bar, we’d score. It happened with other regulars, and so the lucky pint was born.

A bunch of grown men who should know better running a make believe pub. It’ll never catch on… but it did. It was a right laugh though.

Proud to be a founder Patron

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 27, 2024, 07:51:22 am by Guernsey Exile »
It's open!
Got full English on the Specisls with double black pudding!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on April 27, 2024, 07:58:11 am by IDM »
Back in the days of the BBC 606 forum, there was a regular virtual pub thread on the Division 3/League 2 board.  That board had a small but wide variety of contributors from all sorts of clubs, not all in the 4th division, and for the most of the time the threads were “off topic” and non confrontational.

The virtual pub was called “The Shovel” and opened on a Friday during working hours.  I think it was opened originally by a Hull fan.

This virtual pub was actually based on a real place called The Shovel, deep in the midlands somewhere.  I can’t remember exactly where, but I have been there once when we had a board meet up at a game at Tamworth..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on April 27, 2024, 08:14:31 am by drfchound »
Some great info there lads.
I wondered why it was called Lucky Pint.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 27, 2024, 12:19:21 pm by Plumbster »
And read the Sutton match day thread to remember where we have come from!!
yeah just read it again- no wonder the last few weeks have felt so surreal!

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 27, 2024, 01:49:25 pm by Peebles Rover »

It’s ana

zing

It’s amazing how often it used to work! I’d go downstairs to get a can from the fridge and bingo, Rovers he scored again!!

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on April 27, 2024, 02:13:03 pm by PDX_Rover »
It was “un-can-ny” Dave.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 27, 2024, 02:37:29 pm by Iberian Red »
I hope the mop has been around after last Saturday's celebrations. I missed the inauguration but came the week after. I don't even know how I found the pub/place.
I used to be working when we had Tuesday night games and be in 'meetings'. I would leave the commentary on really low, and if I heard a change in tone,run out the meeting to read and listen to what had happened.
It became so frequent that it got to the point when I'd go back and get asked how we were getting on!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 27, 2024, 05:16:47 pm by Jimmydee »
I was drunk from emotions.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012