Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:56:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: South stand idiots  (Read 8037 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: South stand idiots
« Reply #30 on August 10, 2022, 07:50:03 am by Filo »
It’s a society problem, the do gooders that campaigned so that you couldn’t chastise your kids have caused this, feral kids on the streets throwing bricks at bus windows, off road motorbikes with them all wearing balaclava’s, not getting the cane at school, and behaviour like that last night. They are untouchable and they know it!

Aye never any trouble back when you could belt kids was there!

I never said there wasn’t, but its more prevalent today, never did me any harm a good hiding or the cane at school

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 10, 2022, 08:03:02 am by The Beast »

It’s a society problem, the do gooders that campaigned so that you couldn’t chastise your kids have caused this, feral kids on the streets throwing bricks at bus windows, off road motorbikes with them all wearing balaclava’s, not getting the cane at school, and behaviour like that last night. They are untouchable and they know it!

Aye never any trouble back when you could belt kids was there!

I never said there wasn’t, but its more prevalent today, never did me any harm a good hiding or the cane at school

:laugh:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 10, 2022, 08:08:32 am by Chris Black come back »
Society went to dogs as soon as kids stopped being sent up chimneys.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on August 10, 2022, 08:09:14 am by roversdude »
Of course it’s a society problem there is no consequence to bad behaviour and unfortunately the kids know it

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on August 10, 2022, 08:11:09 am by Chris Black come back »
Worst period of football violence was 70s and 80s. People active in violence then were brought up in 50s and 60s when the cane and belt were endemic.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 10, 2022, 08:14:54 am by The Beast »
Seen as the World Cup is in Qatar this year why not have Sharia law Filo!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on August 10, 2022, 08:20:47 am by glosterred »
I believe that Rotherham have a rule that if your under 16 you have to be accompanied by an adult, maybe the Rovers should think about implementing the same

COYR
The last thing we want to be doing is cutting our own attendances.

If it stops this stupid immature action that we saw last night, then I’d be happy for the attendance to be reduced and a better atmosphere and safer environment for those in the south stand and the rest of the stadium.

COYR

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on August 10, 2022, 08:43:22 am by The Beast »
So let's ban all the good kids for the sake of 3 idiots, never heard anything as idiotic in all my life!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on August 10, 2022, 08:57:05 am by glosterred »
So let's ban all the good kids for the sake of 3 idiots, never heard anything as idiotic in all my life!

But it’s isn’t banning good kids though is it, it’s making someone responsible for those under 16. The only ones being banned is those idiots that ran on the pitch last night. So not as idiotic as you think.

COYR

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 10, 2022, 09:00:04 am by bobbymax »
A criminal record, a fine and a lengthy ban, not that will make much difference to the brain-dead idiots or the equally-infantile w*nkers who were egging them on.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on August 10, 2022, 09:03:26 am by The Beast »

But it’s isn’t banning good kids though is it, it’s making someone responsible for those under 16. The only ones being banned is those idiots that ran on the pitch last night. So not as idiotic as you think.

COYR
So if the 14 year old lad/lass has nobody to take them, we don't let them come. It's absolutely idiotic.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on August 10, 2022, 09:07:54 am by Bentley Bullet »
Why do we go around in circles surrounding the problem with impotent preventative ideas when we should be going straight to the heart of the problem and locking the silly buggers up for 6 months?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on August 10, 2022, 09:10:46 am by Chris Black come back »
Because all the evidence shows that prison doesn’t work and recidivism is rife? Carrot and stick. Not just stick. We all end up paying for failure through more crime and more cost. I’d rather my taxes didn’t go on paying for people to be on repeat cycle of being locked up, released and committing crime then locked up again.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on August 10, 2022, 09:17:59 am by The Beast »
I've got a Lithuanian kid play for the team I coach, he's a really nice kid but quiet, not been here very long so not right confident. On Saturday I came out of the West stand and saw him and his mate coming out of the South stand. I felt chuffed to bits, I thought that's great he's come over here, he's embracing the culture and supporting our team. Yet some on here want to ban him, as there's no chance his parents could afford to come, brilliant!
 :turd:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on August 10, 2022, 09:30:30 am by roversdude »

COYR

One of the idiots was 17

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on August 10, 2022, 09:44:58 am by glosterred »

COYR
So if the 14 year old lad/lass has nobody to take them, we don't let them come. It's absolutely idiotic.

It’s idiotic to do nothing and if someone suffers because of the idiots before them then that is unfortunate but not the end of the world.

COYR

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 10, 2022, 09:45:55 am by glosterred »

COYR

One of the idiots was 17

Then they should really have known better.

COYR

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 10, 2022, 09:53:31 am by The Beast »

COYR

It’s idiotic to do nothing and if someone suffers because of the idiots before them then that is unfortunate but not the end of the world.

COYR
I'm not saying do nothing, I'm saying don't penalise the majority for the minority.  You'll see this if you read back.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on August 10, 2022, 09:58:04 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'd like to see some form of Comminity Service offered to these in exchange for some period of their bans.

If they put something back into the club with some hours of general maintenance in and around the stadium as rehabilitation then they could have their bans reduced.

Be interesting if they care enough to take up that option if it was offered.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on August 10, 2022, 10:22:33 am by Bentley Bullet »
Because all the evidence shows that prison doesn’t work and recidivism is rife? Carrot and stick. Not just stick. We all end up paying for failure through more crime and more cost. I’d rather my taxes didn’t go on paying for people to be on repeat cycle of being locked up, released and committing crime then locked up again.

So what's the alternative? Shut the ground down and ban everybody?
 At least when the imbeciles are locked up they are not offending. Perhaps we should make prison harder?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on August 10, 2022, 10:38:20 am by Chris Black come back »
Zooming out to the bigger picture. There is a very small part of the population who need locking up for the safety of the public and also themselves. The obvious candidates of mentally disturbed killers, nonces, Leeds fans.

Putting this small group to one side, the vast bulk of other crime is driven by poverty, deprivation and low aspiration. If someone has a good and stable job, family life and stuff to keep them occupied, they have a stake in society and toeing the line. If we sort this out, then prison is largely for the no hope group above.

You are right though that if prison is seen as an opportunity to rehabilitate people by getting them off drugs, educated and with a route from the prison gate into a job and stable life, then we are all on to a winner.

Reality though is it hasn’t and probably won’t be funded to that level. Hence why it becomes a generator of social failure for which we pay many times over in police, justice, social service costs, along with foregone tax revenue from these folks actually being in work rather than wasting all of our time and tax.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 10, 2022, 10:48:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
I'm not talking about people in poverty being locked up as a result of their poverty, I'm talking about people who can afford to go to football matches.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 10, 2022, 11:16:56 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I can see both sides, silly immature teenagers. But you have to have zero tolerance when they're coming on the pitch.

The call to prevent under 16s attending alone is ridiculous. I started watching rovers as a 14 year old with mates. Had I not done so I highly doubt I would follow rovers now.

Involve and engage with the youngsters and they'll naturally behave better.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on August 10, 2022, 11:39:07 am by glosterred »

COYR

COYR
I'm not saying do nothing, I'm saying don't penalise the majority for the minority.  You'll see this if you read back.

But you haven’t offered an alternate solution, all you’ve done is called what I said as idiotic. What is your solution?

COYR

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on August 10, 2022, 12:08:08 pm by The Beast »

COYR

COYR

But you haven’t offered an alternate solution, all you’ve done is called what I said as idiotic. What is your solution?

COYR

I've got faith in the club to deal with them in an adequate way. I don't need to sanction a particular demographic because of the behaviour of 3 individuals.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 10, 2022, 12:24:34 pm by Barmby Rover »

And in the 1970s the same kids were so well behaved weren't they, standing (as you did then) the same sort of idiots screaming racist abuse and throwing Nazi salutes as NF members and causing riots. Things have changed so much haven't they?

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 10, 2022, 12:33:45 pm by elmsallrover »
Just give them a life ban problem sorted would make the rest think for a minute

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 10, 2022, 12:50:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There has always been bad kids and adults with learning difficulties acting silly. The trouble is they have got away with it more and more over the last 50 odd years.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 10, 2022, 01:02:10 pm by ditch_drfc »
You can't ban under 16s attending without an adult. Do that and the support will dwindle over the years. Not to mention that it's just unfair. I started at Belle Vue at 14 years old with mates. Occasionally I'd go with my mum, but my season ticket was with my mates. Ridiculous to suggest that.

Do what the club are doing, fines, bans etc. It will soon stop if they act on it.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 03:07:16 pm by ditch_drfc »

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 10, 2022, 01:16:04 pm by Jimmydee »
There was a cheer when they chanted “get your bits out for the lads” did a young female oblige?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012