Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:18:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: South stand idiots  (Read 8037 times)

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
Re: South stand idiots
« Reply #60 on August 10, 2022, 01:30:57 pm by drfcbenny625 »
Do we even know that the idiots who ran onto the pitch were under 16? They looked at least that to me. Granted my eyesight isn’t the best like.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on August 10, 2022, 01:42:52 pm by Prez »
There was a cheer when they chanted “get your bits out for the lads” did a young female oblige?

Not sure, but i noticed on the way out just how many of our younger female fans were dressed as though it was prom night!

Sign of the times i guess.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 10, 2022, 01:56:55 pm by bpoolrover »
Do we even know that the idiots who ran onto the pitch were under 16? They looked at least that to me. Granted my eyesight isn’t the best like.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 10, 2022, 02:06:57 pm by normal rules »
The singing of get your tits out really does show how little we have come as a society in recent years. Someone will come in here saying it’s football banter . It isn’t.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 10, 2022, 04:01:59 pm by roversdude »
It was cringeworthy before when we had the girls selling the half time draw tickets at Belle Vue - seemed even worse yesterday

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 10, 2022, 04:03:01 pm by Draytonian III »
Can’t the club name and shame them ?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 10, 2022, 04:57:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Because all the evidence shows that prison doesn’t work and recidivism is rife? Carrot and stick. Not just stick. We all end up paying for failure through more crime and more cost. I’d rather my taxes didn’t go on paying for people to be on repeat cycle of being locked up, released and committing crime then locked up again.

So what's the alternative? Shut the ground down and ban everybody?
 At least when the imbeciles are locked up they are not offending. Perhaps we should make prison harder?

Probation. Make them attend the cop shop when Rovers are playing and stick them on the naughty step.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 10, 2022, 06:13:35 pm by scawsby steve »
It’s a society problem, the do gooders that campaigned so that you couldn’t chastise your kids have caused this, feral kids on the streets throwing bricks at bus windows, off road motorbikes with them all wearing balaclava’s, not getting the cane at school, and behaviour like that last night. They are untouchable and they know it!

Aye never any trouble back when you could belt kids was there!

I never said there wasn’t, but its more prevalent today, never did me any harm a good hiding or the cane at school

It maybe didn't do you any harm, Filo, but it did me and many others a whole lot of mental harm. I'm a lot older than you, and was a child in the 1950s, when many parents and teachers were physically abusive and cruel to children, and I was a victim of that.

I'm convinced to this day that some of those teachers were sadists, and took pleasure from it all.

As BB said, prison is the answer, but make them much tougher, like HMP Wakefield.

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on August 10, 2022, 06:17:04 pm by scunny rover »
I did a week in the army nick for been a complete arsehole,and vowed I wouldn't go back inside,and I never did so it did me a bit of good .

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 10, 2022, 07:02:03 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Banning under 16s attending without and adult would put the gate to about 3k. Look around. Everyone in Donny 25 to about 50 support Leeds Man Utd or Liverpool

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on August 10, 2022, 07:59:26 pm by Filo »

talksbollox

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 10, 2022, 08:16:46 pm by talksbollox »
Unfortunately the ‘Black Bank’ has perhaps become a name not originally set out to be, but now unfortunately personified by those who gather not as representative’s of what is defined as the ‘hard core’ i.e, the ‘back bone’ of the club’s support, but has been ‘hi-jacked’ by a small group of ‘spotty youth’s’ fuelled pre match by 4 cans of cider who now set the ‘agenda’ of our home support - the so called but now surely & perhaps sadly ‘Black Bank’.

They conjugate in the South Stand & to all intents & purposes sit, stand, malaise ar their will.

Tonight was an ideal opportunity for ‘this group’ regardless of the score to show ‘their mettle’. They imo were intent on invading the pitch regardless of the result.

Shame on them, shame on the original organises of the ‘Black Bank’ (perhaps a group now hoisted on their own petard of choice of name?) for allowing standing in the face of stewards remonstrations which was only ever going one way.

I’m glad I didn’t choose to make the 150 mile all round trip tonight. I’ve no reason to be personally but nevertheless thanks to the few, i would have left angry & frustrated……& i don’t mean at the team.

I know it’s probably just predictive text but I love the idea of the idiots conjugating in the south stand. Perhaps they could start with the verb to have and then we may soon see the end of ‘could of’ and ‘should of’ instead of the correct ‘could have’ and ‘should have’.

Just tickled my pedantic bones

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on August 10, 2022, 09:38:01 pm by Sprotyrover »
Bring back Police Constable Patterson from his retirement he would have sorted them good and Proper. Stewards are useless and we were discussing allowing Alcohol to be Consumed on the terraces the other evening!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 10, 2022, 10:08:05 pm by normal rules »
I did a week in the army nick for been a complete arsehole,and vowed I wouldn't go back inside,and I never did so it did me a bit of good .

The glasshouse is a bit different to the hotels hmps are currently operating.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 10, 2022, 10:20:27 pm by monkeytennis »
There was a cheer when they chanted “get your bits out for the lads” did a young female oblige?

Well they were chucking a bra about so yes I think so!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on August 10, 2022, 10:31:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Did they show their true class and come out with the old favourite "She's got Chlamydia" at all?

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on August 10, 2022, 11:12:07 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Did they show their true class and come out with the old favourite "She's got Chlamydia" at all?

That would require them knowing the first thing about fornication.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on August 11, 2022, 12:03:22 am by EasyforDennis »
It looks like poor Kyle could do with a few weeks in a boot camp.
I think we know who ate all the pies looking at him.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 11, 2022, 01:30:40 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Village stocks for them. Free rovers shirt for whoever hits them on the bonce, headers and volleys!.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 01:39:39 am by Sammy Chung was King »

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 11, 2022, 06:43:23 am by rich1471 »
I work with somebody that know him ,says he is not interested in football at all ,so he does not care about been banned ,making him go to the police station for the next 3 years when rovers play would really get on his nerves and he would need to explain to his employer why he needs the time off and will make him think twice ,he has lost around 3-4 stone already as he used to be a really big lad I was told

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on August 11, 2022, 06:48:11 am by Bentley Bullet »
Village stocks for them. Free rovers shirt for whoever hits them on the bonce, headers and volleys!.
As long as the rule is you're only allowed to hit them on the bonce, we don't want to cause any damage.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on August 11, 2022, 09:53:41 am by Donnywolf »
I work with somebody that know him ,says he is not interested in football at all ,so he does not care about been banned ,making him go to the police station for the next 3 years when rovers play would really get on his nerves and he would need to explain to his employer why he needs the time off and will make him think twice ,he has lost around 3-4 stone already as he used to be a really big lad I was told

See my reply #16 from above

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 11, 2022, 05:25:22 pm by andysly »
Slightly alternative view. I was in the south stand on Tuesday with grandkids aged 14 and 10, also a mate of 14 with them.
Although the match was awful, they had a great time joining in most of the chants, no swearing and were all of the opinion the lads running on the pitch were goons and when I told them they would get banned their opinion was validated more.
Now the mate was a Sheffield Utd fan, who on phone to his dad on way home said he loved atmosphere and wanted to go to Donny more, the youngest grandson loved it too, enjoying the chanting and clapping.
Eldest grandson who is 100% Rovers bit his fingernails to the quick at Bradford and went berserk in those last 5 mins v Sutton on Saturday was more circumspect but felt the south stand made a poor display more palatable

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on August 11, 2022, 07:04:42 pm by drfchound »
Slightly alternative view. I was in the south stand on Tuesday with grandkids aged 14 and 10, also a mate of 14 with them.
Although the match was awful, they had a great time joining in most of the chants, no swearing and were all of the opinion the lads running on the pitch were goons and when I told them they would get banned their opinion was validated more.
Now the mate was a Sheffield Utd fan, who on phone to his dad on way home said he loved atmosphere and wanted to go to Donny more, the youngest grandson loved it too, enjoying the chanting and clapping.
Eldest grandson who is 100% Rovers bit his fingernails to the quick at Bradford and went berserk in those last 5 mins v Sutton on Saturday was more circumspect but felt the south stand made a poor display more palatable

Great that the lads enjoyed themselves Andy.

Goldthorperover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on August 11, 2022, 07:59:44 pm by Goldthorperover »
Andysly, I took my 9 year old nephew to his first ever pro game hoping he'd be impressed by what he saw and wanted to come more with me. We were in the south stand also but more towards the family stand as my mate was with us with his 3 year old. Needless to say he wasnt impressed and when I asked him if hed come again the ungrateful little sh!t said no! Theres no pleasing some people.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on August 11, 2022, 08:11:00 pm by Alickismyhero »
Talking about grandkids I took mine, 8.10 and 13 to watch the Wycome game.  Even before the game started my youngest grandkid asked me "can we go home now?" needless to say the answer was "here is anther sweat, suck on that". The game was not a good one but Akinfenwa enjoyed it.

donnyguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 12, 2022, 01:00:30 pm by donnyguy »
Police response to the three idiot pitch invaders

A South Yorkshire Police spokesperson said the force is still deciding what action to take against the offenders, if any, due to their age.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 12, 2022, 01:03:42 pm by ravenrover »
The Club will issue the ban

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 12, 2022, 01:07:16 pm by Filo »
Police response to the three idiot pitch invaders

A South Yorkshire Police spokesperson said the force is still deciding what action to take against the offenders, if any, due to their age.

Age should have nothing to do with it, but if they go down that road parents should be held responsible

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 12, 2022, 03:00:02 pm by goalkick »
There are many parents these days who unfortunately do not teach their children. Respect, good manners and how they should behave.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012