Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:05:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whos going to be Moore's first signing  (Read 35156 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Re: Whos going to be Moore's first signing
« Reply #150 on July 22, 2019, 01:23:15 pm by phil old leake »
I don’t know who it is but I’m a little disappointed that there hasn’t been one

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on July 22, 2019, 01:34:59 pm by boro_rover »
Why a the panic? We may have had a list of player drawn up for McCanns preferred formation and style. If he plays a different shape they won’t fit the squad. DM has to first work out what formation he will play. Then find the players who would fit that bill within the budget. Everything will work out and players will come in, make no mistake.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on July 22, 2019, 02:02:21 pm by dickos1 »
There’s no panic
But with only 2 friendlies left to play you’d imagine he’d like them in sooner rather than later so he can work with them

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on July 22, 2019, 02:04:25 pm by boro_rover »
Yeah but there is no point signing for the sake of it.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #154 on July 22, 2019, 02:07:10 pm by since-1969 »
I think we need a minimum of 4 good additions.
we’ve had 3 so don’t hold your breath .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on July 22, 2019, 02:07:23 pm by IDM »
There’s a piece with GB on the DFP website today, sounds positive and encouraging..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on July 22, 2019, 02:08:11 pm by dickos1 »
Of course not
But you’d like to think we’ve had enough time by now to not only make signings for the sake of it.

Moore knew before he came what we needed, and had a long list of players that he felt were suitable

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on July 22, 2019, 02:23:57 pm by phil old leake »
My point exactly dickos
As for signing for the sake of it boro_rover.  If we don’t sign some players we’re in the pooh
I just hope it’s not a panic if/when JM moves on

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on July 22, 2019, 03:06:49 pm by scawsby steve »
You should go to the off-topic section if you want a real laugh. There's a handful of potential Prime Ministers whose only qualification is reading the Guardian!

Absolutely and unequivocally THE post of the year BB.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on July 22, 2019, 03:10:08 pm by since-1969 »
The article in. Free press from GB
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-gavin-baldwin-on-squad-strengthening-and-the-characteristic-darren-moore-is-looking-for-in-new-signings-485714
I would not expect GB to say anything other , he did intimate that a 18 man squad was the initial plan and as all the signings to date are from that plan and players put on hold we’re also , it’s looking very much like DM isn’t being given too much elbow room . Funds are there but what does that mean , are they for permanent signings or quality loans . Positive noises with plans afoot , it’s going to be a busy few days as every team will be chancing many of the players we are you have to assume .

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on July 22, 2019, 03:17:40 pm by IDM »
it’s looking very much like DM isn’t being given too much elbow room . 

Where do you get that from.?

If anything, the DFP site report says the opposite.!!

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on July 22, 2019, 03:31:18 pm by Michael Gibson »
So what’s happened to all the quality signings who were lined up?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #163 on July 22, 2019, 03:41:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows that sealing a deal can have its complications, particularly with agents advising their players to hold off and wait to assess the best deal on offer, even if there is agreements on fees with the selling clubs. Sometimes it's a game of cat and mouse and negotiations get protracted.

What do you want? Wait to get your no 1 target or go with your no 2 just to appease certain sections of your fans who don't have patience?

I'm sure there's many clubs,agents and players spinning a few plates at the moment!

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on July 22, 2019, 03:47:08 pm by Retdon1 »
If we only needed 1 maybe 2 players then there is little pressure on us to get them signed up immediately. It’s the fact that we still need 4 or 5 good quality additions that is getting everyone worried. The season starts in 12 days and there is currently no sign of anyone coming in, in the near future.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #165 on July 22, 2019, 03:52:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If we only needed 1 maybe 2 players then there is little pressure on us to get them signed up immediately. It’s the fact that we still need 4 or 5 good quality additions that is getting everyone worried. The season starts in 12 days and there is currently no sign of anyone coming in, in the near future.

That's your opinion but you cannot state as fact we need 4 or 5 quality additions. Most will concur we will need at least two to get us up and running, then we have another month before the window closes to assess things.

That period could also allow for whether we lose JM or not.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on July 22, 2019, 04:07:19 pm by Shawndrfc »
I think people are having abit of a panic because at the end of the day we have lost 2 center backs who haven't been replaced. We have lost Rowe & Kane in midfield and replaced the with Sheaf. Lost Wilks upfront and not replaced him.

Bright side we brought in a right back, which has let Blair back into midfield which helps with the numbers and if they signed a squad player like Atkinson, then at least we have cover in couple of positions if injuries hit.

We are still 4-5 players short and you would hope with couple of loans plus 2-3 signings we have a squad strong enough to pick up where we left off.

I do think I big factor will be if Marquis gets sold or not because if we do get 2 million for him them could see players coming in quickly with tht money.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on July 22, 2019, 04:13:59 pm by boro_rover »
As DonnyBaz says above, if you first have to approach a club you then have to enquire whether the player is for sale and at what cost. Then approach that players agent - who will then approach his player to work out A if they are interested and b what their terms are. The club then has to negotiate with the player to come to an agreement. In the meantime the agent will be ringing around other clubs who may be interested telling them we have agreed a fee but he would prefer them. Before all that the scouts and management have to find the suitable players in the first place. Don’t forget Moore is shopping in a different market now as well.

When you consider clubs like United at the end of Mourinhos tenure were signing his 4th and 5th choice you get some idea of how difficult it is to get transfers of players - especially desirable ones over the line.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on July 22, 2019, 04:14:33 pm by Retdon1 »
I think people are having abit of a panic because at the end of the day we have lost 2 center backs who haven't been replaced. We have lost Rowe & Kane in midfield and replaced the with Sheaf. Lost Wilks upfront and not replaced him.

Bright side we brought in a right back, which has let Blair back into midfield which helps with the numbers and if they signed a squad player like Atkinson, then at least we have cover in couple of positions if injuries hit.

We are still 4-5 players short and you would hope with couple of loans plus 2-3 signings we have a squad strong enough to pick up where we left off.

I do think I big factor will be if Marquis gets sold or not because if we do get 2 million for him them could see players coming in quickly with tht money.

We surly don’t need to sell marquis to bring players in. We have released plenty of high earners and keep getting told our budget is around 6/7th best so should have plenty of funds available

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on July 22, 2019, 04:19:30 pm by Retdon1 »

That's your opinion but you cannot state as fact we need 4 or 5 quality additions. Most will concur we will need at least two to get us up and running, then we have another month before the window closes to assess things.

Course I can state that. We haven’t replaced Maorsi, Butler, Downing, Kane or Wilkes, and still need a alternative up top to marquis. 4 of those 5 mentioned most would agree were top quality players. So are you suggesting we don’t need top quality players to replace them. If you are then I hope your happy with a season with where a mid table finish is considered as success

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on July 22, 2019, 04:20:47 pm by DearneValleyRover »

We surly don’t need to sell marquis to bring players in. We have released plenty of high earners and keep getting told our budget is around 6/7th best so should have plenty of funds available

We don’t, if he goes and at the moment it’s a big if the only thing it would effect is the need for another forward. Darren has taken his time to assess the squad as is, do bare in mind he has to keep who he has already got happy. There is no way we will start the season without any new faces arriving so why not enjoy the next few days of hot weather and see who comes through the door

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on July 22, 2019, 04:21:54 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Course I can state that. We haven’t replaced Maorsi, Butler, Downing, Kane or Wilkes, and still need a alternative up top to marquis. 4 of those 5 mentioned most would agree were top quality players. So are you suggesting we don’t need top quality players to replace them. If you are then I hope your happy with a season with where a mid table finish is considered as success

Yes but your idea of top quality and our current managers may differ

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #172 on July 22, 2019, 04:34:34 pm by goalkick »
Why all the rush,think next tues is the day everything will happen or maybe the week after :rolleyes: :suicide: only kidding everything will turn out right,have faith.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on July 22, 2019, 04:44:05 pm by Drover »
My point exactly dickos
As for signing for the sake of it boro_rover.  If we don’t sign some players we’re in the pooh
I just hope it’s not a panic if/when JM moves on

But if you sign for the sake of it,we could be stuck with that Pooh on/in our shoes/boots.Better to start the season a few short than be stuck with several useless for rest of the season.

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on July 22, 2019, 04:48:59 pm by Michael Gibson »
The misleading quote came from Baldwin who said the quality players were lined up and ready to sign!! Well obviously not... the same guy said McCann was going nowhere so I’ll leave you all with that.

Shawndrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on July 22, 2019, 04:57:57 pm by Shawndrfc »

We don’t, if he goes and at the moment it’s a big if the only thing it would effect is the need for another forward. Darren has taken his time to assess the squad as is, do bare in mind he has to keep who he has already got happy. There is no way we will start the season without any new faces arriving so why not enjoy the next few days of hot weather and see who comes through the door

My post about Marquis was written poorly, I didn’t mean that players coming in is dependant on Marquis being sold, what I meant was, when a player gets sold like Marquis for that kind of money, certain deals where there is a sticking point in regards to wages or fees usually get sorted, as we are happy paying the little extra and deals could complete quicker. If he goes or not we will get the same amount of players in (actually one more player to replace him)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on July 22, 2019, 05:03:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

You are not Darren Moore.

You cannot say as fact we need to replace Morosi.
You cannot say as fact we need an alternative to JM.. What was the alternative last season?
You cannot say as fact that Ben Sheaf will not be as effective as Kane in midfield. We may not need a clone of Herbie if the sum of the parts across midfield work effectively.

Only Darren Moore can make those assessments.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on July 22, 2019, 05:08:03 pm by silent majority »
The misleading quote came from Baldwin who said the quality players were lined up and ready to sign!! Well obviously not... the same guy said McCann was going nowhere so I’ll leave you all with that.

Where did GB state that McCann was going nowhere? Have you just made that up?

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on July 22, 2019, 05:08:26 pm by redbrez »
Still time for me and not being negative , but it's a big ask to be stronger  than last season when we have to replace 2 big players in Wilks and herbie , and rowe and the experience of butler with the added facts they scored quite a few goals between them. Plus we have replaced Andrew but how Andrew finished the season it will be a big miss because he was also likely to score 4 or 5 goals a season.
If we compare to a side with a similar  finish , just look how Peterborough have signed I would say they are a lot stronger with 5 or 6 good signings, plus they have had time together and will hit the ground running and I would predict them to finish in the top 4 possibly automatics .. ?

We have a big ask to be better than last season so to replace the players we had with better is a tough ask and surely we should be looking at bringing at least 4 -6 players in,

Things can change with signings , but whatever happens I think we will probably have a slow start.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on July 22, 2019, 05:24:31 pm by steve@dcfd »

You are not Darren Moore.

You cannot say as fact we need to replace Morosi.
You cannot say as fact we need an alternative to JM.. What was the alternative last season?
You cannot say as fact that Ben Sheaf will not be as effective as Kane in midfield. We may not need a clone of Herbie if the sum of the parts across midfield work effectively.

Only Darren Moore can make those assessments.

DBR the alternative to JM was Wilkes who played in that position once but was available to do so.
 We haven’t got that person at all in the totally squad. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012