Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:29:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Well done Hartlepool  (Read 1840 times)

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
Well done Hartlepool
« on October 05, 2022, 01:01:46 pm by Upton Rover »
You deserved your first win of the season, tactically the more experienced manager won the day
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 01:06:48 pm by Upton Rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Well done Hartlepool
« Reply #1 on October 05, 2022, 01:09:37 pm by graingrover »
Rovers had an experienced manager but the fans were so negative about him on social media and in my opinion that contributed largely to his dismissal.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 05, 2022, 01:10:56 pm by Bollinger »
You deserved your first win of the season, tactically the more experienced manager won the day

Maybe they did deserve it. But their more experience manager has had a disastrous career in management. He’s hardly what we should be aspiring to. It’s hard to believe he’s still in work.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 05, 2022, 01:14:21 pm by eastender »
Rovers had an experienced manager but the fans were so negative about him on social media and in my opinion that contributed largely to his dismissal.

Dismissal , have i missed something.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 05, 2022, 02:05:30 pm by Upton Rover »

Dismissal , have i missed something.
Who was that please explain?

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 05, 2022, 02:12:14 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Rumours starting to circulate now - a thread appeared briefly on here titled 'He's gone'. Might be the end for GM.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 05, 2022, 02:17:11 pm by Upton Rover »

Maybe they did deserve it. But their more experience manager has had a disastrous career in management. He’s hardly what we should be aspiring to. It’s hard to believe he’s still in work.
A win rate of 1 in 3 is not too shabby over 500+ games

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 05, 2022, 02:29:28 pm by Bollinger »
The same as McSheffrey then! 15 wins in 39 games.

Curled has two relegations on record at red different clubs and was sacked at two other clubs while they were in the relegation places.

Totally agree with what you say about how an experienced pair of hands could potentially achieve more here but I hope we aspire to better than journeymen like Curle.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 05, 2022, 02:54:43 pm by Upton Rover »

Curled has two relegations on record at red different clubs and was sacked at two other clubs while they were in the relegation places.

Totally agree with what you say about how an experienced pair of hands could potentially achieve more here but I hope we aspire to better than journeymen like Curle.
I’m not saying Curle would be a good manager for us, far from it! I just think that we need to ditch the connections between x-player’s and how the board favour these inexperienced people over mangers with a proven track record. We have got to stop this and recruit individual’s who have no previous links to our wonderful club if we are to achieve the glory days that were the SO era 2006-2011

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 05, 2022, 03:06:23 pm by BobG »
That won't happen for decades.

Between Peter Doherty and Sean O'Driscoll was 50 years. Between Sir Matt Busby and  Sir Alex Ferguson was about 40 years. Between Bob Paisley and Jurgen Klopp was over 30 years.

What makes todays Rovers any different?

BobG

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 05, 2022, 03:20:00 pm by Bollinger »

I’m not saying Curle would be a good manager for us, far from it! I just think that we need to ditch the connections between x-player’s and how the board favour these inexperienced people over mangers with a proven track record. We have got to stop this and recruit individual’s who have no previous links to our wonderful club if we are to achieve the glory days that were the SO era 2006-2011

Take your point.

I do feel like it’s all got a bit incestuous lately.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 05, 2022, 04:44:21 pm by scawsby steve »
That won't happen for decades.

Between Peter Doherty and Sean O'Driscoll was 50 years. Between Sir Matt Busby and  Sir Alex Ferguson was about 40 years. Between Bob Paisley and Jurgen Klopp was over 30 years.

What makes todays Rovers any different?

BobG

We're not asking for a return to the glory years, Bob, we're asking for a team to be competitive in the 4th tier. With the club stature, the stadium, the infrastructure, the owners, that shouldn't be too much to ask.

The fact that it isn't happening means that supporters are concerned, and quite rightly so.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 05, 2022, 05:16:47 pm by RugbyRover »
define "competitive"

we were competitive last night. Made two stupid errors and hit the post. A 50/50 game could have gone either way.

but I guess for some "competitive" means battering everyone.

and I know that 'pools hadn't won for 20 games but I wager they'll be top half of the table pretty soon.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 05, 2022, 05:38:05 pm by donnievic »
Absolute piss poor showing for the minute silence,no mention of it or why over tannoy and then still saying team out when the referee blew his whistle for it

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 05, 2022, 05:39:16 pm by Upton Rover »
define "competitive"

we were competitive last night. Made two stupid errors and hit the post. A 50/50 game could have gone either way.

and I know that 'pools hadn't won for 20 games but I wager they'll be top half of the table pretty soon.
We have battered no team this season, and yes we have been competitive for 5 to 10 minutes a few times in a few games, there’s never been the wow factor wow we were great wow that game was brilliant, wow we are one of the best teams in this division, wow I can’t wait for the next game, yes you can’t play great football every game, I would just like to say at the end of a game win, lose or draw that Rover’s were brilliant, but I can’t and that goes for every supporter.
Also totally agree that Hartlepool will finish in the top half and we are more likely to finish in the bottom half, I hope I’m wrong but could easily happen,

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 05, 2022, 06:59:50 pm by Lesonthewest »
I'll wager that most opposing fans of the sides we have played would say we are the worst team they have played this season.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 06, 2022, 08:13:02 pm by scawsby steve »
define "competitive"

It all depends how you look at the semantics of this, but I'd say that being competitive means not being utter sh*te, which is what we've looked like for the majority of the time in most games this season so far.

For a club of our stature, playing in the 4th tier, that's just not acceptable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012