Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:42:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A Public Statement from the VSC Regarding Investment Negotiations  (Read 9547 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Public statement:

The Viking Supporters Co-operative was formed in 2001 to help safeguard the long-term sustainability of Doncaster Rovers Football Club on behalf of its supporters.  Since then, we have developed a good working relationship with the owners and senior management at the club and there is a mutual understanding that, regardless of our shareholding, we are significant stakeholders giving valued opinions on behalf of our members and supporters in general.

We are certain that the supporter base would welcome any sustainable investment to further the success of the club.

Whilst any decision on potential external investment rests with the three major shareholders, the VSC can assure supporters that they would not make that decision without consulting us and considering our opinion.  Fundamentally, the VSC and club are in agreement that any decision regarding future investment must be predicated on safeguarding the club for future generations with the position of the trust being a key part of this.

The club have confirmed that negotiations are ongoing and we'll make a statement to our members as soon as we have confirmation of how these talks conclude.

It is widely acknowledged that an active and sustainable supporters' trust is a good thing in the long-term interests of the club.  Of course, the more members we have, the greater our sphere of influence and as ever we'd welcome new members to join us in the interest of the club we all love.  To join the VSC please visit www.drfc-vsc.co.uk.

The VSC Board

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
Excellent statement Mike and VSC Board.

You have my full backing.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
Concise and to the point

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Good to see that the VSC Board are keeping abreast of the situation and I'm happy that you will safeguard the relationship that we currently have with the club OUR club.  :rtid:

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Thanks Matty and Bedale.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
...and Hoola  ;)

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
as i suspected keep up good work

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
Seconded

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Remember folks, the greater our membership the louder our voice. Its only £1.00 per month.

You can join via Paypal at http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?page=5

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Indeed the more we have the stronger the board. We're always working hard and will keep updating as much as we can.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Well, another party political broadcast from the VSC. Just need Filo now to ridicule people who cannot afford £1 a month.

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: A Public Statement from the VSC Regarding Investment Negotiations
« Reply #11 on July 26, 2013, 08:26:08 pm by Filo »
Well, another party political broadcast from the VSC. Just need Filo now to ridicule people who cannot afford £1 a month.

Was that really needed on a thread like this?

You always get one!

silent majority

• VSC Member

Thanks for your positive contribution. I'll try to remember that the next time I'm asking for something on your behalf.

roversdude

• VSC Member
Good effort chaps

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Keep up the good work lads.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
I have to admit i feel a bit nervous about this 'takeover/investment' having lived through the Richardson era but it's also very exciting as well - i know i've been on this forum every hour today, in fact every time i get a free 5 mins! However, this statement gives me confidence that as supporters we have a voice - how many clubs' supporters can say that? Combined with IRWT I think rovers supporters are in a better position than many to influence things - and ok, I know money talks & the board/ new owners have final say - but I really think rovers value their supporters and believe that JR & co have the best interests of rovers at heart. So thanks for the statement, let us all have a little patience (I know it's not easy, I want it resolved ASAP as well!) and enjoy the ride!

I, for one, can't wait to see what happens. Lets really put Donny on the football map & support our fantastic club! I'm proud to be a Doncaster Rovers fan and hope we kick the ass of some of the so called big clubs this season!  :boxing:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:rtid:

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Nice to see a statement, but if you actually read it, it doesn't say anything.

Para 1. History
Para 2. Generic, obvious, statement
Para 3. The club would consider the VSC's opinion. At the moment the Club and VSC agree. (although it should be noted that BJW stated earlier the VSC were not involved in discussions)
Para 4. The club has confirmed what everyone suspected anyway
Para 5.  Generic supporters trust statement.

There's nothing of any substance in that statement, so I'd agree with Copps that it is something of a party political broadcast - and one where there is actually nothing for the VSC to take credit for.

And, it should be in VSC Matters. For house-keeping purposes of course.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
LJ think about why this statement has been issued. Its clear something is happening (its the worlds worst kept secret at the min) . The way i see it is that the VSC are being updated and informed of what is happening to an extent at the very least and prehaps at the very other extent of the spectrum are voicing their/our concerns but just not publicly. Maybe it does come across as a party broadcast but i cant really see what else can be said without putting the VSC as a minorty shareholder in the club at risk of not being party to the negotians that are in place. Patience and understanding is needed at this time i think.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
We weren't involved in the discussions between the club and the potential investors, no.  I didn't say we weren't in discussions with the club though.  :aok:

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 26, 2013, 09:17:12 pm by Mike_F »
Thanks for the mostly positive comments above. As per the statement we'll be issuing a further statement once we have a conclusion.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 26, 2013, 09:19:38 pm by Rios »
Nice to see a statement, but if you actually read it, it doesn't say anything.

Para 1. History
Para 2. Generic, obvious, statement
Para 3. The club would consider the VSC's opinion. At the moment the Club and VSC agree. (although it should be noted that BJW stated earlier the VSC were not involved in discussions)
Para 4. The club has confirmed what everyone suspected anyway
Para 5.  Generic supporters trust statement.

There's nothing of any substance in that statement, so I'd agree with Copps that it is something of a party political broadcast - and one where there is actually nothing for the VSC to take credit for.

And, it should be in VSC Matters. For house-keeping purposes of course.

As someone who has been an ardent critic of the VSC from day one and the direction it went in a few years back I have to say I have been really concerned regarding potential investment from "Irish Consortia".  Where some people are wetting themselves at £20m figures, I see another Richardson... guess I'm always a glass half full kind of person!  Whereas before I always considered the VSC as an unnecessary cloning of the supporters club, I now think there is a need and like the direction and communication it has with supporters and club.  Add in the IRWT and the increased interaction without the perceived pally closeness with the board and it's bringing positive results.

So, humble pie time.  I've just paid my subscription.   Can I have my little VSC medal and will obviously now start campaigning for a VSC-members only board!  (that's sarcasm by the way, don't have a cow and start crying).  I get the feeling I'm still not going to agree with some of what the VSC does, but at least it's doing something apart from whining about everything and doing nothing.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on July 26, 2013, 09:23:38 pm by Mike_F »
Thanks Rios. Constructive criticism and feedback is ALWAYS welcome. Great to have you on board.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Thanks Rios.

I am properly taken aback by that.  You joining the VSC was on my bucket list! ;)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
I think the VSC plays a crucial role and the folk who are involved running it seem to be doing a grand job.

My point though is in line with a number of posts on here. We have no idea whatsoever about what is planned by a group of people we have absolutely no knowledge about. As others have pointed out the talk of "millions" being spent is just laughable. We are not fools and we need something more than the welcome VSC statement about the future of our club. It looks a better than 50/50 bet that the club will be in new ownership in a matter of days but we have bugger all idea who!

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Rios - I support much of the work of the VSC. I think it's been involved in some excellent initiatives.

What I balk at though is, what I perceive to be, an attempt to overstate the role of the VSC in what goes on behind the scenes at the Club, and then, conversely, an overly defensive, and at times hypocritical, stance when things don't run smoothly.

In this situation, if someone is offering a hypothetical £20m cash injection into the Club, I find it hard to believe that the three main shareholders would sit down with a bunch of replica shirt wearing middle aged men and say "well, if you boys are not happy we'll tell them we're not interested". Sure, there's a role as a critical friend for the VSC in this scenario.  But with any real gravitas? I have my doubts.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member

why single out Filo - there's plenty of folk would be willing to ridicule that sort of attitude...

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
I concur with all positive statements regarding the VSC I am even contemplating joining..............once I beat San Marino!!!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 26, 2013, 09:59:59 pm by Leebtyler »
im pleased the club are including us the fans and the VSC.

let's be honest boo boys, they didn't have to, this is boardroom level stuff and we have no right whatsoever to any detail about this deal and what it brings.

This is a time when as fans we need to pull in the same direction instead of criticsing each other and scoring brownie points, this next week will decide the future of our club one way or another, and I for one welcome open discussion about the matter, I feel pretty confident in saying no other club in England would engage its fans like this. full stop.

please do keep the lines open guys, and I look forward to more information.

:rtid:

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 26, 2013, 10:01:56 pm by hoolahoop »

Can you tell me please whoelse is likely to protect your interests ? This is a choice thing not a pecuniary problem at only £1 per month............you're just daft enough to think that your money doesn't count and that you can 'ride' on the back of the efforts of others .
It says a lot about you and the attack on Filo and indeed the VSC imo was unwarranted. He believes in the VSC and it's aims as do the majority on here.
Tbh I don't know why I'm bothering to post a reply to your flippant remark about the hard work that the members of the VSC do on your 'freeloading' behalf. Basically you are a clown.  :mad:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012