Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 12:55:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Leroy Lita  (Read 2708 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Leroy Lita
« on December 17, 2010, 10:31:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not a lot of people know this, but young Leroy's surname is, in fact, a contraction of his real hyphenated name, Lita-of-Piss.

Tonight he lived right up to that name.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
Re:Leroy Lita
« Reply #1 on December 17, 2010, 11:36:34 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Couldn't agree more.

Maybe £20k a week salary too....

And at the end of his career he'll have won absolutely sod all.

It's a shame Strachan wasn't still in charge as the majority is his team. He obviously had an eye for a player  :woohoo:

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 17, 2010, 11:45:35 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Agreed; Mowbray's a good man and will just about keep them up.

It will be interesting to see what happens on the Wheater front though.
If I was Wheater, I'd want to sign to develop under such a good manager like TM.
Unless they panic and try to cash in next month.

I thought McDonald was awful tonight. Did he come down from Celtic?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 18, 2010, 09:53:55 am by CusworthRovers »
A lot of their players were not up for it as said. Lita is a player who I would have gladly had at Donny, not sure now like. Hoyte was another who was shit scared.

I hope Boro stop up. Local enough, decent club and Mowbray is a decent fella who also plays footy the right way.

When you look at the players that didn't play last night, that played some part last season, it makes the word consolidating more apt:

Huth, Tuncay, Alialialialialaialiadairre, Yeats, Grounds, Johnson and that goalie

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 18, 2010, 10:26:45 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Rovers' winner came from a spell of pressure that originated from Sharp hassling the left back into a mistake. Lita never once put in that sort of work. Against a makeshift defence, their attackers should have been in our faces the whole match, but not one of them put a shift in.

Given the circumstances of our defensive problems, I thought Hird and especially Lockwood were outstanding. Lockwood won every challenge in the air and totally bossed their strikers. And Hird made a couple of superb covering tackles.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 18, 2010, 10:31:10 am by The Red Baron »
Did you see Lita after Locky put that thundering challenge in on him in the first half?

No, neither did I.

For a few seconds the footballing spirit of Alan Little wore the No.11 shirt last night. Locky was terrific and gave the back four leadership and direction.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 18, 2010, 10:52:35 am by mushRTID »
Thought Lockwood was brilliant too BST. When we get a couple of full backs fit I would play Locky and Martis at CB until January and stick with it (barring injuries).

Dont rate Thomas or Hird personally, I think Locky and Big Shelts could keep things tight for us.

Also noticed as soon as Boyd came on, their keeper fired a goal kick straight towards him and the dirty t**t smashed Locky in the face with his forearm. He just got up and got on with it, good lad Locky!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 18, 2010, 11:06:33 am by Filo »
The Red Baron wrote:
Did you see Lita after Locky put that thundering challenge in on him in the first half?

No, neither did I.

For a few seconds the footballing spirit of Alan Little wore the No.11 shirt last night. Locky was terrific and gave the back four leadership and direction.

Hird`s thunderous challenge late on had all the hallmarks of animal, won the ball but the man felt the full force as well!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 18, 2010, 03:22:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
He might have been piss poor, Billy, but he still (somehow) managed to win balls in the air against Lockwood!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 18, 2010, 03:51:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Alan Southstand wrote:
He might have been piss poor, Billy, but he still (somehow) managed to win balls in the air against Lockwood!

Kin hell Alan, join the festive spirit.

We've just won against a side that we haven't beaten since before Queen Victoria grew tits.

We've got three dozen injured full backs.

We're at a higher position in the League at Xmas since the chuffing Suez Crisis.

What MORE do you want?

And by the way, whilst I have rarely considered Lockwood to be truly up to this level, I thought he was magnificent last night and won 80% of his aerial challenges. A centre half who did that every match would be an all-time great.

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 18, 2010, 04:12:46 pm by benaldo »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I've seen Boro more than enough times this season to know that they are going to struggle to stay up. They look frail and in front of goal, they just collapse far too often.

They had a lot of players that didn't particularly fancy it tonight, so god knows what they are going to be like at \"squeaky bum\" time later in the season.

Mogga has a lot of work to do!

Any team that can beat Cardiff (Which boro did the other match...comfortably I'm led to believe) aren't in any danger of thinking they are pants enough to go down right now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012