Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:01:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Centreplate again  (Read 7384 times)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Centreplate again
« on January 06, 2018, 02:52:36 pm by German Rover »
Went for a pie before the match and being a vegetarian, I asked for a cheese and onion pie. They didn't have any at half two!

Is Doncaster a secret vegetarian hotspot or have centreplate dropped the ball again?

I know the solution is for me to eat steak pies, bit frankly I don't want too!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Centreplate again
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2018, 02:54:58 pm by keith79 »
Byo. Bring your own.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2018, 03:28:21 pm by johnny rovers »
Do you have a cheese and onion pie at 14:30 every day? If not, why bother having one the odd Saturday at the Keepmoat Stadium!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2018, 03:33:46 pm by dickos1 »
You don't go to watch football at 14.30 everyday

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2018, 03:40:30 pm by balbyrover »
Do you have a cheese and onion pie at 14:30 every day? If not, why bother having one the odd Saturday at the Keepmoat Stadium!!

I doubt he does but it's irrelevant.  I have bought food in the past at the keepmoat and pretty much always been disappointed. 
I rarely do bother now, I tend to eat elsewhere before or after the match.

But the OP makes a valid point. It is very poor to run out of any product never mind before the match has even started.  It's money that the club will now miss out on ultimately.

And let's not even get on to the standard of the food.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2018, 04:28:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
How much longer do supporters have to put up with the incompetents? It’s not rocket science is it?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 06, 2018, 04:35:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
How much longer do supporters have to put up with the incompetents? It’s not rocket science is it?

It is only 1-0. They are trying their best.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2018, 05:05:00 pm by bobjimwilly »
Byo. Bring your own.

Might be the inevitable solution, but it's poor that Centerplate still aren't jumping on this sort of feedback and at least trying to improve.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 06, 2018, 05:18:06 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Surely it is time for a review?  I went to queue for some chips only the other week I was told I could wait and the kiosk but I would have to wait until they was ready to pay for them? bizarre.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 06, 2018, 05:31:42 pm by DRNaith »
It's been said before, somehow Centreplate are bucking the trend and receive more positive letters and reviews than all the complaints from disgruntled punters put together.

I have exaggerated on what was actually said, but even what was said verbatim, sounded highly impressive given the weight of unhappiness we're aware of.

I let someone who isn't prodding a phone screen to dig out the previous statement.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 06, 2018, 05:32:46 pm by German Rover »
Well I'll be contacting the club as soon as I get home, so there'll be at least one complaint letter going in.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 06, 2018, 05:34:44 pm by roverstillidie91 »
It's been said before, somehow Centreplate are bucking the trend and receive more positive letters and reviews than all the complaints from disgruntled punters put together.

I have exaggerated on what was actually said, but even what was said verbatim, sounded highly impressive given the weight of unhappiness we're aware of.

I let someone who isn't prodding a phone screen to dig out the previous statement.

Even if the majority of the time they have excellent reviews that is saying that the customers who complain about the service are held in total disregard and it appears that consistently nothing appears to be done.

And the prices are highly extortionate as well!

The only way it will be rectified is if fans vote with their feet basically don't buy anything from there..

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 06, 2018, 05:38:31 pm by DRNaith »
I don't disagree with you.

I do know, however, that it is much more unusual for people to decide to leave positive reviews than negative ones, which makes what has been said in the past even more surprising.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 06, 2018, 05:48:14 pm by 5minstogo »
I've stopped buying anything inside the Keepmoat. It's like Centreplate want to make it as difficult as possible for you to get what you actually want.

It's a shame but I'm not wasting any more money or time on them.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 06, 2018, 05:50:06 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Positive reviews = Corporate Punters  Negative Reviews = Ordinary Matchday Concourse  punters

just a thought!  probably shows where Centreplates priorities lie

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 06, 2018, 06:40:07 pm by roversdude »
You couldn’t even buy anything in West Stand (northern part) as it wasn’t even open

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 07, 2018, 10:17:23 am by NickDRFC »
Still waiting to see any evidence of all these positive reviews.

Either Centreplate, Rovers, or possibly both, don’t give a toss about the ordinary punter.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 07, 2018, 11:40:56 am by silent majority »
Still waiting to see any evidence of all these positive reviews.

Either Centreplate, Rovers, or possibly both, don’t give a toss about the ordinary punter.

The EFL carried out their latest inspection as part of the EFL Family Excellence Award and scored the refreshments section of their report as 8/10. All of this is based on cost, quality, service, range of products etc. On top of the 8/10 score they ranked them at number 5 in the division and had some very encouraging words to say about the whole experience.

To suggest the club don't care, when they are very, very protective of their Family Excellence reputation is definitely misplaced.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 07, 2018, 11:52:13 am by Canadian Rover »
I managed to get over for a few games this Christmas 2 x Home 1 x Away. The catering in the South Stand for the Rochdale game was pathetic at best. 3 x staff (only 2 of them doing anything) huge line ups and terrible service.

I'm sure the reviews must be done on another side of the catering...maybe in the East stand meals etc... the basics of pie, pint and bovril are terrible.

So much potential for the Rovers to make more money catering wise I believe and to make a match day that much better experience.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 07, 2018, 11:54:10 am by RoversAlias »
At which part of the ground was this assessed? Because from what I've seen and experienced, 8/10 is a laughable score, and off by about 8 I'd say when you consider the expensive cost for poor quality (or non-existent) offerings, from a very limited range to start with, served quite badly by understaffed, often undertrained workers.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 07, 2018, 11:59:19 am by silent majority »
At which part of the ground was this assessed? Because from what I've seen and experienced, 8/10 is a laughable score, and off by about 8 I'd say when you consider the expensive cost for poor quality (or non-existent) offerings, from a very limited range to start with, served quite badly by understaffed, often undertrained workers.

I'm assuming this would be the East Stand as this for the Family Excellence report. And if you know the layout of the various parts of the stadium you'll also know that the East Stand suffers more in terms of resource than in others. These reports, and this one in particular, was delivered by one of the senior assessors (according to the report) and was very complimentary on the quality of service.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 07, 2018, 12:34:37 pm by Chris Black come back »
I would hazard though that the East Stand is the least populated for ‘normal’ folk (ie non-corporate) due to this being the worst view on offer given setting sun, but more importantly with this being family stand it is not going to get demand for beer in same way as rest of group - dishing up some pop and crisps is far easier than a decent pint and warm pie. Might be a load of b*llocks, but I think this sounds logical.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 12:42:00 pm by Chris Black come back »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 07, 2018, 12:39:57 pm by RoversAlias »

I'm assuming this would be the East Stand as this for the Family Excellence report. And if you know the layout of the various parts of the stadium you'll also know that the East Stand suffers more in terms of resource than in others. These reports, and this one in particular, was delivered by one of the senior assessors (according to the report) and was very complimentary on the quality of service.

That sounds like a reasonable explanation for them getting such a high score then. My understanding is that the corporate facilities are very good too? As you would expect.

I would like these assessors to spend one afternoon looking at the South and West concourses as I am certain they would find many reasons to be alarmed, but unfortunately no change on this appears forthcoming.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 07, 2018, 12:42:32 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Have to agree it's rubbish in the south stand. Slow and usually lacking what you want.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 07, 2018, 12:42:47 pm by Chris Black come back »
Wonder what service gets offered in away end?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 07, 2018, 12:43:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
Have to agree it's rubbish in the south stand. Slow and usually lacking what you want.

We talking about food, or what is on offer on pitch?

It was a joke, btw.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 07, 2018, 12:46:51 pm by silent majority »

That sounds like a reasonable explanation for them getting such a high score then. My understanding is that the corporate facilities are very good too? As you would expect.

I would like these assessors to spend one afternoon looking at the South and West concourses as I am certain they would find many reasons to be alarmed, but unfortunately no change on this appears forthcoming.

It certainly doesn't include the corporate facilities. Its the service being delivered at the concourse level that counts. And when the 'Leeds Wall' is in place the resource available to supporters in that area drops dramatically and has half what the other stands have. Its always been the stand that has more pressures due to the layout and type of service it has to deliver.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 07, 2018, 08:08:30 pm by stuey »
The East Stand may be very good in quality of service, maybe due to the clubs desire to maintain their "Family Excellence reputation". But the South and West are dreadful. As others have said, very overpriced (£5.10 for a Bovril and a sausage roll is disgusting), the staff are woeful at times and the food is awful on occasions. I wouldn't say the club don't care, but Centreplate certainly don't.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 07, 2018, 08:25:11 pm by bobjimwilly »
I'll be honest I haven't even attempted going for food at half-time at all this season on my previous experience last season and beyond; wonder how many potential customers do the same?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 07, 2018, 08:32:32 pm by 5minstogo »
I'll be honest I haven't even attempted going for food at half-time at all this season on my previous experience last season and beyond; wonder how many potential customers do the same?

+1

TinyPortal © 2005-2012