Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:19:36 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Centreplate again  (Read 7399 times)

anne honemous

• Forum Member
Re: Centreplate again
« Reply #30 on January 07, 2018, 08:38:15 pm by anne honemous »
I was with a work colleague who ordered a pie at the Rochdale game.

The lad behind the kiosk, who's first language clearly wasn't English, goes to the pie heater thing and pulls one out that is 50% burned and clearly should not be served to any customers.

He then gives it to my mate, who straight away asks for another - the catering guy just shrugs his shoulders and doesn't know what to do and mumbles something like 'You want pie?'.

The guy's boss has been watching all this, then she comes over and produces a pie from the same pie heater thing that isn't burned but offers no apology or anything.

The standards are terrible!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 07, 2018, 08:41:00 pm by 5minstogo »
I once had a pie that had somehow had an extra tin foil pie tray baked inside the pie.

I missed 15 minutes of the game trying to get a refund. Apparently it was nothing to do with them and I should contact the pie manufacturers.

Customer service at its finest.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 07, 2018, 08:47:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
You were foiled.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 07, 2018, 08:48:56 pm by The Red Baron »
I have to say that yesterday I took a sandwich and drink with me and drank it in the car before going in. I do occasionally have a pie and find them ok. The burgers are dreadful though.

If I do have a drink in the ground it's either a bottle of Carlsberg or a diet coke. They can't go far wrong there.

However, whenever I've been to an evening game this season I've headed to Fish Bits in Hyde Park. A fantastic cod and chips there and it does me for the evening. Highly recommended.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 07, 2018, 09:31:39 pm by wesisback »
I'll be honest I haven't even attempted going for food at half-time at all this season on my previous experience last season and beyond; wonder how many potential customers do the same?
Me. I've in fact gone one step further and not bought a programme, nor the shirt I normally get for my lad this season.
This continuous 'head in the sand' attitude in terms of Centreplate has ran on for far too long now. They can produce as many letters and reviews as they want, both the service and quality of product being handed over is shite and has been shite for years.
People I go with have said its a bit of an over reaction on my part (never been known for that), however I refuse to put a single penny more in, bar the game while both the club and Centreplate insult my own eyes and tastebuds at what's being handed over at the concourses.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 09:51:59 pm by wesisback »

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 07, 2018, 10:20:34 pm by Silkscarf »
I ordered a cup of tea at the East Stand 'Ice Bar' at about 2.45 on Saturday. A very frightened and clueless-looking young girl mouthed something that I could not hear. So I asked her to repeat. I still didn't hear, but guessing she was saying '£2.20 please' I gave her the exact money. She looked like a rabbit in headlights. She took the money and turned on a tap to pour hot water on a teabag in a plastic cup. The cup was duly filled and set down on the worktop below the counter as if it was still not ready for me to pick up. She did not hand me the cup of tea. Had she filled it with Bovril by mistake? Coffee perhaps? What was the problem?

Then she looked round for support from colleagues, looking agitated. What was the problem? The young bloke in glasses came round from the back of the kiosk to finish serving me, while the girl went to the back of the kiosk. He asked if I had paid (yes I had) and then handed me the drink. I asked if there was a problem. Why didn't she just hand me the drink? There was no answer.

Bloody hell! This is the first time I've bought anything at the ground since last season. I expect it to be shite and overpriced but Jesus Christ. This was a shocking experience. Is this normal?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 10:22:58 pm by Silkscarf »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on January 07, 2018, 10:29:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I fancied a warm drink, and my young'en fancied a cold drink. I got myself a Bovril and got my young'en a beer.

We swapped!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 07, 2018, 11:04:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The East Stand may be very good in quality of service, maybe due to the clubs desire to maintain their "Family Excellence reputation". But the South and West are dreadful. As others have said, very overpriced (£5.10 for a Bovril and a sausage roll is disgusting), the staff are woeful at times and the food is awful on occasions. I wouldn't say the club don't care, but Centreplate certainly don't.

there you go!!!   no matter what they say  A captured audience........ Whereas corporate, weddings, and business meetings  throughout the year  will piss off  somewhere else if its crap...................... cynical  .......perhaps :) :) :)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 07, 2018, 11:11:44 pm by since-1969 »
The quality or lack of it is what makes everyone upset . No one minds paying , they just objected to being robbed . The prices are obscene and the cooked and pre-prepared food on offer is substandard along with the service on the day . How many times as this thread begun and ended with no satisfactory response or improvements.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on January 08, 2018, 01:18:06 am by silent majority »
To suggest that the club prioritise the East stand over other areas is a nonsense! As I've already stated the East stand is at a complete disadvantage compared to other areas of the stadium. The Football League send in their inspectors completely unannounced, no warning and no idea as to where and when they will appear.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 08, 2018, 06:04:11 am by roversdude »
SM at least kiosk is open in East
Were there not promises that West Stand kiosks would be open previously

Apologies that you seem to be getting flack in no way is this aimed at you, I really appreciate all you do linking with club

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 08, 2018, 09:21:22 am by silent majority »

Apologies that you seem to be getting flack in no way is this aimed at you, I really appreciate all you do linking with club

Yes there was. There was also promises that the 2nd kiosk in the East would be open but that didn't happen last Saturday. I can only assume that based on ticket sales and expected attendance figures that extra staff were not brought in to man those areas. I have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow, I'll raise these issues yet again.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 08, 2018, 10:20:23 am by bobjimwilly »
thanks Martin, appreciate it.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on January 08, 2018, 11:27:44 am by German Rover »
Martin,

I've emailed the club but can you bring up my complaint as well.

Cheers

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 08, 2018, 11:29:57 am by silent majority »
Martin,

Cheers

Yep, definitely, although I'm sure they'll get back to you on that.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 08, 2018, 11:33:06 am by anne honemous »
My take on it is that Centre Plate are obviously the highest bidder for the catering contract and the club have maximised their income level from that particular area.

Therefore, they're probably unlikely to care too much about this and when the catering contract is up for renewal again, it'll just go to the highest bidder or whatever's best for the club.

The service, if you can call it that, still remains absolutely horrendous though.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 08, 2018, 06:45:24 pm by silent majority »

roversdude,

the answer is as I previously mentioned. On Friday afternoon the ticket sales stood at a quite low 2,500, the decision was then made to staff the outlets to meet that anticipated demand. Before kick-off, according to the stand managers and cctv support, there was little demand at all kiosk outlets and the staff were coping adequately. Even at half time the outlets that were open coped with the 15 minute window very well and the club had no issues.

Under normal circumstances and with our normal gate attendance all the outlets would be open.

I hope that helps.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 08, 2018, 07:13:10 pm by German Rover »
Martin,

Cheers

Thanks for taking that to the club for me.  the club have emailed me twice already about it.  Good not to be chinned off like so many organisations would happily do.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 09, 2018, 12:29:20 am by silent majority »
Martin,

Cheers

Thanks for taking that to the club for me.  the club have emailed me twice already about it.  Good not to be chinned off like so many organisations would happily do.

You're welcome!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 09, 2018, 03:25:40 am by roversdude »
Thanks SM

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on January 11, 2018, 12:36:39 pm by Filo »
Heres a chance for someone to put things right 😀

Retail Catering Team Leader - Doncaster
Centerplate UK - Doncaster
Part-time
Centerplate UK
 731 reviews
Read what people are saying about working here.
Job Summary

Position: Team Leader

Responsible to: Catering Manager/Stand Manager

Responsible for: All Kiosk Staff

Please note that this role is offered on a casual basis

Main Responsibilities:

Ensure that all till workers and the cooks are briefed clearly & concisely and that the match day targets and incentives, have been understood
Ensure that all cooks & till workers are in the correct uniform
To communicate to the Stand Manager, Cellar Manger & Cook Supervisor any operational issues
Ensure that skimming procedure is accurate and being adhered to within the timeline.
Ensure cashing up procedures and all match day paper work is completed and accurate prior to the kiosk close down
Key Tasks Detail:

To ensure that all till workers and the cooks are briefed clearly & concisely and that the match day targets and incentives has been understood

To motivate and performance manage the till workers by incentivising the team
Match day targets to be achieved by ensuring the till workers engage with customers and up sell product
To communicate clearly to the cooks any products that require replenishment prior & during the match day operation prioritising, half time service
To ensure that all cooks & till workers are in the correct uniform

Team leaders must ensure that all till workers are in the correct uniform and personal presentation is in line site requirements
To ensure all outer jackets, cash declaration bags are signed and placed in the clear bin liner secured with the cable tie and not opened until sign out has been verified by the Stand Manager
To communicate to the Stand Manager, Cellar Manger & Cook Supervisor any operational issues

To liaise with the Concourse Manger, Cellar Manager & Cook Supervisor of any operational, wet stock, or food product issues during service. It is imperative that the Team Leader ensures that the kiosk is fully stocked for maximum sales at half time
To communicate to all the team within the kiosk that they operate the kiosk as their own “shop” ensuring that all till workers & cooks are remaining within the confines of the kiosk.
Communication with the Stand Manager if any till workers are to be removed from the kiosk due to sickness, performance or attitude issues
Ensure that skimming procedure is accurate and being adhered to within the timeline

The Team leader must ensure all tills are skimmed individually at kick off, and close of service. Till workers names must be recorded on the skim and stock sheet and the skim amount recorded on both. The skims must be sealed and placed in the skim bag with the skim sheet, the skim bag is sealed for collection by the skimming team
Team Leader to be briefed that all skims must be signed off and countersigned by the skimming team on the skim collection sheet
Team Leaders must only release their skim to the designated skimming team as noted on the match day briefing sheet.
Ensure cashing up procedures are followed, all kiosk are closed down to the required standard

The Team Leader’s must complete the Kiosk Stock Sheet which works Stock to Cash, this should balance and we have a tolerance level of £10 either way.
If the tolerance level is met the Stand Manager will verify the stock sheet and the kiosk team can be released to check out, however if it does not balance ensure that Stand Manager is informed and all the relevant operation checks are verified before the Team Leader and kiosk team can be sent to check out.
Team Leaders must check that all cooks & till workers have ensured that the kiosk is a clean and sanitised environment and all rubbish/ food debris has been disposed of in the relevant refuse areas.
Team Leaders and Cooks check that all kiosk equipment has been turned off except fridges and freezers.
Any break down of equipment or staffing issues must be reported to the Stand Manager
All the Team Leader report sheets must be completed and verified by the Stand Manager
This job description is non-contractual and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at time of writing.

Job Type: Part-time

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 11, 2018, 12:41:59 pm by Pancho Regan »

However, whenever I've been to an evening game this season I've headed to Fish Bits in Hyde Park. A fantastic cod and chips there and it does me for the evening. Highly recommended.

I'll second that TRB. Fish Bits has become my destination of choice for every night match. Excellent food and amazing value.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 11, 2018, 12:59:27 pm by Pancho Regan »
For me, it's specifically the standard of service from the West Stand concourse outlets that is the worst element. I've nothing but praise for the service in the Belle Vue Bar and on the couple of occasions I've experienced the East Stand Legends Lounge that too has been very good.

I wasn't going to bother mentioning this because nothing ever changes, but since there is yet another thread running....

A few games ago the customer in front of me at the kiosk in the West Stand concourse ordered a bottle of cider.
I was aghast to see the young lad behind the counter trying to take off the bottle top WITH HIS THUMBS...! After struggling for a few moments, the guy he was serving said "You'll need a bottle opener won't you?". The lad didn't respond, he just kept trying in vain to prise off the top with his thumbs, until another server came over and handed him an opener.

I've seen some things, but that took the biscuit.
Even my 11-year-old daughter looked up at me in disbelief!

I'm sorry, but just how basic can the training be?!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 11, 2018, 05:01:27 pm by Dagenham Rover »
For me, it's specifically the standard of service from the West Stand concourse outlets that is the worst element. I've nothing but praise for the service in the Belle Vue Bar and on the couple of occasions I've experienced the East Stand Legends Lounge that too has been very good.

I wasn't going to bother mentioning this because nothing ever changes, but since there is yet another thread running....

A few games ago the customer in front of me at the kiosk in the West Stand concourse ordered a bottle of cider.
I was aghast to see the young lad behind the counter trying to take off the bottle top WITH HIS THUMBS...! After struggling for a few moments, the guy he was serving said "You'll need a bottle opener won't you?". The lad didn't respond, he just kept trying in vain to prise off the top with his thumbs, until another server came over and handed him an opener.

I've seen some things, but that took the biscuit.
Even my 11-year-old daughter looked up at me in disbelief!

I'm sorry, but just how basic can the training be?!

Should have used his teeth  ;)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012