Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:01:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Williams  (Read 13561 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Williams
« Reply #90 on January 13, 2018, 09:22:02 pm by DearneValleyRover »
So on one hand your saying he isn’t going to get any better, only worse but then on the other hand have said he’s got better over the course of the last 3 seasons.... why could he not improve again going into next season??
Because in your mid 30’s you don’t improve. If our budget allowed to keep him fine or if another role could become available but if we want to be a top of the table side he isn’t the answer in my opinion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on January 13, 2018, 09:26:59 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Agreed Hound, and Butler was unsurprisingly the MOTM winner. Two vital players to our team and willing them to be shipped off is crazy.

It isn’t willing it’s Father Time, all good things come to an end and it’s sad, I doubt anyone who feels the same as I would want either to be replaced if we could guarantee the same level of performance but reality is that it isn’t going to happen, every day it will get harder for those two to remain fit and cope with the aches and pains of being an athlete, sorry if it’s against the popular belief that nothing changes

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 13, 2018, 09:32:13 pm by drfchound »
Agreed Hound, and Butler was unsurprisingly the MOTM winner. Two vital players to our team and willing them to be shipped off is crazy.

It isn’t willing it’s Father Time, all good things come to an end and it’s sad, I doubt anyone who feels the same as I would want either to be replaced if we could guarantee the same level of performance but reality is that it isn’t going to happen, every day it will get harder for those two to remain fit and cope with the aches and pains of being an athlete, sorry if it’s against the popular belief that nothing changes

Agree that it can’t last forever but this season neither player has shown signs of lowering their standards.
They will both be good for another season in L1.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on January 13, 2018, 09:59:56 pm by RoversAlias »

Big difference between them showing that their level is declining and a couple of fans deciding that it will happen before it has. You can't argue that Butler is actually doing better than he was previously, and Coppinger is still performing at a consistent, high quality level and anyone saying he isn't as good as last season is either not watching him properly or has forgotten that we were in a lower division last year so he is bound to have a lower goals/assists ratio.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on January 13, 2018, 10:02:01 pm by 5minstogo »
Copps was at his brilliant best today. I'm still of the opinion this will be his last season however.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 13, 2018, 11:32:57 pm by ian1980 »
So on one hand your saying he isn’t going to get any better, only worse but then on the other hand have said he’s got better over the course of the last 3 seasons.... why could he not improve again going into next season??
Because in your mid 30’s you don’t improve. If our budget allowed to keep him fine or if another role could become available but if we want to be a top of the table side he isn’t the answer in my opinion.

You said further up the thread that he’s improved on last season, so that surely shows you can improve in your mid 30’s

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on January 14, 2018, 04:55:46 am by balbyrover »
Coppinger is just brilliant.  Simple as that.  He has been a cut above everybody else almost every season for the last 10 years or so now which is some achievement really,especially considering we have rose up the divisions.

Said it before and I'll say it again, it will be a incredibly sad day when he does decide to hang up his boots... but boy has he earned his rest.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on January 14, 2018, 09:59:06 am by RedJ »

Big difference between them showing that their level is declining and a couple of fans deciding that it will happen before it has. You can't argue that Butler is actually doing better than he was previously, and Coppinger is still performing at a consistent, high quality level and anyone saying he isn't as good as last season is either not watching him properly or has forgotten that we were in a lower division last year so he is bound to have a lower goals/assists ratio.

People have been writing him off for a few years now. Butler was also slated as not good enough for this division anymore before a ball had been kicked this season.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on January 14, 2018, 11:04:46 am by DearneValleyRover »

You said further up the thread that he’s improved on last season, so that surely shows you can improve in your mid 30’s

His level of performance has improved this season because in the previous two he was by his own standards poor also the players around him have improved. I’m giving my opinion only

TinyPortal © 2005-2012