Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:35:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rwanda policy  (Read 2847 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Rwanda policy
« Reply #30 on April 23, 2024, 11:55:39 pm by SydneyRover »
Let’s get the Aussies in they know how to stop boat people Aye!

must be getting your news from chip wrappers

''Northern communities rattled after Chinese boat arrivals walked into Australia's unfenced Truscott air base''

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-24/chinese-boat-arrivals-air-base-western-australia/103742276

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 24, 2024, 11:25:35 am by Sprotyrover »

''Northern communities rattled after Chinese boat arrivals walked into Australia's unfenced Truscott air base''

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-24/chinese-boat-arrivals-air-base-western-australia/103742276

Ha Syd you do struggle emwith irony!Aye

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 24, 2024, 11:31:55 am by Sprotyrover »
Anyone see the disgusting BBC coverage of the Mob of Thugs boarding that Rubbey Dinghy in France. There were at least 8\
/9 Armed with Staves fending the French Police off, half a mile out it got into trouble and 5 died including a small child, The entire bunch should have been Arrested Taken back to France The females and Children who are clearly vulnerable taken to safety and the rest detained interviewed and charges with Criminal offences , attempted Assault, carrying an offensive weapon, unlawful killing immediately spring to mind

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 24, 2024, 12:15:42 pm by SydneyRover »

why?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 24, 2024, 04:57:56 pm by tyke1962 »
This issue is weaponised by both the right and the left and both have contributed massively to the divisions it's created .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 24, 2024, 07:36:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
This issue is weaponised by both the right and the left and both have contributed massively to the divisions it's created .

So let me get this straight...when you oppose a deliberately contentious proposition that has never been put to the electorate, it's your fault that it's divisive. Have I got that right?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 24, 2024, 08:25:57 pm by tyke1962 »

So let me get this straight...when you oppose a deliberately contentious proposition that has never been put to the electorate, it's your fault that it's divisive. Have I got that right?

It's weaponised because the Right use it to blame all the country's problems on it .

The Left stick their fingers in their ears and won't acknowledge the problem  or call everyone a bigot .

It will cost the incoming Labour government votes if they don't get on top of it because the Right will be sure to fan the flames and benefit electorally .

A solution needs to be found , not Rwanda but neither is calling everyone a bigot who doesn't much care for it a solution either .

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 24, 2024, 08:31:38 pm by Iberian Red »

The Left stick their fingers in their ears and won't acknowledge the problem  or call everyone a bigot .

It will cost the incoming Labour government votes if they don't get on top of it because the Right will be sure to fan the flames and benefit electorally .

A solution needs to be found , not Rwanda but neither is calling everyone a bigot who doesn't much care for it a solution either .

There's nothing as predictable as stereotyping.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 24, 2024, 08:33:53 pm by River Don »
[quote auth
Anyone see the disgusting BBC coverage of the Mob of Thugs boarding that Rubbey Dinghy in France. There were at least 8\
/9 Armed with Staves fending the French Police off, half a mile out it got into trouble and 5 died including a small child, The entire bunch should have been Arrested Taken back to France The females and Children who are clearly vulnerable taken to safety and the rest detained interviewed and charges with Criminal offences , attempted Assault, carrying an offensive weapon, unlawful killing immediately spring to mind
or=Sprotyrover link=topic=290290.msg1309307#msg1309307 date=1713954715]
[/quote]

It was a large group of asylum seekers, including women and children.

The guys with batons were people smugglers trying to keep the police at bay to get the boat away. At least that's how the news report I saw described it.

Four men have been arrested in France today apparently.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 24, 2024, 08:42:44 pm by River Don »
Remarkly be some of the people who failed to stay on that overcrowded dingy were interviewed. All Vietnamese, they said they intended to try again despite having witnessed the obvious danger.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 24, 2024, 08:44:25 pm by drfchound »
It will be very interesting to see how the incoming government resolve the boats problem.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 24, 2024, 08:50:34 pm by River Don »
The other interesting thing was the Vietnamese guys didn't have any family links to the UK.

They wanted to get here because they knew people who had made it, were able to find work and even send money home. This was the draw.

It matches my own experience. I stayed for a short while in a rented house with a group of Brazilians. They knew a lad who shouldn't have been here but he was getting work cleaning hotels and delivering fast food. That was the reason he was desperate to stay.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 24, 2024, 08:57:52 pm by Iberian Red »
It will be very interesting to see how the incoming government resolve the boats problem.

Indeed.
Any opion about the current government doing f**k all about it apart from the Rwanda policy?
At least we took back control.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on April 24, 2024, 09:11:11 pm by ravenrover »
So Rich-ie says they will now know that if they reach the UK they will not be allowed to stay.
Remind me how many cross each week and how many places we have in Rwanda to send them to

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 24, 2024, 09:17:20 pm by drfchound »

Indeed.
Any opion about the current government doing f**k all about it apart from the Rwanda policy?

I’m not sure what an opion  is but to answer you question, haven’t we sent many millions of pounds to the French to get them to stop the boats being launched.
What do you think they could have done additionally?
As for your last sentence, I didn’t vote in favour of Brexit so I don’t think you should be addressing that to me.
And, what do you think that Labour (my new team mates) will do to stop the boats.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 24, 2024, 09:21:44 pm by Iberian Red »

Indeed.

I’m not sure what an opion  is but to answer you question, haven’t we sent many millions of pounds to the French to get them to stop the boats being launched.
As for your last sentence, I didn’t vote in favour of Brexit so I don’t think you should be addressing that to me.
And, what do you think that Labour (my new team mates) will do to stop the boats.

Opion is a typo.
Not sure what you question is.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 24, 2024, 09:24:12 pm by drfchound »

Indeed.

Opion is a typo.

I knew you wouldn’t respond properly.
The questions are very clear, even to you.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 24, 2024, 09:29:58 pm by Iberian Red »

Indeed.

Opion is a typo.

You look more than a bit of a foolish Kitson when you pock me up on a typo and then do exactly the same yourself.
Also,your questions aren't worth responding to as they are worthless.
I don't think your new team mates will consider you as much of a mate.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 24, 2024, 09:35:31 pm by drfchound »

Indeed.

Opion is a typo.

You look more than a bit of a foolish Kitson when you pock me up on a typo and then do exactly the same yourself.
Also,your questions aren't worth responding to as they are worthless.
I don't think your new team mates will consider you as much of a mate.

“Pock me up”  :lol:
So effectively, you have nothing to offer to the thread other than to resume your offensive posts towards me.
No worries, if it makes you happy then that’s ok by me.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 24, 2024, 09:46:20 pm by Iberian Red »
Nevermind the thread, you have nothing to offer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 24, 2024, 09:47:21 pm by drfchound »
 :byebye:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 24, 2024, 10:36:21 pm by scawsby steve »
Nevermind the thread, you have nothing to offer.

A lot of people in the South Stand would disagree with that.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 25, 2024, 12:00:53 am by SydneyRover »

why?

bump

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 25, 2024, 10:50:17 am by roverstillidie91 »

It's weaponised because the Right use it to blame all the country's problems on it .

It is a distraction technique on the real issues that are going on.

i.e. cost of living, mass privatisation, special economic zones, freeports, protest bill etc

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 25, 2024, 01:22:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If Sunak was really interested in cutting immigration, he could just not issue so many visas. The vast majority of immigrants are legal.

The vast majority of "immigrants" last year were Ukrainian refugees and feeling paying students.

If we want to send women and kids back to Putin's War, and tell foreigners who pay us £30bn a year to be educated here, let's at least be upfront about it.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 25, 2024, 02:56:06 pm by danumdon »
You could say its surprising that no one has mentioned the French and their actions/responsibilities to what in effect has concluded with this government producing this divisive policy.

If you agree with the French a policy to attempt to deal with this issue and then pay them approx 1/2 a billion to intact it would you be wrong in wanting answers as to just WTF they are doing for the outlay?

I know many on here would disagree but would the simple action of the French preventing the boat activity not act as a dampener on these "refugees" from congregating on the northern French coast in the first place and break the traffickers business model?

We all understand that worldwide requirements for referee status are increasing exponentially but this is not the way to deal with it.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 25, 2024, 04:09:09 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I hope you don't work in a profession in which you have to write in English, DD.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 25, 2024, 07:47:57 pm by danumdon »
I hope you don't work in a profession in which you have to write in English, DD.

Fair enough, crap grammar and predictive text can do this.

So no comment on the actual substance of the post?

What actually was your point?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 25, 2024, 10:07:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
f**k me.

https://twitter.com/StephSpyro/status/1783585417243107626

Get them out and get in a Government with a tiny pinch of basic competence.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 25, 2024, 10:41:47 pm by Sprotyrover »
f**k me.

https://twitter.com/StephSpyro/status/1783585417243107626

Get them out and get in a Government with a tiny pinch of basic competence.
Well tan was confusing, he was saying that The DRC is at War with Rwanda, So how is Rwanda a safe Country to send Refugees from the DRC to ?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012