Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:44:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Theo to Scunthorpe on loan  (Read 15821 times)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Theo to.............
« Reply #30 on March 26, 2015, 08:17:00 pm by Move DRFC »
Lets hope Rotherham don't screw us now and recall Clarke Harris, it seems a silly move to me whilever Clark Harris can be recalled. We can't have Theo back now for at least 28 days

You feeling alright brother? Have you watched Theo this season? Awful footballer, should be playing no higher than Conference north/south

Lovely thanks, you need to seek help with your stalking.

I'm fully aware of Theo.'s ability's bu now we will have left ourselves short up top should Evans activate the recall after 28 days of Clarke harris's loan

Simple chief. If Evans activates the clause then we activate Theo's. Not difficult

Why would we recall a player you dont rate? Just for the sake of it?

I wouldn't. Never said i would, just saying we could. But as dickos1 says maybe we can't straight away. Would rather have Pete Price up top than Theo

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on March 26, 2015, 08:20:52 pm by the vicar »

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on March 26, 2015, 08:32:46 pm by bobbymax »
Main and Tyson can both play as a lone striker so we would probably revert to the standard 4-5-1 in case of emergency. I suspect Theo already knows he'll be released in the summer so this is the fairest option all round.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on March 26, 2015, 08:33:34 pm by Filo »
Lets hope Rotherham don't screw us now and recall Clarke Harris, it seems a silly move to me whilever Clark Harris can be recalled. We can't have Theo back now for at least 28 days

You feeling alright brother? Have you watched Theo this season? Awful footballer, should be playing no higher than Conference north/south

Lovely thanks, you need to seek help with your stalking.

I'm fully aware of Theo.'s ability's bu now we will have left ourselves short up top should Evans activate the recall after 28 days of Clarke harris's loan

Simple chief. If Evans activates the clause then we activate Theo's. Not difficult

Only Clark Harris is two or three weeks into his loan, meaning we would have to wait until twenty eight days had expired if Rotherham recalled at the 28 day mark of Clarke Harris's loan, so it's not that simple is my old flower? ;)

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 26, 2015, 08:46:00 pm by Move DRFC »
Cheers for that 'Filo', but i was stood corrected by dickos1.

Nevertheless if Tyson Main & JCH were all beheaded by jihadhi john i still wouldn't consider recalling theo

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 26, 2015, 08:50:12 pm by Filo »
Cheers for that 'Filo', but i was stood corrected by dickos1.

Nevertheless if Tyson Main & JCH were all beheaded by jihadhi john i still wouldn't consider recalling theo

No problem, stick to the simple stuff, leave the complicated stuff to the misters eh? ;)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 26, 2015, 10:03:09 pm by The Red Baron »
Question is, would you recall a bloke who you've probably told he has no future at the club? Particularly when an opportunity has arisen for him to make an impression on a club that might employ him next season? I'm not sure I would.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 26, 2015, 11:26:35 pm by Askern_reds »
well iff we avnt put a clause in the contract  says he can't play against us then you can kiss goodbye to 3 points against scunny I'll av a wager with anyone on here he scores the winner, anyone want a bet

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on March 26, 2015, 11:37:11 pm by BobG »
Oh DO grow up Askern ffs!

BobG

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on March 26, 2015, 11:39:58 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Like someone else mentioned previously, it would seem that he has been told he won't get another contract, but we thought the same with Kyle Bennett that he wouldn't come back, he did and came back better for the loan.
Theo has not all of a sudden become a bad player, his starts have been hit and miss, he has never had the feeling that Dickov rates him that highly in my opinion going by the starts he has had.

When he first joined us he had a run of scoring in a few games, then the manager starting switching his position, playing him wide right in some games, when you look at an overall scoring record this isn't mentioned, just a blank next to his name.
Among our fans Cotterill was written off, he was criticised in our promotion season he set most of our goals up but he was rubbish, when we got in the championship, he wasn't rated good enough, i think he has proved conclusively that he is.

Theo just like any striker needs a run of games, good chances, rub of the green and most importantly the confidence of the manager.
Paul Dickov's job is to make tough decisions for the good of the team, he may be right, but for me Theo is a useful player to have in your squad
Maybe he will do better at Scunthorpe, every striker we have has had criticism over the season.
He is the same standard as the strikers we have, but may be Paul wants to improve on what he has, he is the manager.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 26, 2015, 11:43:34 pm by Askern_reds »
ever watched Mrs Browns boys Bob g THATS NICE

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 26, 2015, 11:45:10 pm by BobG »
Regularly Askern. Regularly. And it's a lot more fun than reading about your juvenile fantasy world.

BobG
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 11:47:25 pm by BobG »

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on March 26, 2015, 11:48:23 pm by Askern_reds »
wel lets see what happens then,

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 26, 2015, 11:53:46 pm by The Red Baron »
well iff we avnt put a clause in the contract  says he can't play against us then you can kiss goodbye to 3 points against scunny I'll av a wager with anyone on here he scores the winner, anyone want a bet

I may be wrong, but I think there is a rule now that you can't play against your parent club.

Askern_reds

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 27, 2015, 12:01:16 am by Askern_reds »
Hope so because it's not just me that's seen it hapen ,time and time again were an old boy comes back to haunt you as the saying goes theres f**k all wrong with robo think many on here slating main of not so long ago might be wrong?

Capital Steez

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 27, 2015, 12:16:39 am by Capital Steez »
I would hope Dickov told scunny Robinson has to start v us.
Guaranteed clean sheet

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 27, 2015, 12:22:13 am by Sammy Chung was King »
The rumour on Scunny sit was they were getting a big and nasty 6ft 2in striker, doesn't really describe Theo!.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on March 27, 2015, 02:00:34 am by hoolahoop »
Right now we've all slagged off the lad , who is the next victim. Is there any wonder the lad never had any confidence , jeez why do we do this or better still why do we feel the need to do this to a fellow human being ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on March 27, 2015, 06:35:16 am by GazLaz »
The abuse this lad gets is disgusting. He's a nice lad that try's his best. He's had a poor season but we shouldn't abuse him.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on March 27, 2015, 06:55:46 am by Nudga »
Let's hope the abuse of players isn't in The Black Bank manifesto.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on March 27, 2015, 07:04:12 am by roversdude »
When he has started the work the lad has put in is second to none, granted its not worked out in front of goal - and it has definately not worked out as a sub but cant understand all the ill feeling towards him
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 07:10:34 am by roversdude »

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on March 27, 2015, 07:06:00 am by coventryrover »
The abuse this lad gets is disgusting. He's a nice lad that try's his best. He's had a poor season but we shouldn't abuse him.

Utterly agree.  It's amazing how we treat one of our own.  Smacks of Lewis guy all over again.  People always seem to need a scapegoat..I dispare

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on March 27, 2015, 07:14:52 am by Scooter »
I don't think Theo was the same after his penalty miss at Fulham

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on March 27, 2015, 07:27:55 am by dickos1 »
He was decent last year goals against Wigan and Blackburn, and then we signed sharp, Robinson not been same since.

RJHeader

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 27, 2015, 07:50:28 am by RJHeader »
You dont get goals for being a nice lad. Ghandi was a nice lad. Doesnt mean i want him anywhere near the DRFC squad list.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 27, 2015, 10:31:49 am by silent majority »
He was decent last year goals against Wigan and Blackburn, and then we signed sharp, Robinson not been same since.

And the goal he scored against QPR, real quality.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on March 27, 2015, 10:37:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Utterly agree.  It's amazing how we treat one of our own.  Smacks of Lewis guy all over again.  People always seem to need a scapegoat..I dispare

True. But then Guy was a cheating Kitson with a heart like a pea.

Robinson's record and his first 4 months wit us show that he's a decent player and an honest hard-worker with a perfectly respectable scoring record.

He's been totally out of form for months which is a mystery, and the last couple of times I've seen him I've felt sorry for the lad because he looks to have lost it to the point that it's embarrassing for him. But none of that excuses the vitriol from some of the bell ends on here. I really don't understand what they get out of it, other than transferring their own inadequacies onto someone else.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 10:40:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »

casperjebba

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 27, 2015, 11:18:18 am by casperjebba »

True. But then Guy was a cheating Kitson with a heart like a pea.

Robinson's record and his first 4 months wit us show that he's a decent player and an honest hard-worker with a perfectly respectable scoring record.

He's been totally out of form for months which is a mystery, and the last couple of times I've seen him I've felt sorry for the lad because he looks to have lost it to the point that it's embarrassing for him. But none of that excuses the vitriol from some of the bell ends on here. I really don't understand what they get out of it, other than transferring their own inadequacies onto someone else.

I just struggle to sympathise with a guy who works 3 or 4 hours a day, takes home somewhere around 5 or 6 times more pay than me (probably more), and is crap at his job.

That's how I tend to justify my criticisms of him, no matter how nice he might be...

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on March 27, 2015, 11:40:22 am by drfc1951 »
Would people abuse him to his face, I doubt it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on March 27, 2015, 01:33:55 pm by The Red Baron »

I didn't see the games but I thought he did a reasonable job as a lone striker when Tyson was injured and Main had no form or confidence. Thinking of Swindon away in particular. He also had the balls to take and score a pen.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012