Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:01:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR on RS this morning re players  (Read 5857 times)

ctay

• Forum Member
Re: JR on RS this morning re players
« Reply #30 on May 18, 2011, 07:23:08 am by ctay »
Hasnt Maynard been linked with a 5m move to Norwich?!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 18, 2011, 07:26:58 am by mushRTID »
Why would Maynard come here? Even if we could afford him.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 18, 2011, 11:21:35 am by silent majority »
Quote from: \"benaldo\" post=157073
LeFondre has been knocking them in this season for fun. Also, how about Kilgallon? He's miles better than any centre back we've got...but not worth 2 million quid! A fit Nicky Maynard would be a half decent replacement for Sharp if he went for good money.
Other than that, perhaps 6 good players. I doubt that's what Rovers will end up with though due to a tight budget. It's such a shame that greedy footballers have ruined football with their stupid wage demands or else most players in the championship would probably give Rovers a look - for the way SOD tries to get the team to play and develops players (well, some of them). Bloody FIFA!! I can't wait until Platini gets in and then introduces a wages cap system.

Its got nothing to do with FIFA, clubs are run under UEFA legislation in this country.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 18, 2011, 12:21:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I doubt we could afford the wages of some players but out of contract, Kilkenny, Tyson, Burke, Mirfin and then players from the relegated sides, St.Ledger, Jones, Brown, Garner and Williamson.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 18, 2011, 12:28:25 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"DearneValleyRover\" post=157215
I doubt we could afford the wages of some players but out of contract, Kilkenny, Tyson, Burke, Mirfin and then players from the relegated sides, St.Ledger, Jones, Brown, Garner and Williamson.

We could do with him as our enforcer...........''if you don't work hard enough I'll bite your ears off.'' :)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012