Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 10:14:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JET  (Read 3672 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
JET
« on May 17, 2011, 08:02:59 pm by andysly »
Seems as poor as Mills looks good.
Appears overweight and cumbersome !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: JET
« Reply #1 on May 17, 2011, 08:04:10 pm by mushRTID »
Should have come back here for the season.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 17, 2011, 08:04:24 pm by southwestexile »
hat-trick around the corner?

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 17, 2011, 08:06:04 pm by andysly »
And now replaced. Didn't look any good in first leg either. Maybe we could get him back for SoD to work on, he's no where near Arsenal standard on this form.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 17, 2011, 08:08:09 pm by Akinfenwa »
Jay is wasted at Cardiff. Really rated him here last season.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 17, 2011, 08:10:54 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Looks totally off tempo - thats why Arsenal are always second best !

To enhance his football education he should have come here but no doubt cardiff could sort things financially!

He has spent most of time on bench!

Quote from: \"Akinfenwa\" post=157100
Jay is wasted at Cardiff. Really rated him here last season.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 17, 2011, 08:11:43 pm by mushRTID »
Would have played every game here, total waste of an important season for him.

Kenny_Senior

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 17, 2011, 08:17:53 pm by Kenny_Senior »
Cardiff fans jeered him all night so it shows what their opinion of him is.

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on May 17, 2011, 08:19:58 pm by VikingJames »
To be fair, they're playing him on the wing. And he was shit on the wing for us.

Play him up front = goal machine!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 17, 2011, 08:23:39 pm by andysly »
Goal machine !

Wouldn't go that far. He had times with us when he looked lazy and disinterested but he just looked a poor player tonight. First touch awful and decisions with ball worse.

opinionated old git

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 17, 2011, 08:25:30 pm by opinionated old git »
Did a good job for us because he provided that bit of unpredictability that we lack but his deficiencies were there for everyone to see at rovers.

Has potential but clearly not improved at all this year.

As for him being \"quality\" that's just laughable!

VikingJames

« Reply #11 on May 17, 2011, 08:31:13 pm by VikingJames »
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=157109
Goal machine !

Wouldn't go that far. He had times with us when he looked lazy and disinterested but he just looked a poor player tonight. First touch awful and decisions with ball worse.

5 in 12 starts, most of which were from midfield.

I'd settle for that strike rate from any of our current midfielders over a season!

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 17, 2011, 08:31:42 pm by andysly »
I may be bitter but am enjoying Cardiff's demise tonight I always considered it wrong for a club in such a poor financial state to be signing players we could only dream of affording. Same applies to Portsmouth.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 17, 2011, 08:34:58 pm by andysly »
Quote from: \"VikingJames\" post=157114
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=157109
Goal machine !

5 in 12 starts, most of which were from midfield.

I'd settle for that strike rate from any of our current midfielders over a season!

Fair enough. Thought he'd played more than that. Certainly wouldve been useful to have had another 5 goals since 1st January.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 17, 2011, 08:39:58 pm by RobTheRover »
Quote from: \"andysly\" post=157115
I may be bitter but am enjoying Cardiff's demise tonight I always considered it wrong for a club in such a poor financial state to be signing players we could only dream of affording. Same applies to Portsmouth.

I'll tell you what, Andy.  I bet a well-loved chairman who lives in Cheshire will be grinning like a local cat tonight.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 17, 2011, 08:43:13 pm by Filo »
Got to agree with most on here JET looked poor tonight, he looked like he`s still got that lazy disinterested attitude, on that showing he`ll never make it at Arsenal

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 17, 2011, 08:44:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Swansea fans will be loving this. Not sure whether Cardiff will be a safe place tonight.

What of Bothroyd, Bellamy and Whittingham now ? We'll see how much Bellamy loves his home town club.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 17, 2011, 08:52:19 pm by RobTheRover »
What about the cardiff fans throwing their free flags onto the pitch and at their own players?

Actually its hard to lob a flag any distance with a big fat titty lip on.

(apologies to our resident half-bluebird, Muff Licker)

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 17, 2011, 10:29:54 pm by Viking Don »
The two best sides got through I think, and I now hope Swansea go on to the premier league. Can't feel sorry for Cardiff I'm afraid after being skint and about to lose all their top players suddenly everything is fine and Bellamy signs (and scores 1 and makes 1 against us in his first game). Ha bloody ha. Feel a bit for Forest as they haven't bust-a-budget, but hell, f**k the scabs.

JET nowhere near good enough for the premier league I'm afraid and a very bad loan move for him. Would welcome him back here for next season on a perm deal though!

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 18, 2011, 05:07:44 am by coventryrover »
Agreed.  Not good enough for the prem  (and for us)

JET showed that he is not prepared to put the effort in on such an important match, not that promising really and doesnt forbode well for his future at Arsenal.  Yes he wasnt in his most effective position but you do what the manager tells you to, not mope.

I saw evidence of this at his spell with us.  Yes he scored a couple of goals but I wasnt that impressed by most of his play or his attitude.  Glad we didnt get him back, rather have Mason.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 18, 2011, 07:05:29 am by AbsolutDRFC »
SOD aside, I think the top 2 and the 2 teams in the final all have 1 thing in common...

Fantastic managers, who (with a slight exception on Warnock) all play the game the right way.
Lambert, Rodgers and McDermott all are decent, relatively quiet managers who keep it simple and don't hog the limelight.

Whereas Dave Jones and Billy Davies have relied on a lot more resources and when the going got tough, they were nowhere.
Never really been impressed with the pair of them and wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Di Matteo take one of those 2 jobs in the summer.

I would love to know the Swansea and Reading wage bills (particularly Swansea), as they must run relatively tight ships.

herouk87

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 18, 2011, 07:09:48 am by herouk87 »
Whilst we're talking about Cardiff...why on Earth is Bywater allowed anywhere near a football pitch. Completely useless

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 18, 2011, 07:21:10 am by ctay »
Agreed, did somebody chuck a pair of gloves to the lad and say have a go at this?!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 18, 2011, 07:39:56 am by Wellred »
Whats all this rubbish about Cardiff and their financial problems?
Did I miss it when they went into administration or something?
No unlike some clubs just up the M1 for instance, they sorted themselves out.
Whats wrong with that? Every club is in debt some more than others it's how you sort the debt out that matters. Any club going into administration should automatically be dropped down a division.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 18, 2011, 08:24:47 am by wilts rover »
Wellred, I think the concern is that Cardiff have not sorted their financial problems out, instead they 'speculated to invest' failed and increased that debt. And there is only one predictable outcome to that. I dont know how accurate this is, but I suppose time will tell.
Forest and Swansea are interesting cases to. Apparently although Swansea play in a council owned stadium as we do, they dont pay any rent. And they benfit from income gained at the stadium. Thus gaining them a huge advantage over us in how they are financed.
Forest have spent millions over the past two or three years to try and achive promotion. They have more strikers than we have players. Their wage bill is double ours and this has all been financed by the chairman (who takes £1m per year from the club for his trouble). But unlike our directors the money put into Forest is all repayable loans, the club owe him something like £60m at the moment - plenty of info on the net about it.

And whilst I am on my high horse - any club going into administration should be kicked out of the league, its a quick 'get out clause' that takes people's livelihoods away and lets the club get back on track, often stronger, Leeds, Southampton, with no consequences.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 18, 2011, 10:45:13 am by Akinfenwa »
Cardiff got taken over by Malaysians last summer and the main bloke is worth £800m apparently.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 18, 2011, 12:50:29 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes, I dont think their finances are too far off kilter any more (assuming Mr Malaysia is prepared to stump up).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012