Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:37:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ken Loach Speaks Out  (Read 5916 times)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
Ken Loach Speaks Out
« on September 23, 2021, 06:30:03 pm by tyke1962 »
Well said that man .

Fuq you Keith .

https://youtu.be/PVP6PlX_UUA

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Ken Loach Speaks Out
« Reply #1 on September 23, 2021, 07:39:43 pm by scawsby steve »
Well said that man .

Fuq you Keith .

I love some of the comments on the piece. "The Guardian and the centre Labour Party have a lot to answer for".

That won't be going down well in Australia right now.

Is anyone still delusional enough to think that Labour can win the next GE with Starmer as leader?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 23, 2021, 08:17:29 pm by tyke1962 »
Well said that man .

Fuq you Keith .

I love some of the comments on the piece. "The Guardian and the centre Labour Party have a lot to answer for".

Is anyone still delusional enough to think that Labour can win the next GE with Starmer as leader?

Well if they do it will be minus my vote .

Interesting Conference ahead for Keith with his latest power grab proposal .

Blair's clause 1V  moment except he ain't Blair .

Mind you he's banned from attending a good number from the conference who are likely to oppose his proposal .

At least there won't be any left wing fingerprints all over the next Labour election tonking .

You'll have to own this one Keith all though you owned the last one too in reality .

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 23, 2021, 08:35:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Ken Loach. Such a committed Labour party member that he literally founded another party 8 years ago. Before which he had been in bed with the "so far off to the left, he's turned up on the far right" would-be demagogue, Galloway.

Fascinating who we are expected to take lessons from about "uniting the party".

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 23, 2021, 08:45:51 pm by tyke1962 »
Ken Loach. Such a committed Labour party member that he literally founded another party 8 years ago. Before which he had been in bed with the "so far off to the left, he's turned up on the far right" would-be demagogue, Galloway.

Fascinating who we are expected to take lessons from about "uniting the party".

Well it's fascinating to watch Keith who was elected on a " unite the party ticket " continuing to wage war within his own ranks .

It's possibly escaped him due to his focus forever inward that the Tories are gearing up for an election in the non too distant future .

It might be an idea to start focussing on that rather than who his replacement will be when the Tories hammer him at said forthcoming GE .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 23, 2021, 09:01:06 pm by SydneyRover »
Well said that man .

Fuq you Keith .

It's sad aye, another solid labour man undermining the present leadership as he stands on the beach trying to stop the tide.

I have a lot of respect for labour, their history their heroes, but if you can't read the writing on the wall,

A question Steve, reflecting on the absolute thrashing labour has just received how is a left wing party going to win over a public that is turning right?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 23, 2021, 09:04:00 pm by SydneyRover »
Well said that man .

Fuq you Keith .

Mind you he's banned from attending a good number from the conference who are likely to oppose his proposal .

At least there won't be any left wing fingerprints all over the next Labour election tonking .

You'll have to own this one Keith all though you owned the last one too in reality .

You have been notable by your absence Tyke, not because Starmer has lifted the polls a bit I hope, you could try answering my question to Steve, I have asked you that before but you ignore it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 23, 2021, 09:10:46 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Fascinating how so many on the Left are so cock sure that the Tories will romp the next election. Meanwhile, the Tory lead in the polls has shrivelled from 10% to 3% in 3 months. And an election is at least 2 years away.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 23, 2021, 09:37:43 pm by tyke1962 »
Well said that man .

Fuq you Keith .

You have been notable by your absence Tyke, not because Starmer has lifted the polls a bit I hope, you could try answering my question to Steve, I have asked you that before but you ignore it.

The country has turned to the right culturally Sydney not economically .

I see no evidence that Labour have any intention of the nationalisation of energy , railways or any number of failing neoliberal industries which were stolen off the UK taxpayer in the 80's and 90's .

I've seen no evidence of ending the privatisation of the NHS either which started under the centre right of the Labour Party .

I've seen no evidence of partnerships with the trade unions and workers given a voice again .

All I've seen is a 12k word statement Keith put out yesterday and partnerships with business .

A Tory could have wrote it and nobody would know .

Just let me remind you that since this charlatan became leader 150k plus members have left or have been kicked out of the Labour Party and the Trade Unions are pulling away from them .

The party is no longer the broad church it claims it is .

That's fine , the direction of travel is now owned in full by the centre right of the party and election day will be judgement day too .

This will be your lots third go including 2010 to win an election and you've failed every time and your vote shares dropped every time since 1997 .

The best result was 2017 under a centre left leader as weak as he was and warts n all .

Which part of economically to the left don't the Labour centre right  understand  ?

I'll give you a tip free of charge , don't go sucking up to Murdoch and The Sun this time it won't happen .

You'll own the tonking  at the next GE alright the same as you did twice previously .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 23, 2021, 09:40:59 pm by SydneyRover »
Again you haven't answered the question Tyke, it's the most important one you'll face right up to the next election, if you can't answer it now when will you ever be able to.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 23, 2021, 09:41:26 pm by tyke1962 »
Fascinating how so many on the Left are so cock sure that the Tories will romp the next election. Meanwhile, the Tory lead in the polls has shrivelled from 10% to 3% in 3 months. And an election is at least 2 years away.

£100 to charity for the loser .

Starmer will not win the next election .

Deal ...... ???

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 23, 2021, 09:44:20 pm by SydneyRover »
Come on Tyke stop with the look over there shit and answer a straight question.

Again you haven't answered the question Tyke, it's the most important one you'll face right up to the next election, if you can't answer it now when will you ever be able to.
Modify message

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 23, 2021, 09:47:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No I'm not going to bet on it Tyke. Because I think he will lose. Because people like you, at the end of all the arguments, would rather see the country run by Johnson and Gove and Patel and Rees-Mogg, than vote Labour.

That's the problem in a nutshell.

PS. Centre-Left? Corbyn? Give me strength. Did you ever go out canvassing for Labour and listen to what folk thought of him? Do you realise why Starmer has to put water between himself and such a toxic legacy?

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 23, 2021, 09:49:42 pm by tyke1962 »

I've answered it Sydney , what part of culturally to the right and economically to the left is so difficult for you to see .

Your not going to win from the centre , trust me you aren't .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 23, 2021, 09:56:02 pm by SydneyRover »
A reminder, the question is how are you going to turn the country to the far left and win an election. I would have voted for JC and others arguing a similar line would but plenty on here would not and in the world out there they have shown writ large that they are not interested either.

Q/ How are you going to win power without the centre.

A/ you don't know

there I said it for you.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 23, 2021, 09:56:50 pm by tyke1962 »
No I'm not going to bet on it Tyke. Because I think he will lose. Because people like you, at the end of all the arguments, would rather see the country run by Johnson and Gove and Patel and Rees-Mogg, than vote Labour.

PS. Centre-Left? Corbyn? Give me strength. Did you ever go out canvassing for Labour and listen to what folk thought of him? Do you realise why Starmer has to put water between himself and such a toxic legacy?

My days of handing a blank cheque to the centre right of the Labour Party are long gone .

The most despicable bunch of charlatans I've ever come across .

The Tories are the Tories but at least they don't plot against their leader to ensure he or she doesn't win an election

You want my support , your having a laff fella .

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 23, 2021, 10:04:31 pm by tyke1962 »
A reminder, the question is how are you going to turn the country to the far left and win an election. I would have voted for JC and others arguing a similar line would but plenty on here would not and in the world out there they have shown writ large that they are not interested either.

A/ you don't know

there I said it for you.

I never said far left Sydney you did fella .

I said economically to the left , do keep up .

Economically to the left is handing power back to the electorate and not the neoliberal elite .

The policies in 2017 were fine with the electorate although the leader wasn't .

Problem is the centre right of the Labour Party is every bit as complicit in protecting the interests of super capitalism which creates inequality .

Either that or they are a bunch of yellow bellied shytebags who daren't stand up so they sell out .

Probably both .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 23, 2021, 10:04:43 pm by SydneyRover »

My days of handing a blank cheque to the centre right of the Labour Party are long gone .

The most despicable bunch of charlatans I've ever come across .

The Tories are the Tories but at least they don't plot against their leader to ensure he or she doesn't win an election

You want my support , your having a laff fella .

You don't get it do you, you don't have any power to give, power is government, you have failed miserably, you have manufactured the biggest pasting handed out in decades and you want to blame everyone else for the that failure. The biggest failure for 90 odd years.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 23, 2021, 10:06:57 pm by SydneyRover »

A/ you don't know

there I said it for you.

Economically to the left is handing power back to the electorate and not the neoliberal elite .

Problem is the centre right of the Labour Party is every bit as complicit in protecting the interests of super capitalism which creates inequality .

Either that or they are a bunch of yellow bellied shytebags who daren't stand up so they sell out .

Probably both .

Look over there, that's all I keep reading from you Tyke, the question is simple and I have answered it for you because you can't.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 23, 2021, 10:20:19 pm by River Don »
Well said that man .

Fuq you Keith .

The country has turned to the right culturally Sydney not economically .

I see no evidence that Labour have any intention of the nationalisation of energy , railways or any number of failing neoliberal industries which were stolen off the UK taxpayer in the 80's and 90's .

I've seen no evidence of ending the privatisation of the NHS either which started under the centre right of the Labour Party .

I've seen no evidence of partnerships with the trade unions and workers given a voice again .

All I've seen is a 12k word statement Keith put out yesterday and partnerships with business .

A Tory could have wrote it and nobody would know .

Just let me remind you that since this charlatan became leader 150k plus members have left or have been kicked out of the Labour Party and the Trade Unions are pulling away from them .

The party is no longer the broad church it claims it is .

That's fine , the direction of travel is now owned in full by the centre right of the party and election day will be judgement day too .

This will be your lots third go including 2010 to win an election and you've failed every time and your vote shares dropped every time since 1997 .

The best result was 2017 under a centre left leader as weak as he was and warts n all .

Which part of economically to the left don't the Labour centre right  understand  ?

I'll give you a tip free of charge , don't go sucking up to Murdoch and The Sun this time it won't happen .

You'll own the tonking  at the next GE alright the same as you did twice previously .

If there is was ever a time to make the case for renationalising energy it is now.

As one after the other of these marketing companies masquerading as energy utilities collapse. The true nature of this fake market is revealing itself as the government is inevitably forced to push people back on to the likes of British Gas.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 23, 2021, 10:38:28 pm by tyke1962 »

A/ you don't know

there I said it for you.

Probably both .

Look over there, that's all I keep reading from you Tyke, the question is simple and I have answered it for you because you can't.

I've answered it Sydney but it clearly isn't what you want to hear because it conflicts with your own take .

It's not 1997 and that ship sailed but you lot insist the way back to power is to turn the clock backwards .

I'd have said maybe even a year ago that Starmer was the acceptable face of a left  economically leaning party post brexit .

That ship has also sailed with the way he's purged the left and positioned himself and the party towards soft Toryism .

That's one band that didn't need to reform .

You got Corbyn because of New Labour .

Do you think that just happened out of thin air ?

Clearly there's compromise to be had but no .

No Mandelson has seen to that and nobody is going to be fooled by a Blair tribute act .

You haven't the votes to pull this shyte off .

Neither have the left but I ain't hanging my hat on this mug in charge of the party who wants the likes of me out .

I'm out because I'm not wanted , I'm out because I want this country to change not be a puppet to neoliberalism .

Even if you got in government the foodbanks wouldn't go , the inequality would widen , the workers would remain powerless and the NHS privatisation would go on .

There's no point to you .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 24, 2021, 12:15:20 am by SydneyRover »
For someone constantly moaning about being on the receiving end of insults you sure know how to hand em' out tyke. Steve you can have a go too if you wish.

I'll leave a blank space where you can clearly and concisely answer my question without all the attached histrionics, please humour me as I find it difficult to separate out.

Try not to include all the complaints in the world and where you think I or anyone else stands politically or any other diversions, please just stick to facts.

Here you go:

Now we have that done it should be a clear race to the line.

Just think on, if you can answer this and your plan is reasonable you might get support from other factions.

thank you for your cooperation.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 24, 2021, 09:53:00 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I went down the ‘hard left’ route in the 80’s. Spent more time arguing with the centre of the Labour Party than I did with Tories. Then I was surprised when we lost election after election?

Unfortunately a left wing Labour Party will never achieve power. The majority of the country don’t want it. In the 80’s I had to accept it and the party had to accept it, whether we liked it or not.

The electorate will only put Labour in power when it stops arguing with itself.

We should learn from history.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 10:13:43 am by Herbert Anchovy »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 24, 2021, 10:05:01 am by SydneyRover »
Totally agree HA, disunity is death, we now have a problem where unfortunately the left has lost two elections and although they admit that because of the absolute capitulation last time they want another two goes to try and get back in otherwise they'll take their bat and ball and go home. And they are so angry that the new democratically elected leader wants to oust those in the fifth column.

What's more they cannot tell us how they are going to do it without whining and crying and blaming everyone else for the disaster they have brought about.

If they could put a credible plan on the table maybe they would start to get people to listen.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 24, 2021, 11:20:36 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The problem the Left has is that they genuinely don't get how detested Corbyn was outside their circle. He hit -60% net approval ratings in the2019 election. That's unprecedented. And person after person in Labour constituencies when I was campaigning said they were lifelong Labour supporters "but I won't vote for him".

So when Labour has an inquiry into anti-Semitism and when the report is published, Corbyn immediately goes public saying it's a witch hunt run by his enemies in the party, what the f**k is Starmer supposed to do.? When Rayner stupidly retweets an antisemitic tweet, what is Starmer supposed to do?.

But as ever with the Left, it's always someone else to blame. Always they being betrayed.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 24, 2021, 11:29:03 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The problem I see with labour a lot of the time and their supporters is an inability to listen to those who hold a different view. The answer is always that those who don't vote labour are the problem or wrong not labour itself and that only leads to more failure for them as there seems to be a failure to understand that they need these votes to win.

They cannot win on a platform many labour supporters want and that's a problem the party just may not be able to overcome.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 24, 2021, 11:44:37 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BFYP
I strongly disagree with that last sentence. Labour's domestic policies for years have been very popular in polls. So popular that the Tories have stolen many of them, after denouncing them as Marxist in elections. I do agree with your other point though. The Left is regularly astonished that having popular policies which would be good for the mass of the population, doesn't automatically lead to electoral success. The key problem that they had under Corbyn was an inability to see what was blindingly obvious to people on the outside. Corbyn came across as someone who didn't like Britain. Whether that was fair or not, that was how he appeared to people outside the Left bubble.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 24, 2021, 11:53:39 am by Herbert Anchovy »
The problem I see with labour a lot of the time and their supporters is an inability to listen to those who hold a different view. The answer is always that those who don't vote labour are the problem or wrong not labour itself and that only leads to more failure for them as there seems to be a failure to understand that they need these votes to win.

They cannot win on a platform many labour supporters want and that's a problem the party just may not be able to overcome.

That’s a very good point and a view that I’ve been guilty of holding many times.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on September 24, 2021, 02:00:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't Corbyn's popularity when elected as Labour leader down to thousands of infiltrators joining the Labour party solely to vote for him, thus rendering the party less electable?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on September 24, 2021, 02:18:54 pm by selby »
  I inspired the stab in the back scene, my old stabber monica has him down to a tee.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012