Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 01:43:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wilson  (Read 6447 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Wilson
« on February 13, 2010, 09:04:35 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Thought he had his best game for Rovers today and really got stuck in....
No reason why he cant do that every game and win the ball more often.
Keep up the good work! :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re:Wilson
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2010, 09:06:20 pm by mushRTID »
Other than screwing up a few simple passes late on that could have ended with chances on goal I thought he was very good today, they all were.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2010, 09:10:47 pm by redbrez »
he had a good game but everybody played well,but would we have said wilson played well if the ref had gave the definate penalty which was a nailed on pen.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 13, 2010, 09:26:08 pm by bobjimwilly »
redbrez wrote:
he had a good game but everybody played well,but would we have said wilson played well if the ref had gave the definate penalty which was a nailed on pen.

If they had got the right decision, ie the peno, I would have slatered him tonight (correct spelling?  :blink:  ), but as the ref didn't give it, Wilson had a good performance today  :P

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 13, 2010, 09:40:59 pm by Lesonthewest »
Wilson was excellent today, never gave the Forest midfielders a minute & got himself into advanced positions on a few occasions.

Lord Farquaad

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 13, 2010, 09:55:40 pm by Lord Farquaad »
bobjimwilly wrote:
redbrez wrote:

If they had got the right decision, ie the peno, I would have slatered him tonight (correct spelling? :blink:  ), but as the ref didn't give it, Wilson had a good performance today  :P

To be Slatered is to go to a dodgy Barbers in Cantley in 1982 when you are 11.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 13, 2010, 11:52:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Excellent performance by Wilson today. Not far off Man of the Match.

And to chuck in an impersonation of a Charles Hawtrey running in Araldite for that penalty incident was pure class.

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 14, 2010, 12:17:43 am by pigeonhole »
My God.  Do you all meet in the Park before the game?  And drink a shed load of beer and not bother watching the game?  Mark Wilson was an embarrassment today.  Free headers, 6 yard passes, 50-50s...he lost them all.  In fact there were a few 90-10s in his favour he managed to lose.  He's utter dogger and took the shine of a flawless display by the other 10.

I'd love to see a race between Mark Wilson giving it 100% full blooded balls out will-to-win sprinting and Charles Hawtrey running through Araldite.  It'd be close. And Charles has been dead for 22 years.

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 14, 2010, 12:18:27 am by pigeonhole »
Deleted double post.  But as I have your attention I want you to know I would honestly prefer this Wilson to play for us...

Stu The Tickhill Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 14, 2010, 01:39:45 am by Stu The Tickhill Red »
pigeonhole wrote:
Deleted double post.  But as I have your attention I want you to know I would honestly prefer this Wilson to play for us...

Then you Sir, are a d**khead.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 14, 2010, 01:45:52 am by donnievic »
pigeonhole wrote:
My God.  Do you all meet in the Park before the game?  And drink a shed load of beer and not bother watching the game?  Mark Wilson was an embarrassment today.  Free headers, 6 yard passes, 50-50s...he lost them all.  In fact there were a few 90-10s in his favour he managed to lose.  He's utter dogger and took the shine of a flawless display by the other 10.

I'd love to see a race between Mark Wilson giving it 100% full blooded balls out will-to-win sprinting and Charles Hawtrey running through Araldite.  It'd be close. And Charles has been dead for 22 years.

Did you really go today :huh:

Mr Croft

« Reply #11 on February 14, 2010, 01:57:25 am by Mr Croft »
pigeonhole wrote:

I'm Guessing that by the sounds of it, you have never ever gave Wilson a Chance.

He has been a massive player for us this season, he has had to come and step in for the gap left by Richie Wellens, he maybe isn't consistent enough as we would love and he may not be the Ronaldo we all expect of him, but he can pass, he has great vision on the field and awareness and yes he does lack skill, but he can hold the ball up, and proper get stuck in as seen when it all kicked off, but the 'penalty' decision you can say Wilson did bad on the challenge, but I never saw no defenders catching that player?

I honestly think that without Wilson we are nothing this season, I do beleive he never started against Wednesday at home when we were dreadful in the first half, but he got subbed on and we played a lot better, and won. For me him and O Connor have been the heart of our team all season.

And lets not forget that Wilson is a player who has a Champions League winners medal :)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 14, 2010, 08:02:12 am by Filo »
pigeonhole wrote:

You are joking?

Or you`ve been on some mindbending substance!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 14, 2010, 08:31:48 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Mindbending substances have no effect when there's nothing for them to work on...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 14, 2010, 08:36:41 am by Filo »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
Mindbending substances have no effect when there's nothing for them to work on...

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Jonathan

« Reply #15 on February 14, 2010, 11:08:17 am by Jonathan »
Mr Croft wrote:
I honestly think that without Wilson we are nothing this season

I think you've had a few too many E numbers there! Without oxygen we are nothing, without the goals of Billy Sharp we might be struggling, but I'm yet to see Mark Wilson as the single-handed saviour of our Championship status. He had a decent game yesterday and got involved in some full blooded challenges, it would be nice to see more of that. If that level of performance (and I don't think he did anything 'exceptional' in earning the deserved praise he's received) was the norm, then he would never have received some of the criticism that's been put his way on here. He showed some real fight and urgency yesterday, which makes it even more frustrating when he ambles through some games occupying the space that Stock controls.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 14, 2010, 11:20:18 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I say it every week, play him in the right role you'll get a good display.  Yesterday he was played in the right way.  Told to be the terrier.  I mean we never told Ravenhill to control midfield when Doolan played so why tell Wilson to do it when Stock plays?

Wilson did a very good job yesterday and stopped them playing.  Made a big difference in midfield.  I don't think you can underestimate the improvement in movement that Hayter gave us.  That allowed Wilson (and Stock) to have better games as they had more outlets and space o play.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 14, 2010, 12:32:41 pm by PaulRover08 »
pigeonhole wrote:

This post does seem to be getting some stick on here and whilst I would not have gone as far as pigeonhole did, I have to say that he is right about Wilson yesterday IMO. The feeling amongst the area I was in was that we were playing with 10 men for most of the game. Oster and Stock (immense) were carrying Wilson for large parts. There is little point in Willo winning the ball only to slackly give it away again. He did that so often yesterday.

The heaped praise he is receiving, all be it from a small number, is really surprising. I wouldn't drop him as he is doing a decent job generally, but to say he was close to, or even THE, man of the match yesterday is borderline ridiculous.

MOM was Stock by a country mile. Some of those challenges (whilst covering for the flagging Wilson) were unbelievable.

And before anyone asks, yes I was at the same game as everyone else.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 14, 2010, 01:52:52 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
This thread was meant to be a pat on the back for Wilson but I cannot believe the differing views and I think the truth is somewhere in middle!
Yesterday was the first time Wilson had contributed in a major way to a match, mostly my doing the ugly things like tackling.
However, this not take away that he is a very limited player that is clearly not good enough for this level and the soon Woods comes back the better!

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 14, 2010, 02:15:05 pm by pigeonhole »
I could never have foreseen the controversy that pointing out Mark Wilson isn't very good would cause.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 14, 2010, 02:28:26 pm by Wellred »
Maybe this thread would have been completely different had probably the most incompetent referee we have had this season given the blatant penalty for Forest before we scored?
I notice nobody commented on the fact that the Forest player gave Wilson a yard start and still beat him to the ball before Wilson fouled him.
One other thing that also gets me is what on earth was the linesman doing not to give that penalty?
I am sure had it been at the other end we would have been furious.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 14, 2010, 03:12:08 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And to chuck in an impersonation of a Charles Hawtrey running in Araldite for that penalty incident was pure class.

There is balance if you look for it.

We could similarly point out that the MoM made a stupendous knack up of his clearance after Sullivan saved from Tyson. Had the be-tighted Polish jessie been half competent, THAT might have cost us the game. But no one is screaming for O'Connor blood.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 14, 2010, 03:14:32 pm by Filo »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:

There is balance if you look for it.

We could similarly point out that the MoM made a stupendous knack up of his clearance after Sullivan saved from Tyson. Had the be-tighted Polish jessie been half competent, THAT might have cost us the game. But no one is screaming for O'Connor blood.

Thats because some posters on here are that blinkered, they may as well be wearing a blindfold!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 14, 2010, 03:26:02 pm by i_ateallthepies »
pigeonhole wrote:
I could never have foreseen the controversy that pointing out Mark Wilson isn't very good would cause.

If you cannot foresee that speaking total bollox whilst discrediting a Rovers player in such a viscious way would cause controversy amongst true Rovers supporters, then you belong on another board.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 14, 2010, 03:26:49 pm by i_ateallthepies »
pigeonhole wrote:

If you cannot foresee that speaking total bollox whilst discrediting a Rovers player in such a viscious way would cause controversy amongst true Rovers supporters, then you belong on another board.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 14, 2010, 10:28:10 pm by Lesonthewest »
How views vary. I thought Wilson was excellent (hopefully more consistently), whereas Oster had several misplaced passes, & looked off the pace to me.

Wello

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 14, 2010, 10:34:21 pm by Wello »
what game were you guys watching he was good in patches, he gave the ball away far too much, missed simple headers and got sam hird a huge bolloxing from billy sharp selling a pass too short, not forgetting he was so slow to react to the ball through and bringing down gunter. its no good being good in spells he needs to be consistant for 90 mins 8/10 games not 1 in 10.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 14, 2010, 10:39:44 pm by TheRev »
Wello wrote:
what game were you guys watching he was good in patches, he gave the ball away far too much, missed simple headers and got sam hird a huge bolloxing from billy sharp selling a pass too short, not forgetting he was so slow to react to the ball through and bringing down gunter. its no good being good in spells he needs to be consistant for 90 mins 8/10 games not 1 in 10.

That can also be said for the rest of the team then I guess.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012