Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 10:14:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Neil Warnock  (Read 3546 times)

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
Neil Warnock
« on February 15, 2010, 11:36:10 am by DonnyNoel »
Slightly o/t

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/8515503.stm

\"Wants official banned for a very long time\"

For getting a corner wrong that wasn't totally clear cut at full speed anyway. Rediculous. Don't get me wrong, as a manager he's obviously very good and I admire his knack of bringing youngsters through but this is just stupid. Whats the equivalent from a player? Will he drop a player just for scuffing a corner to the near post or letting a simple pass roll under his foot?

That said, at least he's got the nuts to say it himself - for some reason I'm becoming more irked by \"cowardly\" clubs who have coaches/assistants harang the 4th official for 90 minutes safe in the konwledge if they get sent to the stands the manager is still on the touchline.  Must have been 3 or 4 Forest coaches go towards the ref at half time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hatfield red

• Forum Member
Re:Neil Warnock
« Reply #1 on February 15, 2010, 11:55:21 am by hatfield red »
They all do it to intimedate the ref, He to to fair can soon sort it out by flashing a few cards, I cannot for the life of me understand why they put up with it,

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 15, 2010, 12:25:55 pm by CusworthRovers »
Agreed, just bang out the reds. That'll soon stop it. Although Messers Big Club persons will soon harrass the FA and have the ref stripped of his status. As we know:

Money talks,
dirty cash I want you, dirty cash I need you, woh-oh
money talks, money talks

Either that or the ref stands his ground, beckons the players with his fingers/hands and says 'come on then bas**rd if you want some'

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 15, 2010, 12:26:08 pm by Donnywolf »
A pertinent question to follow up his rant would have been.... OK Neil point taken but what do you also say about the Ref missing a blatant elbow to the head - thrown by yourCentre Forward LEE - and do you think he get that wrong too ?

The FA should hopefully follow up on that even though it was \"dealt with\" at the time by the Ref and his Yellow Card - or is that Card the end of it ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2010, 02:57:45 pm by Filo »
DonnyNoel wrote:
Slightly o/t

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/8515503.stm

\"Wants official banned for a very long time\"

For getting a corner wrong that wasn't totally clear cut at full speed anyway. Rediculous. Don't get me wrong, as a manager he's obviously very good and I admire his knack of bringing youngsters through but this is just stupid. Whats the equivalent from a player? Will he drop a player just for scuffing a corner to the near post or letting a simple pass roll under his foot?

That said, at least he's got the nuts to say it himself - for some reason I'm becoming more irked by \"cowardly\" clubs who have coaches/assistants harang the 4th official for 90 minutes safe in the konwledge if they get sent to the stands the manager is still on the touchline.  Must have been 3 or 4 Forest coaches go towards the ref at half time.

f**king hell those t**ts we had on saturday should be publicly flogged and banned for a very long time then, by that reasoning  :laugh:

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2010, 03:18:28 pm by DonnyNoel »
Rigoglioso wrote:

If referee's were to be given suspensions, it'd cut down on the likes of Salisbury, Beeby, Hall, Penn, Kettle and Ilderton ever refereeing games week in, week out again!

To be replaced by worse probably though. My possible controversial view is that referees can never be good enough for football (and I say that as a former ref myself). The relentless pace of the game combined with its low scoring aspect means there will always be a huge scope for referees to influence the outcomes because one decision has a huge knock-on effect. Think back to one of Saturdays throw ins incorrectly given to Forest on the halfway line that lead to Adebola nearly scoring. In many other sports (NFL, rugby, cricket) not only is there technology but the scoring/key incidents happen much more often meaning things can even out over a game or even be nullified as the game develops.

Banning referees will turn them off the game leading to more being pushed up the leagues too early.

But I digress from the main point. You cannot ban a lino for getting a decision like that wrong. Like I said, something like that is akin to a player messing up a corner. Would you drop him for that? Can you imagine how depleted our team would be in that instance? ;)

The beachball one yes, as that wasn't a \"wrong decision\" as such - it was not knowing the laws of the game in the first place!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2010, 03:40:07 pm by Filo »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2010, 03:41:12 pm by DonnyNoel »
Rigoglioso wrote:
I'd just use the banning system for the main incidents like the beach ball one. Another classic example would be Stuart Atwell and the phantom goal at Watford vs Reading last season - I'd also have the linesman at that end suspended for a good few games as well.

The thing what gets on my nerves though is if you went around all 92 managers in the Football League (as well as ex-managers who've been in the job in the last few years) and asked them to choose 3 or 4 referees who they thought weren't up to standard, you'd get the same few names cropping up all the time.

Something needs to be done for sure!

Whilst I agree something needs to be done I'd dismiss your second paragraph as irrelevant - the lack of knowledge of current managers/players/pundits about the laws of the game is staggering. Me and you would probably come up with the same names too (similar to those you mentioned in your first post with the exception of Kettle) but there's a huge difference between knowing a lot about football and knowing about being a referee. Of course that statement works both ways - lots of referees are let down by not knowing enough about football to spot dangerous tackles.

I'd like to see more ex-pros take up reffing but then the top players earn enough to retire and coaching and media will always be more attractive to those seeking a career after the game as they know first hand how hard it is to be a ref and that they will only be able to do it for another 10 years or so due to age.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012