Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 08:46:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mason  (Read 4537 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Mason
« Reply #30 on May 07, 2019, 07:24:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
  Hound, he would not get in the Coventry side we played last weekend in either full /wing back position, or in the Accrington side.

Hahaha

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 07, 2019, 07:32:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
  Hound, he would not get in the Coventry side we played last weekend in either full /wing back position, or in the Accrington side.

In your opinion.

Selby your opinion on players seems to be getting worse, Mandeville and Mccullough last year, you’ve also written about getting Smith back next year. So saying Mason is average player is your opinion but shows your idea of good players seems to be slipping

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 07, 2019, 08:05:44 pm by selby »
  Steve, neither Mandeville or McCullough were got rid of because of their play, but because of their own stupid behaviour off the field, and rightly so.
  The same thing has happened to Mason, yes he was better, yes he played well after the first six weeks of this season, up to that point he was distinctly average. He has not got great pace, can be taken on the outside, and out muscled, and has been pointed out by others, his distribution left a lot to be desired. There are better players in this league, you watched two play against us last week.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 07, 2019, 08:07:12 pm by mushRTID »
Out of interest what did Mandeville and McCullough do wrong off the field?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 07, 2019, 08:16:29 pm by selby »
  Steve, I will ask you a question, we finished in the top six of this division, apart from us, which of the other five side would Mason get a game in on a regular basis.
  I will be interested in your opinion.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 07, 2019, 08:30:17 pm by drfchound »
Selby, some of us only see the opposition teams once a season, some of us see some of the opposition teams a couple of times and a few people see all our opponents twice a season.

That is not enough to form an opinion on how good opposition players are (or how bad) consistently over the season.

Obviously lots of us see our players over many more games than that.
We see their good and bad performances.

For example, any Sunderland fan who only saw them at their place against us would wonder what all the fuss was about Copps, Marquis, Kane and Whiteman to name but four.

You told us how good McGahey was but looking at him playing for Rochdale and Scunny against us, well he was rubbish to be fair.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 07, 2019, 08:51:02 pm by steve@dcfd »
  Steve, I will ask you a question, we finished in the top six of this division, apart from us, which of the other five side would Mason get a game in on a regular basis.
  I will be interested in your opinion.

To be fair I’ve not seen them enough, but I will say this he was the best right back we had. Matty Blair has done a great job but he is better going forward. So whether he would get in any of those sides I don’t know seeing that all five finished a minimum of 15 pts in front of us and conceeded less goals may be not. But there’s probably only one or two in our side that would and they were in the league one team of the season.

nortikorner

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 07, 2019, 09:00:44 pm by nortikorner »
To be fair I’ve not seen them enough, but I will say this he was the best right back we had

to be fair in depends who he had in front of him when it was kongolo  he was shocking not always is fault

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on May 07, 2019, 09:04:38 pm by selby »
  I do not disagree with you that he was the best we had, it is hard not to be when you are the only real one.
  Grant had two weeks and was caught out by Lund, and the Mason problem in January.
   I have watched all them teams twice, he would not get in any of them barring injury. Think of it this way, all of them will want to improve, he is free and available, he has gone to Peterborough, allegedly.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:09:36 pm by selby »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 07, 2019, 09:16:46 pm by drfchound »
It just crossed my mind that after the Mason situation blew up, our form dipped and our defensive performances overall were not as consistent.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 07, 2019, 10:16:08 pm by Chris Black come back »
Noncesense.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 07, 2019, 10:20:34 pm by drfchound »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on May 07, 2019, 11:00:08 pm by dickos1 »
Mason wouldn’t get into the Accrington side?
Don’t be silly.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 08, 2019, 12:05:49 am by RoversAlias »
  Steve, neither Mandeville or McCullough were got rid of because of their play, but because of their own stupid behaviour off the field, and rightly so.
  The same thing has happened to Mason, yes he was better, yes he played well after the first six weeks of this season, up to that point he was distinctly average. He has not got great pace, can be taken on the outside, and out muscled, and has been pointed out by others, his distribution left a lot to be desired. There are better players in this league, you watched two play against us last week.

Mandeville and McCullough were not good enough for our squad anyway. They both appear to be very capable League 2 players.

The issue with Mason far outweighs anything that could have gone on behind the scenes with those two players, whichever way we look at it.

I'm fed up of commenting on Mason myself, I wish we would all just move on, but I will say again that what he has been convicted of is abhorrent and I am glad he no longer plays for this football club.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 09:18:49 am by RoversAlias »

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 08, 2019, 01:59:33 pm by RedRover »
I'm only here because I saw Mason and my first thoughts were of Ryan. Now he was a decent player!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012