Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 04:17:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lost pubs  (Read 29784 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: Lost pubs
« Reply #120 on August 12, 2013, 02:11:18 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
drum bentley

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on August 12, 2013, 05:24:04 pm by belton rover »
The Paddock in Cantley was boarded up when I drove past recently.

I also remember the first nightclub I ever got in. Mainline I think it was called - above or next to the Northern Bus Station.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on August 12, 2013, 05:29:04 pm by RedJ »
Wasn't that thing that used to be a cinema in Thorne (or I'm told it used to be a cinema anyway) once a night club? the one near the Vermuyden centre.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on August 12, 2013, 05:33:42 pm by Filo »
Wasn't that thing that used to be a cinema in Thorne (or I'm told it used to be a cinema anyway) once a night club? the one near the Vermuyden centre.

Merlins, near the Traffic lights

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on August 12, 2013, 05:35:47 pm by Donnywolf »
Kensington Cinema (The Flea Pit) became Merlins the nightclub then fell into disrepair. At one time it had a Silver Birch tree growing 40 feet off the ground in the gutter

Now a luxury home and it is said will feature on Grand Designs soon .... believe you can Google it (looks well)

Ian H

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on August 13, 2013, 09:57:33 am by Ian H »
Quote from: RedJ I also remember the first nightclub I ever got in. Mainline I think it was called - above or next to the Northern Bus Station.
[/quote

The Mainline used to be The Outlook - between the Northern Bus Station & the railway station ....

Ye Olde Crown was another - it's now Wildsmith's Saddlery.

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on August 13, 2013, 06:49:37 pm by DN8ROVER »
Kensington Cinema (The Flea Pit) became Merlins the nightclub then fell into disrepair. At one time it had a Silver Birch tree growing 40 feet off the ground in the gutter

Now a luxury home and it is said will feature on Grand Designs soon .... believe you can Google it (looks well)

http://www.gwynap.com/kensington/

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on August 13, 2013, 09:05:35 pm by Donnywolf »
Thanks for that I knew it was "in there" somewhere

Neighbours were out yesterday taking photos of the Hot Tub arriving on Site ... I kid you not

Mind you it WAS big and I did not realise they made them as big as that !

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on August 13, 2013, 11:51:59 pm by jonnydog »
Work in Thorne and have passed it a few times and seen that McCloud fella stood outside

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #129 on August 14, 2013, 06:31:25 am by Donnywolf »
Amazing ... I live in Thorne and pass daily (sometimes twice) and have never seen him at all - though no great loss I suspect

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on August 14, 2013, 02:40:31 pm by Bald Rover »
Just a few I remember that are no more....

Sypte club on North bridge.....dad used to take us there was like a working mans club loved it.....

Tollbar club....now being demolished as we speak....shame as there was a lot of money spent by that tv programme after the floods but alas vandalism and a fire caused its death!

Nags Head....my first legal pint....and many illegal pints :)

Queens.....now a Polish pub/restaurant ( I believe with a no English sign) was a bit rough but a good pint

Bar-n-y.........a gay bar and a quality night!!

Brownswords! one of many names it had......

the old Vault...............

The woolpack.......I have had the pleasure of walking through the whole building and what a waste!! 3 floors of derelict rooms above that place!

A shame but a lot of great pubs which our kids will never experience....just crap nightclub pubs blaring dance music with pisswater pints and extortionate bottles!!

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on August 14, 2013, 05:13:46 pm by Muttley »

Queens.....now a Polish pub/restaurant ( I believe with a no English sign) was a bit rough but a good pint Never seen that sign, seem to welcome anyone

Bar-n-y.........a gay bar and a quality night!! I'll take your word for that!

the old Vault............... Presume you mean the Old Volunteer? Did re-open as Reds, later Garage but now shut

The woolpack.......I have had the pleasure of walking through the whole building and what a waste!! 3 floors of derelict rooms above that place!recently re-opened by owners of Garage

TinyPortal © 2005-2012