Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:12:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Job in UK  (Read 34773 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Job in UK
« Reply #30 on March 09, 2014, 04:23:17 pm by Nudga »

You may want to start up your own business when you get here. It could be something that you do alongside your main job. It is something that I would strongly recommend.

For example do you play a musical instrument? Let's say for example you play the guitar. There is a huge demand from people wanting to learn guitar. The pay for this is between £20 to £30 per hour.

Even if you don't play guitar it is something that you could learn before you come here. There is no traveling involved as they would come to you. You only need to have been playing for a few months before you could start teaching. You just need to make sure you only take on complete beginners at first.

I'm sure there are many more business ideas that could suit you. You sound like an entrepreneur to me and it is just a matter of finding something you like to do. Unfortunately many of my countrymen don't like the idea of running their own businesses. We rely on people like you to come to our country to start up businesses to give them employment.

Mult noroc!

WTF are you on?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on March 10, 2014, 03:20:09 am by newyankee »
I suppose this should be off topic as well Col, as this deals with the life of someone other than you!!!!!

Good luck Dare to Dream, keep wishing and you will succeed.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on March 10, 2014, 06:43:18 am by GazLaz »
1200 would last you a month in London. It's far not expensive than anywhere else in the country.

I'd suggest maybe looking for a job as a translated or something of that nature as your English is pretty good.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on March 10, 2014, 11:15:36 am by IC1967 »
Learn the guitar in about 12 months (DMCs timescale) to the standard required to teach, you really are more deluded than I thought

Look, you need to develop more of a can do attitude rather than looking for obstacles so you can justify putting off getting up off your arse and starting a new business.

Anyone can learn the basics of guitar in 3 months maximum. You are then totally in a position to pass on this knowledge to a complete beginner. You will also have the advantage over an experienced teacher in that it will still be fresh in your mind what the problems a complete beginner will experience.

The secret to success is to always stay one step ahead of your students. As long as you do this you will have a very successful lucrative business.

If self starters like myself always waited until they were total experts in their fields there would be very few new business start ups.

I suspect you work for the man and have never done your own thing with an attitude like that.

BigColSutherland

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on March 10, 2014, 11:25:08 am by BigColSutherland »
I suppose this should be off topic as well Col, as this deals with the life of someone other than you!!!!!

Good luck Dare to Dream, keep wishing and you will succeed.

Have you just wandered in off the street? What on earth are you talking about?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on March 10, 2014, 11:35:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Mick

If anyone can learn the basics of playing guitar in 3 months, why should anyone pay 30 quid to be trained?

What an odd business plan.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 10, 2014, 12:30:27 pm by hoolahoop »
Learn the guitar in about 12 months (DMCs timescale) to the standard required to teach, you really are more deluded than I thought

However DMC might want/need to fast track his skillset as ............................the Russians are coming!!

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on March 10, 2014, 12:49:25 pm by newyankee »
Thought I was on the chat forum Col, once sent I couldn't do anything about it. Felt a chump when I read it.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 10, 2014, 01:17:30 pm by IC1967 »
If anyone can learn the basics of playing guitar in 3 months, why should anyone pay 30 quid to be trained?

What an odd business plan.

That is a good question. Here are some possible answers.

Human nature being what it is, most people want the easy solution even if it costs them. The student may not have access to the internet to view all the free 'lessons' that are out there. When you have one on one contact with another human being you can ask questions on matters you are not sure about. Having a lesson every week gives the student the motivation to practice what has been taught the previous week especially if hard earned money has been parted with. There is so much stuff 'out there' that it is much easier if you've got a teacher that can sift through it all and keep you on the right path.

I could go on but hopefully by now you get my drift.

So to re-cap. People with a can do attitude can start up a business very easily. People with a can't do mindset need to start thinking more positively and view problems as potential opportunities.

I've given a very good example of how to get a successful lucrative business up and running quite quickly without the need for a lot of money. Unfortunately everyone that has responded to my post has demonstrated a can't do attitude. It is no wonder that we need the likes of Devil to come to our country to generate the wealth that we need to keep the likes of the NHS running for the benefit of the natives.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 10, 2014, 05:34:41 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I was a professional musician for a good many years I have made many radio programmes, I have depped with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, I have played in West End Theatre pit Orchestras, I ave also played at the Royal Festival Hall and Royal Albert Hall and many provencial concert halls
I have made numerous recordings and have played on many backing tracks used by club singers, and years ago supported bands such as Depeche Mode.

I know what I am on about and you do not!!!!!

oh and by the way I retired from music and moved back to Doncaster because I wanted too!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:38:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 10, 2014, 06:31:54 pm by Filo »
I was a professional musician for a good many years I have made many radio programmes, I have depped with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra, I have played in West End Theatre pit Orchestras, I ave also played at the Royal Festival Hall and Royal Albert Hall and many provencial concert halls
I have made numerous recordings and have played on many backing tracks used by club singers, and years ago supported bands such as Depeche Mode.

oh and by the way I retired from music and moved back to Doncaster because I wanted too!

Depeche Mode eh?

And moving back to Doncaster, you just couldn't get enough of the place could you? :)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on March 10, 2014, 06:36:44 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Depeche Mode eh?

And moving back to Doncaster, you just couldn't get enough of the place could you? :)

Thats it Filo,     its all true though

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 10, 2014, 06:49:26 pm by IC1967 »
OK. You sound like you reached a reasonable level of competency with your chosen musical instrument. I'd keep it quiet about being involved with Depeche Mode if I were you. They were a very average band with very simple songs that were instantly forgettable.

You obviously don't play guitar. If you did, you'd know how feasible my suggestion is. I stand by what I said. Anyone that plays guitar would back me up.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 10, 2014, 07:16:25 pm by Filo »
OK. You sound like you reached a reasonable level of competency with your chosen musical instrument. I'd keep it quiet about being involved with Depeche Mode if I were you. They were a very average band with very simple songs that were instantly forgettable.

You obviously don't play guitar. If you did, you'd know how feasible my suggestion is. I stand by what I said. Anyone that plays guitar would back me up.

I'd believe a professional musician over some one that strums the odd Van Halen number anyday

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 10, 2014, 07:40:53 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well for your information I was a Bass player Bass guitar, Double Bass, and as I started with a colliery band I also played Tuba, all bass but totally different techniques.  I promise you I was more than  reasonable.

ps you condescending t**t
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 09:22:19 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 10, 2014, 07:54:18 pm by Nudga »

Do you suffer from visions of grandeur?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on March 10, 2014, 09:35:14 pm by RedJ »

Do you suffer from visions of grandeur?

More like delusions of adequacy...

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 10, 2014, 10:47:49 pm by IC1967 »
Everyone knows bass guitar is easy to play. I reckon I could master it within one month. Normal guitar is much more difficult that is why I said it would take three months.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 10, 2014, 11:28:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Guitar lessons and Tupperware rounds.

I can see why we are rocketing out of recession...

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on March 11, 2014, 05:42:01 am by Dagenham Rover »
Everyone knows bass guitar is easy to play. I reckon I could master it within one month. Normal guitar is much more difficult that is why I said it would take three months.

As I said earlier you do not have a clue what you are on about..... again,  by the way I'm not biting just stating a fact

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on March 11, 2014, 06:43:51 am by IC1967 »
I'm sorry but you are the one that is clueless. Think about it. Once you've been playing for 3 months you will always be 3 months ahead of a complete beginner. All you need to do is keep that 3 months gap and you are sorted.

You have obviously learned a musical instrument. I'm pretty damn sure you could have taught a complete beginner after you had only been playing for 3 months. Especially bass guitar. With only 4 strings it is a very easy instrument to master and teach.

Have a look at this website for a realistic view of how long it takes to learn guitar.

http://www.theguitarlesson.com/guitar-lesson-blog/guitar-lessons/how-long-does-it-take-to-learn-guitar/

Game set and match.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on March 11, 2014, 06:49:33 am by Dagenham Rover »
I'm sorry but you are the one that is clueless. Think about it. Once you've been playing for 3 months you will always be 3 months ahead of a complete beginner. All you need to do is keep that 3 months gap and you are sorted.

You have obviously learned a musical instrument. I'm pretty damn sure you could have taught a complete beginner after you had only been playing for 3 months. Especially bass guitar. With only 4 strings it is a very easy instrument to master and teach.

Have a look at this website for a realistic view of how long it takes to learn guitar.

http://www.theguitarlesson.com/guitar-lesson-blog/guitar-lessons/how-long-does-it-take-to-learn-guitar/

Game set and match.

Clueless

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on March 11, 2014, 08:07:27 am by IC1967 »
All I can say is that if you don't think you could have taught a complete beginner bass guitar after you had been playing for 3 months then you must have been a very slow learner. Credit to you for sticking with it and achieving a reasonable standard.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on March 11, 2014, 10:27:48 am by IC1967 »
Look my point is that after 3 months you know enough to be able to teach a complete beginner. This is incontrovertible fact.

I definitely could master bass in one month.

It sounds to me like it took you a long time. You must have been a very slow learner or had a crap teacher.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on March 11, 2014, 10:39:22 am by RedJ »
Look my point is that after 3 months you know enough to be able to teach a complete beginner. This is incontrovertible fact.

Except it's not?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on March 11, 2014, 10:52:07 am by Wild Rover »
Jesus Bert Weedon will have you "Playing in a day". I tried that 30 years ago, still cant play.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on March 11, 2014, 10:59:22 am by Iberian Red »

I definitely could master bass in one month.

It sounds to me like it took you a long time. You must have been a very slow learner or had a crap teacher.

Weighing in at 6 stone, you couldnt even pick up a plectrum,nevermind a bass or guitar.

Anyway, shouldnt this be in the spouting inane bolloxs section rather than off topic?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on March 11, 2014, 11:10:34 am by IC1967 »
Look, I could definitely master bass in one month. What you don't realise is that I have transferable skills.

Right, back to my main point. You obviously don't tell the student that you've only been playing for 3 months. You tell them that you've been playing all your life and have successfully taught hundreds of students.

If they ask you to show them how good you are you refuse as you don't want to demoralise them. You start with the basic open chords. There is a lot of mileage in this. Are you trying to tell me that this cannot be mastered in 3 months? Of course it can. It only took me a week to be totally proficient in playing open chords.

What is it you don't understand about 'you will always be 3 months ahead of the student'? That is more than enough of a gap for you to be able to always have something to teach. Get a grip man.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on March 11, 2014, 12:04:55 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Casperj I've given up with him he is spouting total utter rubbish about something he doesnt have a clue about (again) as you say tbh its bloody hilarious

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on March 11, 2014, 12:10:01 pm by IC1967 »
It's a good job there are self starters like me about to get the economy moving. Nearly all start up businesses have to be ahem economical with the truth or they'd never get off the ground.

If you wait until you think you are totally ready to take the plunge you'll never do anything. Take a leaf out of my book. Take the plunge and learn as you go along.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012