Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:12:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Steve Uttley  (Read 25795 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Steve Uttley
« Reply #30 on October 11, 2014, 09:05:56 pm by RobTheRover »
Its happening all over the country at the moment.  Football clubs are no different.  Falling incomes mean lower budgets.

I got a letter giving me 90 days consultation on restructure proposals on Thursday, as we have c£24M to save off our budget in the next 2 years.  Possible redundancy notice to follow.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 11, 2014, 10:00:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We have them often it is part of business and in this case a very private matter I'd say.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 11, 2014, 10:27:05 pm by BobG »
If it's not actually happened yet, who leaked it? And why? I smell skullduggery once again. Looks like immediate proof of the points I made above doesn't it? Leaking for an agenda. Given the stoic silence of the KM2 despite vast amounts of provocation over months and months, I suspect the leak emanates from the other side - and has been done for a purpose. Now what purpose could there be in leaking the story that someone is about to be let go? There's only 2 possibilities aren't there?

1) encourage a public outcry to keep the chap on board, or,
2) an attempt to increase his pay off

Either way, that would be an attempt to strong arm the Board of Directors. Naughty.

Who told you this story Roversonthe up? serious question. I'd like to know. It might shed more light.

BobG
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 10:53:37 pm by BobG »

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on October 12, 2014, 01:50:21 pm by roversontheup »
I really don't want anyone to get into any trouble here. I was enquiring about getting hold of some rovers photos and was told Steve had been made redundant. It was all very innocent.  Not going to put anyone's names in lights as that doesn't seem fair.

Nothing sinister going on but I wasn't told with a view to stirring anything up.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 12, 2014, 04:08:44 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Steve Uttley told a workmate of mine at the Scunny match last week.  I know that to be true as I saw them having a lengthy and serious conversation at half time.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 12, 2014, 08:58:36 pm by Lifelong supporter »
John's pictures haven't been removed. They were still all in place this last week when I visited the club.

Even in the boardroom?

Your initial statement was that John's photos had been removed from the ground. Now you're asking if they've been removed from the boardroom. Why don't you just make the statement that you want to?

Isn't the boardroom in the ground?

Are you asking a question or making a statement? It appears to me that you know the answer but are asking for reasons other than the natural inquisitive nature of most fans on here. So, are we talking specifically about the boardroom?

Perhaps I should rephrase the question.
Does anyone know the reason why photographs of JR have recently been removed from the ground, which also includes the boardroom?

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 12, 2014, 09:08:58 pm by StocktonRover »
John's pictures haven't been removed. They were still all in place this last week when I visited the club.

Even in the boardroom?

Your initial statement was that John's photos had been removed from the ground. Now you're asking if they've been removed from the boardroom. Why don't you just make the statement that you want to?

Are you asking a question or making a statement? It appears to me that you know the answer but are asking for reasons other than the natural inquisitive nature of most fans on here. So, are we talking specifically about the boardroom?

Does anyone know the reason why photographs of JR have recently been removed from the ground, which also includes the boardroom?

Here's the answer -  Yes someone does know.
But most people don't really care.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 12, 2014, 09:46:50 pm by Filo »

Even in the boardroom?

Perhaps I should repeat my question

Do you have access to the boardroom?

P.S. Maybe any images that have been removed had the coppywrite held by Mr Uttley and he just took them, pur speculation mind!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on October 12, 2014, 09:53:20 pm by wilts rover »
Lifelong, I would guess that the person who told you the photographs had been removed might be a good place to start?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on October 12, 2014, 09:56:51 pm by Filo »
Lifelong, I would guess that the person who told you the photographs had been removed might be a good place to start?

But if he did that he would n't be able to ask a leading question, now who was it that dors n't like leading questions? ;)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on October 12, 2014, 10:34:36 pm by BobG »
Thank you Roversontheup.  Fair enough. One of the characteristics of any site like this is that people tend to read an awful lot into snippets where there actually is very little. The problem is caused by not enough breadth of information and by a peculiar passion. This time around I guess the overwhelming probability is that there's nowt going on other than normal business practices. Someome has spoken to a friend - and it's mushroomed.

Cheers

BobG

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on October 13, 2014, 10:08:27 am by DRNaith »
Yep, some people like growing mushrooms.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on October 13, 2014, 10:37:33 am by roversontheup »
Yes Bob. I think you are spot on. I regret having asked the question in the first place. I should have realised what sort of discussion it would spark.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 13, 2014, 11:29:58 am by wing commander »
   Once again people get half a tale and decide what actually has happened for themselves..There could be a hundred reasons why this has taken place..

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on October 13, 2014, 05:18:57 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No photos of JR have been removed from anywhere as far as I know. Why do you think any have? If you believe that some have, please let us know which ones in particular so we can double check for you.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on October 14, 2014, 02:11:52 am by Lifelong supporter »

No photos of JR have been removed from anywhere as far as I know. Why do you think any have? If you believe that some have, please let us know which ones in particular so we can double check for you.

I don't know.
That was the question I was asking.
But as nobody seems to think they have perhaps we should leave it there.
The thread was about a man losing his job and that's the most important issue.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 14, 2014, 03:43:49 am by les@donr »
I've known Steve for a long time, he has been a loyal and hard working servant of Doncaster Rovers, very sorry he has been let go by the club, it will be the poorer for it.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on October 14, 2014, 03:58:22 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

I don't know.
That was the question I was asking.

But as nobody seems to think they have perhaps we should leave it there.
The thread was about a man losing his job and that's the most important issue.

Erm, no it wasn't the question you originally asked. You asked why they have been removed, not if any have been removed. A definite statement about a definite action, not an enquiry whether that action has taken place.

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 14, 2014, 05:48:44 pm by KC_DRFC »
Sometimes i come on here when i'm feeling a bit low. Then i see fully grown adults arguing about completely irrelevant things.. Gives me a chuckle

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 14, 2014, 06:17:07 pm by acko »
dont know if jr photos have been removed or not but wouldnt be surprised the current crap thats running the club probably dont want reminding  what a great job jr did for 15 years,sorry if utterly has gone another great servant,probably mayfield next doing too good a job organising the buses etc

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 14, 2014, 06:21:26 pm by StocktonRover »
dont know if jr photos have been removed or not but wouldnt be surprised the current crap thats running the club probably dont want reminding  what a great job jr did for 15 years,sorry if utterly has gone another great servant,probably mayfield next doing too good a job organising the buses etc

Translates as " I know nothing but will still have a dig at our owners for the hell of it"

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on October 14, 2014, 06:29:36 pm by Filo »

How long has being secretary of a branch of the supporters club been on the payroll of the club?

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on October 14, 2014, 07:00:03 pm by roversontheup »

I may be completely wrong but that statement sounds like the sort of thing I expect from someone who knows absolutely nothing about the running of the club and understands even less.  It's so easy to follow others and criticise something or someone without having the faintest idea what the actual true facts are.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 14, 2014, 07:26:45 pm by acko »
you might be right roversontheup but would you like to list the experiance of running a football club of mr bramhall,mr blunt and mr watson,buisness men maybe but give me their football club experiance mr watson aside cant find any history of any connection to runnig a club,and his connection was with jr

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 14, 2014, 07:31:35 pm by wilts rover »
I belive Mr Mayfield was stoppd from commentating on Rovers matches under the tenure of a previous owner?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on October 14, 2014, 07:32:02 pm by knockers »
Acko-you are talking out of your arse. Now go bore someone else!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 14, 2014, 07:33:50 pm by Filo »
you might be right roversontheup but would you like to list the experiance of running a football club of mr bramhall,mr blunt and mr watson,buisness men maybe but give me their football club experiance mr watson aside cant find any history of any connection to runnig a club,and his connection was with jr

And what relevance does this have to the thread title?

It appears that your thinking has been influenced by the loudmouths, and you know very little, if anything, about what you are on about!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 07:37:09 pm by Filo »

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on October 14, 2014, 08:05:07 pm by acko »
you obviously couldnt give me an answer filo,surprises me you give the impression you know it all but i give my remarks like everyone else not to be insulted,been supporting rovers home and away for 60 years,and make a decent living out of football.but to please you i will cancel my registration with vsc from this moment

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 14, 2014, 08:09:34 pm by Filo »
you obviously couldnt give me an answer filo,surprises me you give the impression you know it all but i give my remarks like everyone else not to be insulted,been supporting rovers home and away for 60 years,and make a decent living out of football.but to please you i will cancel my registration with vsc from this moment

Your a sensitive soul if you think I've insulted you!

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 14, 2014, 08:23:36 pm by Mr1Croft »

Whilst this is off topic I'm not sure what your implying here Acko.

With the possible exception of being on board in the early 90's when Richardson took control I don't think we can really say JR had any experience of owning a Football Club prior to taking ownership in 99 either and it never went against him. In fact I don't think many owners can safely say they have a previous record or running a football club(s). Those that are very good at it tend to stay at those clubs.

I would also say that it isn't the Board's job to run a club, it's their role to set the budgets and direction of the club and provide funding (if necessary), its usually the CEO who is tasked with running the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012