Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 01:11:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Steve Uttley  (Read 25796 times)

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
Re: Steve Uttley
« Reply #90 on October 15, 2014, 07:07:26 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
He gave me a couple of chocolate fingers and they were most satisfying.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on October 15, 2014, 09:31:26 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
They go well with a lemon puff or two...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on October 15, 2014, 10:15:49 pm by RoversAlias »
Very sad to hear that Steve Uttley has left the club, if that is indeed true. Steve is one of the people at the very heart of this club, he's been very helpful towards me several times in recent years and has always been great to talk to about the club.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on October 15, 2014, 10:53:43 pm by Iberian Red »
Maybe the wheels came off the wagon?

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on October 16, 2014, 06:25:30 pm by Lifelong supporter »
Because that's where I heard the photos had been removed from.
Perhaps now you can 'double check' as previously promised and let us all know if it is the case or not.
As I said before the thread is about a long serving, hardworking employee losing his job.
Have you any comment to make about that?

No photos have been removed from the Boardroom. Seems your 'source' doesn't know as much as you think he does. I'm sure you'd agree that if anyone is leaking incorrect and damaging information from the club it should be stopped?

I suggest you go and have a look for yourself Glyn.
Interesting that you would think the removal of JR's pictures would be damaging to the club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on October 17, 2014, 12:05:41 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Interesting that you would think the removal of JR's pictures would be damaging to the club.

Isn't that your objective Lifelong? Not heard any positive things from you about anything really, only opportunistic stirrings.

Our boardroom at work doesn't have any pictures of any ex-board members on the wall. If, JR's picture had been removed, would you have a problem with that? 

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on October 17, 2014, 12:21:16 am by BobG »
Nowt like a good bit of blood letting. It's neccesary sometimes. It's been neccesary at DRFC for several years. If they're not careful this is going to end up as a well run club. Christ. Imagine that.

BobG

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on October 17, 2014, 12:37:31 am by PDX_Rover »
Maybe they've been photoshopped?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on October 17, 2014, 02:14:23 am by silent majority »
Some people are confusing the word 'rearranged' with 'removed'.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on October 17, 2014, 07:30:59 am by Sheepskin Stu »
A Flock of Seagulls

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on October 17, 2014, 08:55:01 am by RedRover45 »
A Flock of Seagulls

Very deep Stu but very good. Guess you had to be around in about 82 to appreciate that lol

Filo

• VSC Member

neil grainger

« Reply #102 on October 17, 2014, 11:14:52 pm by neil grainger »
I must say that I think Paul Mayfield's  ( Retford Rovers 's ) post is very significant . I know of nobody who have given such unselfish support to Rovers and fellow fans for the last thirty years . The fact that he felt driven away by comments on here should ring alarm bells to everyone but especially  to those who created the forum as essentially a vehicle of SUPPORT to our club .

I am insignificant compared to Paul though I have unselfsishly and positively supported Roves for 50 years . I used to draw energy and even enjoyment from following and posting on this forum. I stopped posting weeks ago because I was tired of such negativism against the Board; PD;  young players like Hubby and Wakefield even against fellow supporters who were supportive  . That a fellow supporter like Paul who is undoubtedly an ideal  supporter  should feel as he does only serves to convince me that the forum no longer serves the club  and it's fan base as it set out to do. Are the anti VSC chants aimed at the Co operative or at the forum I wonder. I hope you survive as a supportive forum of fans long term but I'm afraid I shall no longer be around. You have snuffed out another positive flame of support. .     

Sorry to see you leaving the forum again Bri but look forward to seeing you this weekend

neil grainger

« Reply #103 on October 17, 2014, 11:18:35 pm by neil grainger »
Perhaps now you can 'double check' as previously promised and let us all know if it is the case or not.
As I said before the thread is about a long serving, hardworking employee losing his job.

No photos have been removed from the Boardroom. Seems your 'source' doesn't know as much as you think he does. I'm sure you'd agree that if anyone is leaking incorrect and damaging information from the club it should be stopped?

Sorry to contradict you Lifelong but I can categorically state beyond any shadow of doubt that no photos of JR have been removed from the stadium.
I can't divulge my sources for this information but I can only assure you this is 100% fact.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on October 17, 2014, 11:48:44 pm by DonnyRTID »
Back on topic, Steve Uttley has confirmed that he's been made redundant. Anyone know why?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on October 18, 2014, 12:10:17 am by silent majority »
Surely the person who knows is the person who is affected?

neil grainger

« Reply #106 on October 18, 2014, 12:12:51 am by neil grainger »
Back on topic, Steve Uttley has confirmed that he's been made redundant. Anyone know why?

Normally it's because the position no longer exists.

I imagine Mr Uttley will have been informed, especially as you say he has confirmed that he has been made redundant.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on October 18, 2014, 12:43:38 am by Filo »

Shit happens, I've been made redundant 3 times during my working life, no one felt sorry for me!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on October 18, 2014, 12:45:38 am by BobG »
I wonder who owns the copyright......?

BobG

neil grainger

« Reply #109 on October 18, 2014, 01:11:27 am by neil grainger »
The photos will be available soon Bob........

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on October 18, 2014, 01:37:26 am by Dagenham Rover »
I wonder who owns the copyright......?

BobG
That one might be interesting

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on October 18, 2014, 09:58:08 am by Lifelong supporter »

Sorry to contradict you Lifelong but I can categorically state beyond any shadow of doubt that no photos of JR have been removed from the stadium.
I can't divulge my sources for this information but I can only assure you this is 100% fact.

Again, I suggest you go and have a look for yourself.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on October 18, 2014, 10:49:41 am by Filo »

Again, I suggest you go and have a look for yourself.

With that statement, can we assume that you have had a look for yourself?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on October 18, 2014, 10:50:01 am by The Red Baron »
A Flock of Seagulls

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=opkzgLMH5MA

Just listened to it. Fantastic to hear that again. Can't get it out of my head now and I'll be singing it all day.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on October 18, 2014, 10:53:01 am by Filo »
A Flock of Seagulls

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=opkzgLMH5MA

Just listened to it. Fantastic to hear that again. Can't get it out of my head now and I'll be singing it all day.

There was a band that did the workingmens club circuit in the 80's that did that song perfect, they were on a lot in the White Hart in Thorne, Tubeless Hearts were their name

bfdoncaster west

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on November 22, 2014, 07:34:39 pm by bfdoncaster west »
is Steve Uttley back

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on November 22, 2014, 08:12:08 pm by the vicar »
no he is working for the press

TinyPortal © 2005-2012