Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:16:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who are you going to vote for at the general election?

UKIP
13 (16.3%)
Tory
20 (25%)
LibDem
5 (6.3%)
Green
10 (12.5%)
Labour
32 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Voting Intention  (Read 30198 times)

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Voting Intention
« Reply #60 on May 03, 2015, 12:38:47 pm by BobG »
Two words: Pavlov. Dog.

BobG

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on May 03, 2015, 04:13:20 pm by IC1967 »

BobG

One word: LIAR

(explanation for daft Bob's mates - never reads my posts but is constantly replying to them).

IC1967

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on May 03, 2015, 04:53:27 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

BobG

You missed out the other important element - Saliva.

But I see Mick's quite kindly just supplied some.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on May 04, 2015, 10:42:18 pm by jonrover »
Well. I'm feeling very pleased with myself today. Who'd have thought that on such a hard left forum that UKIP and the Tories would have a bigger share of the vote than Labour.

It just goes to show that my exposing leftie ideology for what it is has changed a lot of minds.

This has given me great encouragement and given me fresh impetus to carry on my good work as the voice of reason.

Silly Billy's blood pressure will be off the scale.

Get in.

And if you add Green & Labour its bigger than Tory/Ukip. Bellend.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on May 04, 2015, 10:47:17 pm by IC1967 »
Well. I'm feeling very pleased with myself today. Who'd have thought that on such a hard left forum that UKIP and the Tories would have a bigger share of the vote than Labour.

It just goes to show that my exposing leftie ideology for what it is has changed a lot of minds.

This has given me great encouragement and given me fresh impetus to carry on my good work as the voice of reason.

Silly Billy's blood pressure will be off the scale.

Get in.

And if you add Green & Labour its bigger than Tory/Ukip. Bellend.

Excuse me. If you're having the Greens then I'm having the LibDems.

jonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on May 05, 2015, 12:35:36 am by jonrover »
The point is the Greens are far to the left of Labour. Your argument you claim is you've smashed the lefties. Clearly not. Jog on you crank.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on May 05, 2015, 12:57:57 am by IC1967 »
The point is the Greens are far to the left of Labour. Your argument you claim is you've smashed the lefties. Clearly not. Jog on you crank.

The biggest cranks are the Greens.

Look. It's very simple. Before I started posting on this forum Labour would have won this poll by a landslide. I'm sure the hardcore lefties on this forum have been shocked at just how many people I've turned to the right side.

It is clear that I have overwhelmingly won the debate with you lefties. I will continue to be the voice of reason and look forward to support for the right to continue to grow.

Now if I could just offer you some advice. Don't just vote Labour because that's what your mum and dad did. That is not a good enough reason. Losing the potty mouth would also be an improvement.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on May 05, 2015, 01:05:51 am by BobG »
Yup. There's Pavlov's bitch again. Right on Mick. Never let us down do you?

Oh. And don't forget the rope.

BobG

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on May 05, 2015, 02:15:43 am by hoolahoop »
Yes I saw that as well, I'm inclined to follow bet fair though as opposed to the polls. To be honest in truth I don't think anyone has a clue what will happen, I think there could be a very turbulent month coming up, and it might end up being uncertain for a lot longer than that. I think the chances of another GE in the next year is only about 3/1 ish.

More likely than 3-1 against, I would think. Well worth a bet.

I see you lefties are getting worried. So you should be. Why on earth do you think I now want Labour to form a minority government? It will be shambolic from start to finish (2 years max). Look what's happened to them in Scotland. The same thing can happen to them in England.

If I were you I'd be voting to keep Labour out. I still think the Tories will get an overall majority. Worst case they'll form a coalition with the LibDems again.

I'm praying I'm wrong as a Labour victory will see them finished.

Come on Ed! Get your finger out!

And it's clearly demonstrated just how UKIP are going to split the Tory vote and let Labour in.

Get in.

I'm not quite sure that it will work out that way. UKIP followers are across the board at present but I think they will vote tactically come Thursday and that the Lib/Dem voting % and number of seats will be higher than predicted .
A minority Labour Govt propped up by the SNP will become somewhat burdensome to a Labour party short on strength in depth and at odds with the SNP in many areas. Hate to agree with Mick but this could damage the Labour party in much the same way as the L/Dems were damaged during the last Parliament. Either way this is a completely new direction for British politics.
Ed is on a loser either way, the SNP smell blood and many concessions ?

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on May 05, 2015, 11:14:53 am by IC1967 »
Yes I saw that as well, I'm inclined to follow bet fair though as opposed to the polls. To be honest in truth I don't think anyone has a clue what will happen, I think there could be a very turbulent month coming up, and it might end up being uncertain for a lot longer than that. I think the chances of another GE in the next year is only about 3/1 ish.

More likely than 3-1 against, I would think. Well worth a bet.

I see you lefties are getting worried. So you should be. Why on earth do you think I now want Labour to form a minority government? It will be shambolic from start to finish (2 years max). Look what's happened to them in Scotland. The same thing can happen to them in England.

If I were you I'd be voting to keep Labour out. I still think the Tories will get an overall majority. Worst case they'll form a coalition with the LibDems again.

I'm praying I'm wrong as a Labour victory will see them finished.

Come on Ed! Get your finger out!

And it's clearly demonstrated just how UKIP are going to split the Tory vote and let Labour in.

Get in.

I'm not quite sure that it will work out that way. UKIP followers are across the board at present but I think they will vote tactically come Thursday and that the Lib/Dem voting % and number of seats will be higher than predicted .
A minority Labour Govt propped up by the SNP will become somewhat burdensome to a Labour party short on strength in depth and at odds with the SNP in many areas. Hate to agree with Mick but this could damage the Labour party in much the same way as the L/Dems were damaged during the last Parliament. Either way this is a completely new direction for British politics.
Ed is on a loser either way, the SNP smell blood and many concessions ?

Hoola, me and you have got it sussed. I'm as right wing as they come but for the longer term good of the country I'm praying red Ed becomes prime minister. I think he'll do anything he can to get power and he will have his own interests at heart rather than that of the country. This spells long term disaster for Labour.

Silly Billy knows this and I imagine he is a very unhappy bunny at the moment. He can't win. Either we get a Tory government or we get a shambolic Labour government.

Get in.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on May 05, 2015, 12:33:42 pm by rtid88 »
Mick I love the fact that you actually think the crap that you write on this forum has actually persuaded people to vote for UKIP rather than Labour! Nothing to do with the failed coalition government that have looked after the rich and taken from the poor!

The people that are and will be voting for UKIP do not understand what this party is and what this party truly stand for other than the rubbish that Farage has been feeding the British press with over the past few years. I don't even think half of the UKIP politicians even quite understand, looking at the majority of the ones I have seen on TV I would be surprised if they even have as many brain cells as you Mick put together. I am sure they do not know that Farage was a dirty scheming money making Banker who's beliefs are far worse than the Tory party.

I am not a fan of Ed by any stretch of the imagination but I would rather vote for a weak Labour party than see the dispicable Tories back in power again!

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on May 05, 2015, 12:59:12 pm by IC1967 »
Mick I love the fact that you actually think the crap that you write on this forum has actually persuaded people to vote for UKIP rather than Labour! Nothing to do with the failed coalition government that have looked after the rich and taken from the poor!

The people that are and will be voting for UKIP do not understand what this party is and what this party truly stand for other than the rubbish that Farage has been feeding the British press with over the past few years. I don't even think half of the UKIP politicians even quite understand, looking at the majority of the ones I have seen on TV I would be surprised if they even have as many brain cells as you Mick put together. I am sure they do not know that Farage was a dirty scheming money making Banker who's beliefs are far worse than the Tory party.

I am not a fan of Ed by any stretch of the imagination but I would rather vote for a weak Labour party than see the dispicable Tories back in power again!

I'm glad you will be voting Labour. I want them to form a weak government. This will destroy them. I'm glad most of you lefties haven't worked that one out.

Us Ukippers know what UKIP stands for. Out of the EU. That's it.

Sorted.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on May 05, 2015, 02:20:19 pm by bobjimwilly »
Brilliant! So now you've said (at some point or other) you want the Tories, UKIP and Labour to win!  :woot:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on May 05, 2015, 02:25:51 pm by Filo »
Nick the flying Brick is standing in Doncaster North, he intends to abolish gravity and turn Conisborough Castle into an intergalactic space port :--)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on May 05, 2015, 03:39:35 pm by The Red Baron »
Nick the flying Brick is standing in Doncaster North, he intends to abolish gravity and turn Conisborough Castle into an intergalactic space port :--)

Sounds as sensible as a lot of the stuff I've heard in this election.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on May 05, 2015, 06:21:41 pm by wilts rover »
I must say I am disappointed to see how Mick has affected voting intentions on the forum.

Out of, what is it 1700 registered voters, of which 300 or so are reguarly active, 60 have voted. That's 20% of regular users which leads me to conclude, 80% of the forum had been bored s******s by his witterings and will not be participating in the election.

Well done Mick, influencing people to stay away in their droves since c2010.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on May 05, 2015, 07:07:51 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Watch this space.

I'll be making an extremely accurate prediction of what's going to happen before midnight on Thursday (in terms of number of seats for the major parties).

This will save you all having to stay up all night to see what's going to happen.

Trust me. I know what I'm talking about. I'll be going to bed before midnight and getting up at about 8.00am to watch the news to find out I was right.

How about telling us on Thursday before 10pm so that we get your predictions before the exit polls are revealed?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on May 05, 2015, 07:10:44 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I must say I am disappointed to see how Mick has affected voting intentions on the forum.

Out of, what is it 1700 registered voters, of which 300 or so are reguarly active, 60 have voted. That's 20% of regular users which leads me to conclude, 80% of the forum had been bored s******s by his witterings and will not be participating in the election.

Well done Mick, influencing people to stay away in their droves since c2010.
Stats eh! Funny really how they can be used to make a point. The turnout for IC's poll isn't really THAT bad if you consider how much better it is that the Pessimists v Optimists competition, of which about 13% take part (based on your figures).............And that is the most popular score prediction competition in the history of this forum!

Choux

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on May 05, 2015, 07:35:10 pm by Choux »
I'll be voting Labour. But then I'm a fan of social justice.

IC1967

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on May 05, 2015, 08:22:29 pm by IC1967 »
I think it's a great turnout considering most people don't even bother reading Off Topic (I'm reliably informed the numbers have gone up a lot since I started posting). Then if you factor in that most people couldn't care less about politics I think I have every right to be well pleased with myself.

The lefties are just very annoyed that I've turned the forum from hard left to right wing. They can't believe it and are struggling desperately to justify themselves.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on May 05, 2015, 09:01:16 pm by wilts rover »
Ah yes of course, thanks BB, I had forgotten the correlation between the poll that defines how events in the immediate future will be decided for the benefit of us all, one that people have fought and died to participate in and uphold, and next week's general election.

Savvy

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on May 05, 2015, 09:45:08 pm by Savvy »

Just take a look at this before you make your generalisations!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFCfEdxd4Sc&feature=share

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on May 06, 2015, 09:09:02 am by Filo »
Right. I've decided to bring my prediction forward so as to stop any nonsense that it wasn't totally my own work.

Here it is.

Tories 289
Labour 279
LibDems 29
SNP 50
UKIP 2
Greens 1

This will mean a minority Labour government.

Get in.

Quoted and saved to avoid a back track ;)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on May 06, 2015, 09:45:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Hang on. I thought laddo was predicting a Tory majority last week. Have I missed some earth-shattering political event that has shaved 15% off the Tories' projected seats?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on May 06, 2015, 10:47:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
My hunch is it won't be as tight as everyone thinks, one of the major parties will perform better than expected.  Which one it will be though?  No idea.

I think Tories could benefit from the 'shy Tory' effect, but then on the day how many will think they fancy the change back to Labour?  Could go either way really.

It's gonna be fun!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on May 06, 2015, 11:18:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »
Hang on. I thought laddo was predicting a Tory majority last week. Have I missed some earth-shattering political event that has shaved 15% off the Tories' projected seats?

Don't worry, he'll soon be back on here waffling about how he actually wants a minority Labour government and that therefore he's still right, as if what he's predicted and what he wants are both the same thing. ;)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on May 06, 2015, 12:06:27 pm by turnbull for england »
On a local level for Thorne and Moorends council I could vote for up to 9 people  out of about 15, I had no idea who about half of them were despite being born and bred DN8 - How can you vote for people you dont know? 

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on May 06, 2015, 01:58:45 pm by Wild Rover »
After careful study of runners and riders this Is predicted outcome.
CON  282
LAB  275
LIB  18
UKIP  1
Green  1
SNP  52
PlaidC  3
Minor  0
N.Ire   18   

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on May 06, 2015, 10:08:21 pm by The Red Baron »
My hunch is it won't be as tight as everyone thinks, one of the major parties will perform better than expected.  Which one it will be though?  No idea.

I think Tories could benefit from the 'shy Tory' effect, but then on the day how many will think they fancy the change back to Labour?  Could go either way really.

It's gonna be fun!

I've kept expecting the polls to move one way or the other but apart from the odd percentage point here and there they haven't. One thing I did expect was a drift of UKIP voters back to the main parties, especially the Tories, but their percentage has held up pretty well. Even so, they'll do well to end the night with more than 3 seats.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on May 06, 2015, 10:13:50 pm by The Red Baron »
After careful study of runners and riders this Is predicted outcome.
CON  282
LAB  275
LIB  18
UKIP  1
Green  1
SNP  52
PlaidC  3
Minor  0
N.Ire   18   

Very similar from me:

Con 283
Lab 271