Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:30:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 41096 times)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #60 on February 15, 2022, 08:37:15 pm by turnbull for england »
Another smart move , the 150 was a look ways going to be part swallowed up by  CT rise , but that's now seen as local councils fault . Wait till folk work out that 50 quid a year on energy bills will apply to more people than received it too

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on February 17, 2022, 01:09:50 pm by rich1471 »
I was with green energy That went bust a year ago and was moved to shell energy ,I claimed money went out of my bank to green energy after they went bust , yesterday I got a cheque for £93 returned to me ,it was a nice shock

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on February 17, 2022, 01:59:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Us poor buggers in band E get nowt.

I'm with you, guess they have to draw a line somewhere, though I am sulking about it.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on February 17, 2022, 02:12:06 pm by rich1471 »
Us poor buggers in band E get nowt.

I'm with you, guess they have to draw a line somewhere, though I am sulking about it.
I'm in band A but don't have an option to opt out or pay the money back early

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on February 17, 2022, 02:22:16 pm by Filo »
I’m in band A debt free and don’t want a loan forcing on me

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 17, 2022, 04:39:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
To some, if it was a Labour plan it would have been treated in Terry Bramall proportions of generosity. However, because it's a Tory plan it's being treated in Ken Richardson proportions of tightbas**rdness.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on February 17, 2022, 05:48:02 pm by rich1471 »
To some, if it was a Labour plan it would have been treated in Terry Bramall proportions of generosity. However, because it's a Tory plan it's being treated in Ken Richardson proportions of tightbas**rdness.
Not at all I don't care what party is in charge ,it helps nobody and you still have to pay it back over 4 years,what should happen is companies making millions should lower the amount they can charge for whatever it is gas,electric petrol, Apple today have asked share holder to vote down a 73 million pound pay increase that is a installing of money.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 17, 2022, 05:54:58 pm by Filo »

Nothing to do with party allegiance, as much as you would like it to be, I just don’t want debt forced onto me

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 17, 2022, 06:14:29 pm by Superspy »
Just in case there is any confusion amongst people reading the thread, the "loan" portion of the discounts isn't related to the Council Tax band. Everybody is having the loan forced on them, only Council Tax bands A-D are getting the additional discount which doesn't have to be paid back (in theory).

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on February 17, 2022, 06:35:00 pm by drfchound »
For clarity.

The Energy Bills Rebate will provide around 28 million households with an upfront discount on their bills worth £200. Energy suppliers will apply the discount to domestic electricity customers from October, with the Government meeting the costs. The discount will then be automatically recovered from people’s bills in equal £40 instalments over the next five years. This will begin from 2023, when global wholesale gas prices are expected to come down.

Households in England, which are in council tax bands A-D, will also receive a £150 rebate. The rebate to bills will be made directly by local authorities from April. This will not need to be repaid. This one-off payment will benefit around 80 per cent of all homes in England and is £1 billion more generous and more targeted towards lower-income families than a VAT cut on energy bills.

On top of this discount, discretionary funding of £144 million will also be provided to support vulnerable people and individuals on low incomes that do not pay Council Tax, or that pay Council Tax for properties in Bands E-H.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on February 17, 2022, 06:46:18 pm by rich1471 »
The £150 is a false figure ,with the increase councils are doing it will be between £100- £80 off your council tax bill and some families on low income who don't pay council tax will get no help

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 17, 2022, 06:53:22 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Nothing to do with party allegiance, as much as you would like it to be, I just don’t want debt forced onto me
Why have you come forth? Are you a likely candidate? It's like handing yourself in to prove your innocence!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 17, 2022, 06:55:12 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Not at all I don't care what party is in charge ,it helps nobody and you still have to pay it back over 4 years,what should happen is companies making millions should lower the amount they can charge for whatever it is gas,electric petrol, Apple today have asked share holder to vote down a 73 million pound pay increase that is a installing of money.
Why have you come forth? Are you a likely candidate? It's like handing yourself in to prove your innocence!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on February 17, 2022, 06:57:20 pm by drfchound »
The £150 is a false figure ,with the increase councils are doing it will be between £100- £80 off your council tax bill and some families on low income who don't pay council tax will get no help

Was anyone expecting that there wouldn’t be a council tax increase in April?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on February 17, 2022, 06:58:53 pm by drfchound »

I suppose those that don’t want the £200 could just leave it in a bank account so it is there when each £40 is reclaimed.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on February 17, 2022, 07:19:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

It's not a real debt though per se.  Crikey they could even not show it on your bill If they chose and you'd be none the wiser.  It's only news to get the government some positive views I'm not sure why you care about it to be honest?

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 17, 2022, 07:19:22 pm by turnbull for england »

Was anyone expecting that there wouldn’t be a council tax increase in April?

Loads if you look on free press Facebook page  when they have reported the council tax increase. Some really upset with Dmbc for stealing good  old Boris 150 quid . It's painful

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on February 17, 2022, 09:54:33 pm by drfchound »

It's not a real debt though per se.  Crikey they could even not show it on your bill If they chose and you'd be none the wiser.  It's only news to get the government some positive views I'm not sure why you care about it to be honest?

If we had a Labour government making the decision I reckon that nothing detrimental would have been said.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 17, 2022, 10:16:48 pm by SydneyRover »

except that you'd still be a shitster hound

If we had a Labour government making the decision I reckon that nothing detrimental would have been said.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on February 23, 2022, 03:53:29 pm by Metalmicky »
Interesting article on the massive rises in Standing Charges..... and the case that these should be scrapped.

https://www.ft.com/content/05fc1440-5538-4072-ac46-4b87ecc3a5f3 

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 25, 2022, 08:45:11 am by rich1471 »
With the war in Ukraine how high will the cost of gas and petrol go up as some reports are saying these bills could double in the coming months

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 25, 2022, 08:53:38 am by Filo »
With the war in Ukraine how high will the cost of gas and petrol go up as some reports are saying these bills could double in the coming months

The UK gets less than 5% of it’s gas from Russia, the vast majority of UK’s gas comes from the North Sea

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 25, 2022, 11:05:58 am by River Don »

The UK gets less than 5% of it’s gas from Russia, the vast majority of UK’s gas comes from the North Sea

We still have to buy it on the open market though and this war is already impacting the market price.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 25, 2022, 06:37:22 pm by albie »
The UK has to buy at spot market prices because we decommissioned 75% of gas storage capacity in 2017.

This makes us very vulnerable to external market variables.

Gas prices also determine costs in the wider energy sector as a keynote technology.
The sooner this is revised to focus on electricity the better.

The increase in standing charges for both gas and electricity is nonsense on stilts, and is just naked profiteering from the energy providers.

The sooner they are in public ownership, with a service provision remit, the better for everyone.
There is not the slightest chance of averting rising fuel poverty across the UK under the current architecture.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 26, 2022, 12:17:32 am by RobTheRover »

Well, there's been some utter shit written on here over the years, but well done for srtting a new bar, BB

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on February 26, 2022, 12:23:56 am by RobTheRover »
The UK has to buy at spot market prices because we decommissioned 75% of gas storage capacity in 2017.

This makes us very vulnerable to external market variables.

Gas prices also determine costs in the wider energy sector as a keynote technology.
The sooner this is revised to focus on electricity the better.

The increase in standing charges for both gas and electricity is nonsense on stilts, and is just naked profiteering from the energy providers.

The sooner they are in public ownership, with a service provision remit, the better for everyone.
There is not the slightest chance of averting rising fuel poverty across the UK under the current architecture.

We have a disjointed energy policy and a government incapable of joined up thinking.  The energy trilemma is nothing new. We were highlighting this 8 or so years ago to government, just as Centrica were putting out the first murmurings of the Rough storage facility being unstable.  We are reliant on interconnects to mainland Europe for power and gas, as highlighted when the main interconnect to France in Kent burnt to a crisp 6 months ago.

Wholesale gas markets rose over 50% on the near curve yesterday, and retreated almost all of it today, but that volatility in day ahead and month ahead markets is leaching into Summer and winter 22 pricing, and in turn sucking up 23 too. Forward hedging into 23 and 24 offer value over near term, but are still close to treble the price they ordinarily should be.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 26, 2022, 04:36:04 am by BobG »
Careful Rob. People might think you know what you're talking about! Ditto Albie.

Thank you both. I am a better informed person now.

BobG

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on February 26, 2022, 07:42:02 am by Bentley Bullet »

Well, there's been some utter shit written on here over the years, but well done for srtting a new bar, BB
What strange times we are living in when telling the truth is setting a new bar!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 28, 2022, 07:06:10 pm by roversdude »
Think energy needs nationalising to protect the public, especially when you look at the profits Centrica are looking at

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 28, 2022, 08:05:28 pm by DonnyOsmond »

But it isn't a Labour plan. It's a Tory plan and the below is the harsh reality. You can defend your party all you want but they aren't helping normal people.

We had no choice said Sunak allowing a price rise of 50%.

Shell announced profits of £20 billion this morning (£900 a second) with £6 billion to be given to shareholders.

The French government announched 3 weeks ago it will limit EDF's price rise to 4%, which will cost that company c£7 billion.

One country looks after its population. The other looks after its shareholders.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012