Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 06:45:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gas Prices  (Read 41080 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Gas Prices
« Reply #870 on May 16, 2023, 09:35:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Or man who holds the purse strings states facts?  He's not the only one saying it.

Man who holds the purse strings?

That'll be the purse that has been filled to bursting by Putin's War.

I'm reading a book on the economic history of WWII. I hadn't realised that Churchill's Govt imposed taxes of 60% on the excess profits of companies that made those excess profits out of the contracts that Govt gave them for munitions supply.

If we did that to Ratcliffe's profits now, it wouldn't be his decision where to invest the money he hasn't earned. It would be the nation's decision. Just as it was in 1940.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #871 on May 16, 2023, 09:58:36 pm by Branton Red »
Man who holds the purse strings?

That'll be the purse that has been filled to bursting by Putin's War.

I'm reading a book on the economic history of WWII. I hadn't realised that Churchill's Govt imposed taxes of 60% on the excess profits of companies that made those excess profits out of the contracts that Govt gave them for munitions supply.

If we did that to Ratcliffe's profits now, it wouldn't be his decision where to invest the money he hasn't earned. It would be the nation's decision. Just as it was in 1940.

Billy

I'm reading a biography of Churchill currently.

You might be interested to know that % was 80% in the First World War and as Minister of Munitions towards the end of the war Churchill (then a Liberal) argued in favour of increasing it to 100% but the proposition was rejected by the Tories in the coalition.

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #872 on May 17, 2023, 05:57:01 am by turnbull for england »
Investment in renewables?  Like Man Utd ?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #873 on May 25, 2023, 05:19:14 pm by albie »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012