Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:49:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharps Immanent Departure  (Read 1302 times)

muff licker

• Forum Member
Sharps Immanent Departure
« on January 13, 2012, 06:58:25 pm by muff licker »
So it seems he is leaving DRFC, although it was to be expected, so if JR and the board were willing to offer him 'the best contract ever offered to a Rovers Player' i have a few Questions:

* Who are they going to bring in to replace him, IF the £1.8M that is being touted is the final fee will all of that go back into the funds to strengthen the team

* Will Diouf sign the 18mth contract, apparently Billy was the reason as to why he wanted to say as they had struck up a good understanding

* If new players are coming in will the board look at maybe signing a player(s) on decent wages (not £2k a week as part of the loan scheme they have been doing) as they were willing to offer the wages to BS to stay with the club.

One player doesnt make a team, however BS will be missed IF the rumours are true of him i wish him all the best, he will be a hard act to follow, however DRFC were in the Championship before he signed and im sure they will still be here after hes gone.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: Sharps Immanent Departure
« Reply #1 on January 13, 2012, 07:55:29 pm by wing commander »
Well the money to fund him in the first place was outside the budget,so i would expect that to go straight back to those who stumped and thats fair enough

We have to reduce the wage bill so i wouldnt expext much more than a chance on a lower league striker showing potential..

Diouf is a dubios one now,he has obviousley been waiting to see what happens,so may not now sign..

As for Billy I think its a good move,he can stay up north and as good as he is for us,i just dont think he has the pace to be a premier striker..

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 13, 2012, 08:09:43 pm by RoversAlias »
Billy is quicker than he appears. I hope he makes it into the Premier League in the very near future.

Sadly I'm not optimistic we'll even sign a lower league striker with promise, though that is the route I'd prefer us to take if we are even going to try and replace him.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 13, 2012, 08:13:37 pm by normal rules »
It has been well documented that any fee for sharp will not be ploughed back into the club. Instead it will recompense the KM 3 for monies they have outlayed to keep the club in the black.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 13, 2012, 08:17:19 pm by hoolahoop »
Quote from: \"wing commander\" post=212060
Well the money to fund him in the first place was outside the budget,so i would expect that to go straight back to those who stumped and thats fair enough

We have to reduce the wage bill so i wouldnt expext much more than a chance on a lower league striker showing potential..

Diouf is a dubios one now,he has obviousley been waiting to see what happens,so may not now sign..

As for Billy I think its a good move,he can stay up north and as good as he is for us,i just dont think he has the pace to be a premier striker..

Strangely I think this move (if happening) has disaster written all over it. Personally I can only see another Blades scenario for him but I don't begrudge him the move only is this really the right move/team/manager for this lad ? I hope I'm wrong because I would hate to see him disappear onto the bench in a blink of an eye.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012