Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 02:02:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Imagine if our club did this......  (Read 3104 times)

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
Imagine if our club did this......
« on July 01, 2018, 07:02:52 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Sheffield Wed have made another PR disaster.
Last season it was their 150 th anniversary shirt arriving months too late.
NOW Shirts for ADULTS are £99. Yep you've read it correctly. To collect on the day the players will be in the park with the fans is £99.
Shirt orders for the original £59 have all gone and now only the ultra expensive £99 ones are available.
So let's be grateful for small mercies.
For those who say it's not Donny related, I'm fully aware and you don't have to read it if you're so inclined. RTID

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Imagine if our club did this......
« Reply #1 on July 01, 2018, 07:24:46 pm by LincsRover »
Yeah but Wendies are a massive team so worth every penny of £100 for a shirt! Think I’ve been listening to too much praise or grumble! But they are massive!!! Apparently!!!  :turd:

:P :P :P

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 01, 2018, 07:29:16 pm by German Rover »
Football jerseys are already scandalously expensive, but this is just taking the piss.  English football fans must be the most ripped off in Europe, what with the ticket prices and replica shirts.

They are made very cheaply in the far east and then are sold at massive markups to the ordinary fans.  and still as a group we just lap it up.

I also find it odd that a grown man would want to walk round as a walking billboard for a train company anyway, never mind pay for the privilege. 

The only thing they will understand is if we were to stop buying the tat they pump out of club shops, but that'll never happen.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 01, 2018, 07:42:15 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Point taken GR, however my kids got me one for Father's Day and at £35 I'm content. Soon to be seen on a tiny island in the Atlantic.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 01, 2018, 08:24:06 pm by Ldr »
Point taken GR, however my kids got me one for Father's Day and at £35 I'm content. Soon to be seen on a tiny island in the Atlantic.

Rockall?

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on July 01, 2018, 09:00:16 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Bermuda

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 01, 2018, 09:03:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Can you be more pacific?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 01, 2018, 09:03:52 pm by drfchound »
No one forces anyone to buy theses shirts.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 01, 2018, 09:11:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If we're gonna pay scandalously expensive prices to watch the tat they pump out on the pitch we may as well get ripped off for the shirt as well!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 02, 2018, 11:49:03 am by Colemans Left Hook »

didn't realise Napoleon was one of your relatives u 2 going into exile (at long last)
 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 02, 2018, 02:06:38 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Only if you'll hold my hand CLH andi can get BBC sport for updates. 😂

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 02, 2018, 05:04:00 pm by coventryrover »
Its their performance version (aherm).  There is a supporters version which will be on sale, but was not ready for last weekend

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 02, 2018, 06:02:16 pm by German Rover »
Its their performance version (aherm).  There is a supporters version which will be on sale, but was not ready for last weekend

The Supporters version is still £10 more expensive than last seasons jersey of which there was only one type.  Its almost like the club are saying here have something which isn't as good as what we peddled last year, but is more expensive. 

Also the Wednesday kit is made in house which was sold to the fans as reducing costs.  Evidently these savings aren't being passed onto the consumers.

I've been on record as saying I don't buy a jersey because I think I look daft and shoudn't be as annoyed by this as I am, but modern football seems to be all about parting fans from as much of their money as possible with nothing really coming in return.  I would put money on it that all these foreign investors in the championship are interested in is getting promoted and then taking the money on offer for their own gains. 

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on July 03, 2018, 06:59:34 am by andysly »
I was in Florida a couple of years ago and went to watch Orlando v Houston. The Orlando shirts (Adidas) were around £80/90...being sold alongside similarly priced Chelsea shirts.
It's not just here

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 03, 2018, 10:00:10 am by IDM »
You would think with cost of living differences that shirts would be cheaper in Brazil too.. when I did the tour of the maracana stadium about 3 years ago, the shirts of the teams based in Rio were the equivalent of £60..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012