Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 04:48:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson  (Read 79057 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Talk Your Way Out Of This One Johnson
« Reply #1560 on June 17, 2022, 09:01:06 pm by idler »
I always vote Lib Dem hound knowing that over the last two elections Labour will still get in irrespective of my vote. The Torys will come third normally.
I deliver leaflets for the Lib Dems at local and general elections. It is a straight fight between them and Labour. The Conservatives are a distant third meaning it is their vote that is wasted.
The Lib Dems send leaflets on a regular basis. A stark contrast to the others who only appear when an election is near.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1561 on June 17, 2022, 09:08:27 pm by drfchound »
Yes mate, good for you, supporting your preferred Party.
I was passing comment earlier that bst thinks it is a waste of a vote if someone votes for a Party that can’t win.
I disagree with that point of view because I believe that people can vote for whoever they want to, irrespective of whether they can win or not.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1562 on June 18, 2022, 01:04:14 am by SydneyRover »
Apparently he's gone to Kyiv instead!!
Says summat when he feels safer flying into a War Zone than driving  to Donny!!
He truly is a Lionheart lol!!!

Afghanistan, a fridge, Ukraine, anywhere but where he doesn't have to face up to being questioned. He's like a small children being praised ..... they keep on doing it. Carrie working her socks off trying to keep him in office ....... and the marriage.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1563 on June 18, 2022, 01:12:29 am by SydneyRover »
I always vote Lib Dem hound knowing that over the last two elections Labour will still get in irrespective of my vote. The Torys will come third normally.
I deliver leaflets for the Lib Dems at local and general elections. It is a straight fight between them and Labour. The Conservatives are a distant third meaning it is their vote that is wasted.
The Lib Dems send leaflets on a regular basis. A stark contrast to the others who only appear when an election is near.

I have great difficulty with wasted votes and always think of those that fought to give us the privilege idler

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1564 on June 18, 2022, 02:56:31 am by SydneyRover »
Just listened to ''A boozy dinner with David Davis'' an interview on Politico ........ some interesting points, the first is at about 7min in where he said the interview with Andrew Neil (the night before) he thought the question about brexit benefits was about NI not brexit in general!!! and that people should think right-wrong before they think right-left (provided one practises it I guess)

https://www.politico.eu/

And his voting record ............

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10162/david_davis/haltemprice_and_howden/votes

hmmm

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 03:40:11 am by SydneyRover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1565 on June 18, 2022, 09:43:12 am by drfchound »

I have great difficulty with wasted votes and always think of those that fought to give us the privilege idler

Surely a wasted vote is one that isn’t cast.
A vote for a Party that might not win isn’t a wasted one in my opinion.
People have the right to vote for whoever they want to, not for who someone else wants you to vote for.
It is called democracy.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1566 on June 18, 2022, 10:43:01 am by Donnywolf »
13 million plus did not vote in Referendum

13 million plus did not vote in last GE

Wasted their fought for votes (by others on  their behalf) and I hope none of them moan because they had a chance to alter a vote (even narrowing or increasing the majority in a Constituency) and didn't

There ... That's a political point made that takes no sides imo

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #1567 on June 18, 2022, 11:02:17 am by idler »

Sydney, I felt that I couldn’t vote for Labour under Corbin and didn’t want a Tory MP.
We had also recently had a Liberal MP in our constituency.
I vote in every election as we have postal votes in case we are on holiday.
I would have felt more like I had wasted my vote if it had been cast for a party I didn’t believe in or my vote allowed a party I didn’t want to get in.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1568 on June 18, 2022, 11:18:21 am by SydneyRover »
It wasn't criticism idler just passing comment
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 11:07:00 pm by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1569 on June 18, 2022, 11:28:14 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Sydney, I felt that I couldn’t vote for Labour under Corbin and didn’t want a Tory MP.
I would have felt more like I had wasted my vote if it had been cast for a party I didn’t believe in or my vote allowed a party I didn’t want to get in.

And that's the problem with FPTP.

Idler. I'd say your vote was "symbolic" as it registered for the party you voted for, but "wasted" in that it had zero influence on the result.

Under FPTP, many people are faced with this dilemma of practically wasting their vote, or calculating how to vote for someone they don't want to, in order to get a least bad outcome.

No-one should ever have to do that in a democracy.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1570 on June 18, 2022, 02:21:32 pm by ravenrover »
My best regards to Doncaster

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #1571 on June 18, 2022, 03:55:37 pm by Donnywolf »
I see he's also being accused of doing "Heil Hitler" salutes ... One right there at the Despatch box thrown at the Opposition Benches

Only he will know if he means them

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1572 on June 18, 2022, 05:30:42 pm by drfchound »

And that's the problem with FPTP.

Idler. I'd say your vote was "symbolic" as it registered for the party you voted for, but "wasted" in that it had zero influence on the result.

Under FPTP, many people are faced with this dilemma of practically wasting their vote, or calculating how to vote for someone they don't want to, in order to get a least bad outcome.

No-one should ever have to do that in a democracy.

So it appears to be the case that you think that people should only vote for one of the the two biggest Party’s.
Do you really think that anyone who votes for a different Party to Tory or Labour is wasting their vote?
Is that really what being a democracy means to you.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #1573 on June 18, 2022, 05:41:45 pm by BobG »
Oh Hound please. .  Thinking in headlines never did do anybody any good.

BobG

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1574 on June 18, 2022, 05:44:14 pm by drfchound »
Oh Hound please. .  Thinking in headlines never did do anybody any good.

BobG

My question to him is perfectly reasonable Bob, given his rationale.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #1575 on June 18, 2022, 05:45:19 pm by scawsby steve »

That privilege also includes abstention.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1576 on June 18, 2022, 11:08:17 pm by SydneyRover »
Yep Steve people fought and died to not vote

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1577 on June 18, 2022, 11:25:45 pm by tyke1962 »

Not read today's Guardian yet Syd ?

Anything on there you might want to link tonight matey ?

If you are busy looking for anti Tory stuff on there and missed it then fair enough .

I could give you a clue but I'm not , let's see if you find it .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1578 on June 18, 2022, 11:27:25 pm by SydneyRover »

If you are busy looking for anti Tory stuff on there and missed it then fair enough .

even to an idiot you must appear silly a lot of the time tyke, your scribblings all about the injustice mainly reflect upon the party you help to put in power, go figure, oh and let's not forget the other half of your complaints relate to party you won't vote for.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 11:52:11 pm by SydneyRover »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1579 on June 19, 2022, 12:01:50 am by tyke1962 »

even to an idiot you must appear silly a lot of the time tyke, your scribblings all about the injustice mainly reflect upon the party you help to put in power, go figure, oh and let's not forget the other half of your complaints relate to party you won't vote for.

I was hoping you'd be getting warmer Syd .

Clearly not .

Oh well .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1580 on June 19, 2022, 12:04:41 am by SydneyRover »
The the remainder of your time spent railing against the Guardian that you thought was owned by billionaires, you're a funny guy tyke.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1581 on June 19, 2022, 12:10:22 am by wilts rover »

Clearly not .

Oh well .

People fought and died to not vote - it was the aniversary of Jo Cox's death last week -is that what you are referencing tyke?

Tho don't think that is prominent on the Guardian website at the moment - maybe its: Byelections will hasten Boris Johnson's political end?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1582 on June 19, 2022, 02:42:45 am by SydneyRover »
The campaign for 'wilderness over government' and 'perfect before the good' rules ok

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1583 on June 19, 2022, 07:53:19 am by drfchound »

Clearly not .

Oh well .

People fought and died to not vote - it was the aniversary of Jo Cox's death last week -is that what you are referencing tyke?

Tho don't think that is prominent on the Guardian website at the moment - maybe its: Byelections will hasten Boris Johnson's political end?

Wilts, it was Syd who wrote the fought and died line, not tyke.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #1584 on June 19, 2022, 08:45:43 am by tyke1962 »

Clearly not .

Oh well .

Wilts let me make it clear I'd never use the murder of an MP irrespective of the colour of their rosette to score political points .

So no I wasn't referencing that .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1585 on June 19, 2022, 08:52:40 am by wilts rover »

Clearly not .

Oh well .

And then tyke challenged him about something in todays Guardian relating to it and to say what it was.

I was attempting to guess what it was tyke was refering to?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1586 on June 19, 2022, 09:45:27 am by ravenrover »
This mysteriously disappeared from the published edition, wonder why?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1587 on June 19, 2022, 10:23:35 am by SydneyRover »
« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 10:28:08 am by SydneyRover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1588 on June 19, 2022, 10:36:33 am by drfchound »

Clearly not .

Oh well .

And then tyke challenged him about something in todays Guardian relating to it and to say what it was.

I was attempting to guess what it was tyke was refering to?

I would suggest that tyke was referring to something else.
Having looked myself, I think it is something that Syd wouldn’t want to talk about.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1589 on June 20, 2022, 12:52:52 pm by SydneyRover »
Apparently johnson is having rhinoplasty ................

TinyPortal © 2005-2012