Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 08:06:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Barrow game  (Read 3701 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Barrow game
« on February 12, 2023, 12:51:11 pm by selby »
  If ever there was a time we could pick for a return fixture against a team that were flying unexpectedly at one time this could be the game, they mullered us at their place taking our defence to pieces with fast direct attacks the players we had at the time were incapable of matching for pace, Long being absolutely taken to the cleaners and the whole team having one of those games too often dished up this season when the whole lot playing were way off the mark required either as a team or individually.
   So there is a bit of a reason to get a bit giddy with the last two results and the better performances of the last few games, even at the Orient and Hartlepool games we lost we performed a little better so things are looking better.
   It's great, a chink of light at the end of the tunnel hopefully and we can carry on improving, and this game has a lot on it for me, to start with its an elusive third game we are aiming to go unbeaten, we can get in the mix with a win and pressurise some teams above, and the best way to do that in my honest opinion is by picking the same team if possible apart from injuries and being consistent in our approach to games, and go for it.
  The new players have made a big difference, are just what we needed and hopefully players like Rowe and Anderson can stay fit as they could be vital to our game plan from now on, even the game time Faulkner and Ravenhill should get is to our advantage and both need recall systems in place after the first month as cover for any silly eventualities  that can occur to the end of the season. I hope the club are proactive for a change and cover all bases.
  Barrow look to have fallen a little since the start of the season when they taught us a lesson, but will be a challenge, so what do you think?
   Lots to discuss about this game, and after the meet the owners on Monday so everyone should have had their say on all matters,  so this is the chance to talk about the game Tuesday, Please do so.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roversdude

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the Barrow game
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2023, 01:55:17 pm by roversdude »
Just hope CBCB doesn’t curse us

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2023, 02:02:57 pm by Chris Black come back »
They've got a poor away record in the league. Last 10 away league games they have won only once (2-3 at Mansfield). They managed a clean sheet and 0-0 away at Leyton Orient, the week after we were there last month, so can turn it on now and again. Their away record in the league is not as good as our own (16 vs 18 points).

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2023, 03:47:19 pm by les@donr »
I think we will win this game.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2023, 04:39:51 pm by Campsall rover »
We need to win this one. On paper it’s our easiest game of our next 4 games.
Some huge games coming up. If we win the next 2 we could have over 10.000 for the Bradford match.
They will bring 3.000 maybe more.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2023, 05:18:38 pm by roversdude »
I think Bradford have sold their allocation already (or at least initial lot)

Barrow are there for the taking  - replicate what we did against Swindon and we win by 3 maybe 4, play like first half of Tranmere and we get beat
« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 05:20:42 pm by roversdude »

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2023, 05:49:41 pm by rich1471 »
We need to win this one. On paper it’s our easiest game of our next 4 games.
Some huge games coming up. If we win the next 2 we could have over 10.000 for the Bradford match.
They will bring 3.000 maybe more.
Matt Derbyshire scored a cracking goal yesterday

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2023, 07:30:56 pm by ncRover »
I feel like the Barrow and Sutton games will be tougher for us than Stockport and Bradford

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2023, 08:43:34 pm by Donnywolf »
I thought we started well against Barrow and said , this could be the night we get some consistency in our game

Then we fell apart

It was a good 8 minutes or so though till we fell apart

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2023, 08:46:13 pm by Thorney »
I'd happily take a 1-0 win.

3 clean sheets in a row. Did we ever dream that would happen?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2023, 09:01:44 pm by Chris Black come back »
I'd happily take a 1-0 win.

3 clean sheets in a row. Did we ever dream that would happen?

Last time we had 3 league clean sheets in a row was same time we had 2 league clean sheets - the run under Moore in January of the 2020/21 season which encompassed 1-0 v Rochdale, 2-0 v AFC Wimbledon and then 1-0 v Lincoln City.

This was followed by a 3-2 win v Oxford United, then it all went to shit and he ended up leaving not too long after. The rest as they say is history. Rather shit history at that.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2023, 09:32:59 pm by les@donr »
Barrow have a poor away record, and with two wins on the bounce, confidence will be high in our squad, and now have some positive momentum, I predict we will beat Barrow on Tuesday :)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 13, 2023, 09:25:47 am by Bessie Red »
I thought we started well against Barrow and said , this could be the night we get some consistency in our game

Then we fell apart

It was a good 8 minutes or so though till we fell apart
We were terrible that night, and I thought Barrow looked very good, they were quick, tenacious and clinical, and to top it off I got a speeding ticket on the way home, thoroughly miserable night. Looks like they have dipped in form over the last month or so. If we keep it tight at the back I'm hopeful of a positive result.

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 13, 2023, 10:28:49 am by Bailey Vickerage »
although they battered us at their place I’m confident we will make it 3 in a row tomorrow night. Ben Whitfield is their main man with 5 goals and 10 assists to his name this season and looked quality in the reverse fixture, if we can keep him quiet like we did with Austin and Williams on Saturday then we’ve got a very good chance.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 13, 2023, 10:46:43 am by Metalmicky »
Barrow manager not too happy with things and the sending off in last game..... they are appealing it apparently.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/23315804.wild-fumes-barrow-defeat-feely-red-carded/

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 13, 2023, 11:12:20 am by drfchound »
Barrow manager not too happy with things and the sending off in last game..... they are appealing it apparently.

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/23315804.wild-fumes-barrow-defeat-feely-red-carded/

The ref was Stockbridge.  Hard to believe that he could get something wrong isn’t it.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 13, 2023, 12:15:25 pm by Filo »

Reading that it sounds like he was having a Kevin Keegan moment

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 13, 2023, 12:16:23 pm by roversdude »
Unfortunately the ref for Tuesday is Thomas Kirk who reffed us at home v Mansfield. General consensus was he had a decent first half but shocking second half

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 13, 2023, 12:42:43 pm by elmsallrover »
Don't go on about barrow have a  bad away record so did Walsall and look what happend that night

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 13, 2023, 12:55:11 pm by drfchound »
I just had a look at the league table and ourselves and Barrow have an almost identical record this season, even the goal difference is the same at minus five.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 14, 2023, 04:48:45 am by Sammy Chung was King »
If our team is on its game from the start we will win, I fancy George to get a goal as well.
If we start indifferently we will allow them to build confidence and lose the game.
Right from the off we need to be going for the win. Nothing to fear, go out there and win the game.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 14, 2023, 05:08:57 am by ncRover »
Is tonight’s game on ifollow for video? I struggle to make weekday games.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 14, 2023, 06:15:22 am by Donnywolf »
Yes .... 100% ....on DROS

Enjoy it

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on February 14, 2023, 06:00:15 pm by Filo »
Ifollow for me tonight, not because I don’t want to be there, but because I can’t having had General Anaesthetic today, and forbidden to drive

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 14, 2023, 06:16:27 pm by Alickismyhero »
Is tonight’s game on ifollow for video? I struggle to make weekday games.

Fingers crossed that is!!!!!!!!!!!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 14, 2023, 06:37:54 pm by karldew »
I’m going 2-1 tonight. Miller & Olowu

The away game was just embarrassing. The counter attacks with our CMs being non existent, Tomlin being a luxury player and Clayton dropping deeper than the CB’s. Hopefully much has changed since then.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 14, 2023, 06:53:39 pm by Metalmicky »

I see their appeal against the red card (Feely) was unsuccessful....

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 14, 2023, 06:53:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
Tom Anderson is injured and not involved tonight. It looks like Tommy Rowe comes in to the centre of defence alongside Nelson and Olowu. Otherwise exact same side.

Anyone know what has happened to Jones and Bottomley? Neither are in squad again.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 14, 2023, 06:57:35 pm by normal rules »
Tonight’s starting 11.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 14, 2023, 09:49:49 pm by normal rules »
With Bradford, Stockport and Mansfield winning, that’s a huge result tonight for rovers.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012