Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:29:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: the new rule  (Read 1704 times)

selby

• VSC Member
the new rule
« on June 13, 2022, 09:17:05 am by selby »
  So a team can play five subs in a game, three subs that are made when the game is in progress as before for injury or tactical reasons, but two additional ones that can be made during the half time stoppage period as well.
  Hopefully a good chance for younger players to get game time and be blooded into the first team set up. A big change probably in the managers approach to team selection and tactical thinking, and hard to know where it will lead the game as far as spectators are concerned watching the game, will a team with say a two goal lead at half time completely change their tactics, and will other teams losing badly go completely gung ho.
   It certainly will become a talking point, will test the managers ability to change things, and will be interesting to see if it pans out for the good of the game especially the spectators experience.
  Whats your thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: the new rule
« Reply #1 on June 13, 2022, 09:57:26 am by DaveDRFC »
That's not what the new rule is. 5 subs but only 3 times you can make subs, plus one additional at half time. So you could make no changes at half time, 2 on 70 mins, 2 on 80 mins and 1 on 90 mins. So I would guess it will make pretty much no difference to the existing rules. I can see why they have said only 3 instances as you would get the Wycombes of this world using all 5 separately after 90 minutes to waste time.

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/june/number-of-substitutes-in-efl-league-fixtures-increases/

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 13, 2022, 10:07:55 am by BobG »
I pay to watch 11 men play 11 men.

BobG

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 13, 2022, 11:44:43 am by danumdon »
This will massively benefit the bigger teams with the stronger squad of players, most will be introducing junior and youth players as subs whilst the bigger clubs will be able to switch like for like players.

The uneven playing field gets worse.

Pliskin

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 13, 2022, 01:37:23 pm by Pliskin »
Barely anyone in League 2 will have 5 substitutes worth bringing on.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 14, 2022, 07:16:52 am by phil old leake »
For me I don’t like the idea. 

It allows managers a get out.  A managers job is to select a team after assessing the opponents

If it goes wrong then it’s down to tactics

I agree with you DD

This also gives a distinct advantage to wealthier clubs who can fill their benches with quality

Teams-like us last year who were putting kids on the bench will be at a disadvantage

I can’t see young lads getting more of a chance.  It will probably mean teams without strong benches will only use 3 subs unless their winning easily and the opponents will be able to change half their team

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 15, 2022, 05:25:27 pm by ss1953 »
I have said in several previous posts, that subs should not be allowed after 75 minutes. Stops time wasting tactics.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 15, 2022, 08:03:11 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I understand it as an idea of minimising injuries, but the difference with the rule change is pretty minimal if anything at all. Another way is for players to play within themselves, pace themselves.

I agree with the 11v11 as mentioned above. A sub for an injury is fair. Simple.

How long before we have rolling subs, a defensive and an attacking set up made of entirely different players?

And yes, definitely advantage to the money, as always.

Young players do fine with the U23 system and loans.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 15, 2022, 11:00:46 pm by danumdon »
Someone mentioned they were also talking about looking into having 30mins in total of playing time for each half. This would make sense and cut out all the time wasting as the clock would stop when the ball was not in play and whist teams made their ten substitutions per match.

This should of been something that was taken up on a long time ago, take it out of the refs hands and give it too an official timekeeper as in Rugby League.

Just do it and at the same time look at the offside rule again and simplify the thing so that all refs including the substandard ones we will be having next season can deal with it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 15, 2022, 11:22:57 pm by drfchound »
I understand it as an idea of minimising injuries, but the difference with the rule change is pretty minimal if anything at all. Another way is for players to play within themselves, pace themselves.

I agree with the 11v11 as mentioned above. A sub for an injury is fair. Simple.

How long before we have rolling subs, a defensive and an attacking set up made of entirely different players?

And yes, definitely advantage to the money, as always.

Young players do fine with the U23 system and loans.

Subs for injuries is fair.
The problem is that if that was the only way a sub could be used, that players would suffer from fake injuries so that the substitution could be made.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 16, 2022, 04:45:29 am by Sammy Chung was King »
It should be the normal three substitutions and one emergency, which a doctor has to come on and pass as an emergency sub. Clubs will look to navigate the rules, it’s human nature.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012