Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 09:54:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Barnsley FC  (Read 2581 times)

les@donr

• Forum Member
Re: Barnsley FC
« Reply #30 on May 04, 2024, 12:18:40 am by les@donr »
….and maybe Sheff We’d.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on May 04, 2024, 08:05:57 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Surely Barnsley just have to go all out attack now and try and get an early goal?  Nothing to lose.

The guy who scored two for Bolton looks a really good player.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 04, 2024, 08:29:35 am by Donnywolf »
Looked like a foul on the keeper for the third.

Agree and 2 questions

1 how the hell can Ref allow that

2 probably one for Barnsley Coaches , how or why did they let their keeper get taken out. There are usually all in wrestling matches trying to "take the keeper out" or "prevent the keeper being taken out"

Barnsley had a tough job at 1-2 but due to that goal now face a mammoth task at 1-3

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 04, 2024, 08:31:33 am by colincramb »
I honestly think if we can get up this season we could have a right go next year with the momentum we will have. Outside of a few clubs, the standard doesn’t look much more than L2 and you could argue there’s been some much better teams in our league this season than a lot of the teams in L1.

Put it this way, I don’t think we’d be looking over our shoulder next season IF we get there.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on May 04, 2024, 09:21:29 am by Spud »
Surely Barnsley just have to go all out attack now and try and get an early goal?  Nothing to lose.

The guy who scored two for Bolton looks a really good player.

Our lass's nephew, Dion Charles.
Her quote, when he got the first last night "about time he got his f@@king hair cut"

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 04, 2024, 09:53:12 am by tyke1962 »
Our club's have or are entering the play offs from two entirely different positions , Rovers fans can't wait to get it on after such an astonishing run of form whilst ourselves were actually dreading them .

I can't see any other outcome than Rovers winning at Wembley such is the momentum .

No need to wish you luck because you won't need it .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 04, 2024, 10:26:20 am by Donnywolf »
Why Tyke did BFC down their Manager when they did ? Apologies if you answered this elsewhere

Timing seemed odd as they could have left him in place and offed him if you didn't get up or let him go if early results didn't go your way if promoted ?

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 07, 2024, 10:24:41 pm by Silkscarf »
Oh dear. Too little too late it seems.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 07, 2024, 11:02:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Not sure how Barnsley have had a crap season Tyke.
Been in the top 6 all season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 07, 2024, 11:16:24 pm by Chris Black come back »
Sounds like Herbie has been agitating to leave and is out of contract this summer. Can’t imagine he fancies another season in League One.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 07, 2024, 11:22:49 pm by IDM »
depends if that's his level now?  worth a punt.? :chair:

DINGLE

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 08, 2024, 03:10:54 am by DINGLE »
Not sure how Barnsley have had a crap season Tyke.
Been in the top 6 all season.

It’s been the worst quality league one we’ve ever been in, some truely shocking teams, and ours is one of them. We’ve some how allowed the most recent head coach, to abandon our philosophy of playing fast paced, attacking, high pressing, organised, energetic football, to adopt a we can’t really be bothered let’s just go through the motions approach. The footballs been boring, and very poor, the fitness levels have been shocking compared to what we’re used to, we’ve not looked like a team all season, no togetherness what so ever, disorganised, no commitment, no fight, we’ve just not been up for the challenge, and we’ve been very very lucky, in fact the clown in charge is probably the luckiest head coach we’ve ever had, the amount of games we’ve won which we shouldn’t have is absolutely laughable to be honest.

LakesideOwl

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 08, 2024, 12:41:38 pm by LakesideOwl »
I happen to be torn for both reasons, i don't think they'll do it though, as of Wednesday i truly hope they fail to stay up
Ey, no need for that!

I second this!  :lol:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012