Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:53:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Didn't go to Rochdale what was it like  (Read 2445 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Didn't go to Rochdale what was it like
« on September 12, 2017, 09:43:42 pm by phil old leake »
Can anyone who went tonight describe what it was like

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Didn't go to Rochdale what was it like
« Reply #1 on September 12, 2017, 09:44:26 pm by MrFrost »
I watched it.
Two very poor teams. And we lost

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 12, 2017, 09:46:52 pm by phil old leake »
Were we as bad as at Northampton

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 12, 2017, 09:48:32 pm by MachoMadness »
Bottle job. Again.

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 12, 2017, 09:49:33 pm by Donnyjim »
Losing a game in stoppage time when 1-0 up sums up DF and this team at the moment. We are heading down I'm afraid.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 12, 2017, 09:50:53 pm by donnievic »
Barely deserved a draw and got f**k all,tried for last 12 min to play time out with ball in corner,free kick 40 yard out 8 mins to go and only 1 person in front of ball,lawlor prob had his best game

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 12, 2017, 09:51:19 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Losing a game in stoppage time when 1-0 up sums up DF and this team at the moment. We are heading down I'm afraid.

We've got 39 games left. We might win the league by 20 points.
We might not as well like 😀😀

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 12, 2017, 11:26:01 pm by Donnybax »
It was a game in terrible conditions between two very poor sides.
Ben Khemis had one of the worst half hours of football I've ever seen and we were being destroyed down the left. Garrett was poor all game.

Houghton played well but obviously lacking a bit of fitness. Marquis was awful. Williams worked really hard but it just wasn't happening for him. Coppinger was the only one who looked like creating anything.
We somehow managed to get ourselves in front and then just fell to sleep. Their player had a tap in from a corner unmarked. We completely lost concentration.   

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 12, 2017, 11:32:37 pm by dickos1 »
Terrible conditions, poor game,
Shouldn't have lost,
Williams and marquis poor,
Midfield we're all decent I thought
Full backs struggled, centre halves did ok
Lawlor very good

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 12, 2017, 11:33:05 pm by StocksArmy »
Just back. I have no idea where this complete lack of confidence throughout the whole squad has come from. As i said in a previous post, the injury to Danny Andrew is disasterous. We totally miss his delivery into our strikers and have looked a shadow of the team we were without him. Garratt is still learning but at the minute he is not the answer. Why sign Toffollo and not play him? Tonight was one of those "the team who makes the fewest mistakes wins the game" type of nights. Unfortunately for us it was us. Awful conditions, awful night and we move onto Scunny. To finish off and I know you may not all agree but, I never want to see Andy Williams in a red and white shirt ever again. Not even warming the bench.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 12, 2017, 11:38:15 pm by dickos1 »
I agree about Williams
Doesn't even look like he's played the game before.
Try's to make it look like he's trying all the time when in reality he's cheating

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 12, 2017, 11:56:54 pm by pib »
It was dire.

If it wasn't for Lawlor they would've been out of sight after half an hour, and they are a hard-working but very average side.

Absolutely dumbfounded by the way it all unfolded at the end.  Ridiculous even by our standards.

Feeling more and more glass-half-empty about this season the more I see of us.  We look garbage at the minute.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 13, 2017, 12:44:31 am by Lesonthewest »
That was awful from both sides even allowing for the conditions, think they did their homework on us as they were hitting us on the left at every opportunity & crossing the ball at will first half. Felt gutted at the end for the players as they put plenty of effort in, especially Butler, Wright & Lawlor.  Midfield was ok but dear me our strikers were rubbish, Marquis is a pale shadow of the player I watched last season, his hold up play, running off the ball & bringing others into play has gone. Williams was far & away the worst player on that pitch tonight & if we are relying on him to score us goals then god help us, we really need a target man for Marquis to play off.

If we continue to play like that we will get thumped by Scunny let alone Arsenal, we created virtually nothing tonight & although we didn't deserve to lose given the effort we put in, we didn't deserve to win it either. Would love to see the stats on how many times we allow balls crossed into box per game, has to one of the highest in the league.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 13, 2017, 01:21:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think you're right there Les about the crossing at will. Without orthodox full backs, or full backs who don't practice the artform of preventing the crosses, you're inviting trouble.

With Danny Andrew, we at least had the left side more secure. On the right, Mason or Alcock are ok in a traditional back four.

Sounds like I'm dismissing a back 3 but that's a whole different defensive ball game.

As many have said. We've got to get back to basics pronto.

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 13, 2017, 01:34:09 am by Akinfenwa »
I didn't think that Rochdale looked a particularly good team but they created enough openings to win the game comfortably if they were more clinical with them. The most obvious of course was the missed penalty, a crap penalty but saved well by Lawlor. He made a number of good saves at crucial moments to keep us in it.

We got murdered down our left side in the first half when Khemis was on. He went AWOL whenever we didn't have the ball. Probably why he was hauled off before half time.

We offered very little attacking-wise except from the scruffy goal, and possibly a few moments where we were one final ball away from creating something. The hold up play was poor, and neither striker could've trapped a bag of cement let alone a football.

With 90 seconds to go I thought that we'd been lucky to have won this one. But Rochdale kept going and as is often the case with this team, it doesn't take much pressure for everything to unravel defensively.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 13, 2017, 01:00:12 pm by Pancho Regan »
Can anyone who went tonight describe what it was like

Possibly the best pre-match and half-time music I've heard at a football match, ever.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 13, 2017, 01:27:23 pm by dickos1 »
I thought that pancho

TinyPortal © 2005-2012