Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 06:39:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: MOTM  (Read 1917 times)

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
MOTM
« on September 17, 2017, 09:26:14 pm by esdailles left foot »
Now we all know Matthew is no conventional right back. But Morris cut him a new asshole this afternoon.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: MOTM
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2017, 09:31:04 pm by dickos1 »
Not sure he did
Blair I thought played well, best performance of the season for him, and Rowe

esdailles left foot

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 17, 2017, 09:34:28 pm by esdailles left foot »
he did where i was sat.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 17, 2017, 10:28:32 pm by bobjimwilly »
I don't thing the defence played badly at all. Not even sure it was necessarily their fault for the goal, although the defence will always take collective responsibility when we concede from a set piece...again...

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 17, 2017, 10:37:29 pm by steve@dcfd »
Now we all know Matthew is no conventional right back. But Morris cut him a new asshole this afternoon.

No he did not that is fictional he beat him once in the second half that's all.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2017, 10:52:00 pm by Lesonthewest »
I don't thing the defence played badly at all. Not even sure it was necessarily their fault for the goal, although the defence will always take collective responsibility when we concede from a set piece...again...

The problem for me is we are asking midfielders turned into full backs to defend set pieces, not good.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 17, 2017, 10:58:48 pm by RedJ »

Well it was Blair's fault because he was on the post right next to where the ball went in... f**k all point having men on the post if they don't react.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 18, 2017, 08:25:07 am by mrfrostsdad »

Wright lost his man. Let him get in front of him and didn't even get a decent jump/challenge in. Of course it was the defences fault

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 18, 2017, 08:43:41 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Wright lost his man. Let him get in front of him and didn't even get a decent jump/challenge in. Of course it was the defences fault

It was Marquis wasn't it?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 18, 2017, 09:08:03 am by selby »
Although I dont blame Blair directly for the goal,the original corner came when he was run down the right and was beaten on the outside,but managed to block the cross at the expence of a corner.
   this was after 10 minutes and Scunthorpe consistently attacking down that flank like every team in the last 6 games because that is where we are consistently vulnerable.
  We need some proper defenders in the wide areas,not wingers who  cannot tackle and defending and positional sense does not come natural,and very rarely get distance on kicking the ball out of defence to give the front men the run on defenders.
   We could learn a lot off teams like Scunthorpe,whose defenders kept their shape,men between the ball and the goal,and did not mess with the ball when having to get rid of it at the back.
   That and Bishop picking up the pieces in front of them,a player not blessed with any particular pace,but a football brain that spots danger and deals with it made it very hard for us to get a grip on the game.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 18, 2017, 09:10:03 am by donny dave »
Marquis was marking the scorer.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 18, 2017, 09:40:59 am by bobjimwilly »

explains a lot. Maquis also nearly cost us another couple, giving the ball away in stupid positions. He shouldn't even be in a position to give the ball away - he should be up field screaming for the killer pass...

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 18, 2017, 09:52:36 am by anton123 »
Should of been a goal kick not a corner in first place but that is are luck at the minute

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 18, 2017, 11:33:26 am by mrfrostsdad »

It was Marquis wasn't it?

Ok fair enough. I thought Wright was nearest to him

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 18, 2017, 11:33:32 am by RoversAlias »
I thought Wright lost the man and Marquis then failed to win the header once Novak had gotten into the position he scored from.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 18, 2017, 11:35:10 am by mrfrostsdad »
I thought Wright lost the man and Marquis then failed to win the header once Novak had gotten into the position he scored from.

Either way it was shite defending

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 18, 2017, 11:53:43 am by drfchound »
When the opposition has a corner and Marquis is in our own box, he is a defender.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012