Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 09:41:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: worldwide tv..  (Read 2925 times)

wing commander

• Forum Member
worldwide tv..
« on October 13, 2017, 11:42:53 am by wing commander »
     A friend found this earlier this week....While I appreciate the money involved for the clubs and tv rights etc..Surely the line has to be drawn somewhere before the humble fan is forced out the game....

Brighton vs Everton moved to 1.30pm Sunday kick-off so it can be shown live in India... but the game isn't on UK TV.

This means Everton fans have to get up at 6:30am just so it can be shown on Television

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: worldwide tv..
« Reply #1 on October 13, 2017, 11:54:55 am by NickDRFC »
Clubs stopped caring about fans when the TV money became big business. Sad but true.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 13, 2017, 12:09:37 pm by wing commander »
  It's finding the balance for me...fans demand success and that costs serious money, eventually there will come a point when fans say enough it's not worth the offset...Big clubs in the premiership are owned by overseas companies/people who don't care so much about the fans, more the brand of the club....
   Luckily for clubs like ours we have owners and officials who do but we are still a big part of the revenue of course even though we don't meet it all...I'm surprised that fans in the top leagues don't make more of it..I can imagine the uproar on here if we would have to play Charlton at 12.00 for no other reason than it was being shown live on tv in Timbuktu...

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 13, 2017, 12:59:35 pm by deebee »
Imagine what the game would be like on TV if the stadiums were empty.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 13, 2017, 03:54:52 pm by rich1471 »
I was reading last week an Italian club has been fined for poor home attendances as they do not meet the required amount

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 13, 2017, 04:33:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Imagine what the game would be like on TV if the stadiums were empty.

They'd just CGI a crowd in and pump canned crowd noises on top.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 13, 2017, 05:17:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I was reading last week an Italian club has been fined for poor home attendances as they do not meet the required amount

Did you mean Celta Vigo in Spain?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 13, 2017, 06:33:44 pm by silent majority »

Its not so much that the poor crowd is the issue. Italian clubs are instructed to ensure that parts of the ground that are covered by the tv cameras are seen to be well attended. If that means they have to move fans to achieve that then that's what they need to do.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 13, 2017, 06:39:38 pm by silent majority »
  It's finding the balance for me...fans demand success and that costs serious money, eventually there will come a point when fans say enough it's not worth the offset...Big clubs in the premiership are owned by overseas companies/people who don't care so much about the fans, more the brand of the club....
   Luckily for clubs like ours we have owners and officials who do but we are still a big part of the revenue of course even though we don't meet it all...I'm surprised that fans in the top leagues don't make more of it..I can imagine the uproar on here if we would have to play Charlton at 12.00 for no other reason than it was being shown live on tv in Timbuktu...

But fans in the top leagues do make more of it. Fan reps from all PL clubs met with the PL earlier this week and kick off times were top of the agenda. There has been a few statements this week to that effect.

Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 13, 2017, 07:10:16 pm by Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin »
There's actually no time difference between Britain and Timbuktu but other than that fair enough.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 13, 2017, 07:16:55 pm by NickDRFC »

Its not so much that the poor crowd is the issue. Italian clubs are instructed to ensure that parts of the ground that are covered by the tv cameras are seen to be well attended. If that means they have to move fans to achieve that then that's what they need to do.

It's a Spanish club who have been fined, Celta Vigo.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 13, 2017, 10:14:14 pm by silent majority »

It's a Spanish club who have been fined, Celta Vigo.

Yep. Guilty of not checking the details. Still correct though in as much as the tv deal is what this is all about.

As detailed here;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/19/la-liga-clubs-to-be-fined-if-empty-seats-appear-on-television/

« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:19:15 pm by silent majority »

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 13, 2017, 10:25:09 pm by rich1471 »
sorry my mistake was sure it was from Italy, but still getting fined for poor attendances how does that help them they even reduced the price to £13

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 14, 2017, 12:12:16 am by anne honemous »
This is what happens when the Premier League pimps itself to the highest bidder.

TV companies seize control of being able to call the shots on both dates and kick off times and fans are forgotten due to the vast amounts of money involved.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 14, 2017, 12:05:31 pm by sheffield exile1 »
I am sur that fans of York, Stockport and Darlington are big fans of the whims of TV (and if you look at the conference and now the lower one) Halifax, Chester and Wrexham, and going further back Gateshead Workington and Barrow. Money-wise and fit chairmen, football is a cruel business!

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 14, 2017, 01:44:20 pm by bedale rover »
I was in Greece recently and saw a little of the Greek superleague the stadiums were empty
Rows and rows of empty seats

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 14, 2017, 02:34:40 pm by sheffield exile1 »
I was in Greece recently and saw a little of the Greek superleague the stadiums were empty
Rows and rows of empty seats

If in Greece can you actually afford to watch your team? Don't know the demographics but would assume in an island economy with multiple islands as opposed to one land mass and the fact that  their pensions, redundancy and legacy terms have been decimated including  nil job oportunities, and youth unemployment aroud 50% would mean paying difficult. I don't want to cloud this by saying what I think of the EU but this is conceptual...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012