Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:24:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Luke McCullough  (Read 2526 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Luke McCullough
« on February 10, 2018, 05:53:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Oh, how I've missed this guy.

Collects the ball with a quality touch, brings it forward, pings passes around and does something some of our other midfielders struggle with in pressing/tackling the opposition instead of letting them run at us.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Luke McCullough
« Reply #1 on February 10, 2018, 06:03:14 pm by RoversAlias »
Very encouraging performance from him off the bench today. We were crying out for someone in that role in midfield all game.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 10, 2018, 06:03:59 pm by bobbymax »
Very good when he came on. We looked a far tighter unit and he was always asking for the ball.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 10, 2018, 06:11:56 pm by RedJ »
How long until he breaks down again though. Let's hope he can stay fit.

Two good performances on the trot now.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 10, 2018, 06:17:16 pm by balbyrover »
Great player at this level without a doubt but you have to question whether he can stay fit. That's the problem.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 10, 2018, 06:17:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Houghton has been dropping deeper and deeper and there's no wonder we struggle to knit passes together. Although it doesn't help when the movement is woeful and the pass execution is more woeful. Lost count of the times Charlton lost possession for us to give it straight back to them!

McCullough should have no problem walking in to that midfield as he shows a bit more composure and brains than some others around him.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 10, 2018, 06:32:13 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Would be interesting to see a midfield with Houghton, McCullough and Whiteman together.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 10, 2018, 07:06:59 pm by Branton Rover »
Luke added that much needed element of steel in the middle of the park which we’ve not had all season

Cantley Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2018, 07:07:36 pm by Cantley Rover »
Would be interesting to see a midfield with Houghton, McCullough and Whiteman together.

It's hard enough any of our midfield trying to create anything but to have 3 defensive midfielders in the side would be even worse. For me Luke should start on Tuesday with Whiteman on the bench.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 10, 2018, 07:26:23 pm by Campsall rover »
Well that should give Whiteman the licence to get up nearer our front men. That’s where he should be along with Tommy Rowe. These two are both well capable of scoring 10 goals + each at this level.
I quite simply do not understand DF’s thinking. When he was at Peterborough the emphasis was on attack attack attack. Agreed we need to have a solid defence but why play your most creative players in defensive positions is beyond me. Danny Andrew getting injured was unfortunate but he obviously doesn’t trust Garrett and seems unsure about Mason playing regularly at right back.
This needs sorting in the summer. I know it’s no good looking to the past but OH WOW if we had O’Connor and Roberts or even Quinn and Spurr in this team !!!

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 10, 2018, 07:30:20 pm by Branton Rover »
I’d kill to have Quinn & Spurr now Roberts & O’Connor best fullback pairing i’ve ever seen at DRFC reliable, tenacious and quick

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 10, 2018, 07:31:03 pm by pib »
Wow. All about opinions but for me he gives the ball away far too much, and today I didn't feel was any different.

He wasn't on his own today, mind.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 10, 2018, 07:31:46 pm by drfchound »
When Luke came on a bloke behind me said sarcastically, well done Ferguson, that is really gonna make a difference to the attack.
Well, it did.
Luke was superb, winning the ball and using it well when he had it.
Also, it was his shot which deflected to Blair for the goal.
I would expect him to start on Tuesday after an impressive performance.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 10, 2018, 07:33:02 pm by idler »
Wilkockson and Clish were a very sound pair at the back as well as regards previous full backs.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 10, 2018, 07:33:54 pm by RoversAlias »

It's hard enough any of our midfield trying to create anything but to have 3 defensive midfielders in the side would be even worse. For me Luke should start on Tuesday with Whiteman on the bench.

Whiteman is not ordinarily a holding midfielder.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 10, 2018, 09:48:00 pm by Rovers91 »

Whiteman is not a holding midfielder, if he's played further up he will get goals and assists.

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 10, 2018, 09:52:27 pm by chrisd_123 »
McCullough in there will offer a few things.

Mainly a kick up the arse for Houghton who's been poor recently.

He'll offer that Switch of formation to a 3 at the back too with ease at times which houghton can't do.

Stays fit and he could be a hugh player for us. I forgot how comfortable he is on the ball too!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012