Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:44:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The Debate  (Read 2432 times)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
The Debate
« on May 10, 2018, 10:50:54 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Just been watching in response to what Arsene Wenger was saying about young players..  some interesting points made by Craig Bellamy and the structure of the academies in England not sure if anyone else been watching it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

CottyRover

• VSC Member
Re: The Debate
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2018, 10:53:09 pm by CottyRover »
Didn't watch it, what were they saying?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 10, 2018, 10:59:05 pm by RedJ »
Basically the problem is clubs don't buy players with a view for developing them for the first team they buy them to be competitive at an age category and win trophies at that level with no hope of them getting in the first team and that the hoovering up of all talent from the smaller clubs by the big boys is killing the quality of the game.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2018, 11:07:58 pm by roverstillidie91 »
To do with categorized academies CAT 1 and Cat 2 cherrypicking players.

Wenger states the professionalism and the mentality is going with the younger players. And the quality will go down.

Clubs offer lucrative contracts in fear of losing players that aren't good enough and giving pro contracts too early.

Players earning big bucks who will never get near first teams. 40k, 50k etc.

And where is the motivation drive to improve etc.

Clubs can't play players as big clubs are actively recruiting, one instance where an 11 year old parents negotiating contract with prem club and both wanting to retire and have a house as well.

Trams who buy players who aren't interesting in playing in first teams just under 23s, wage bill at one is 2.6 million. 22 and 23 yo been competitive in under 23s.

Players like Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney etc the hunger is slowly dying.

Death of football imo with all money.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2018, 11:10:34 pm by roverstillidie91 »
Some clubs even have 5 and 6 year olds in academies as well, seriously needs looking at imho.

And they said can see why Huddersfield closed their academy this season.

Not something you see in Spain, Germany etc.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 11, 2018, 12:53:07 am by Brian Young »
All the big clubs run their academies like racehorse trainers run a  horse stable , buy young , train them , decide what they do best and farm out to trainers all over to get them up to a saleable  commodity , keep the best sell the rest . There are thousands of young hopefuls throughout the football world looking , its up to DRFC to use what ever influence they have an get some of these players signed up or we are never going to get anywhere soon. We have trickle of talent showing it’s face but 1 in 20 isn’t progress.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 11, 2018, 05:55:31 am by roversdude »
Saw something regarding Rooney and the way Everton play with no pace in the side affects him. I’ve said for last couple of years we have lacked this particularly on counter attacks

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 11, 2018, 08:51:57 am by DonnyOsmond »
Looking at where 90% of the England team has come from initially (FL clubs not PL clubs) makes me laugh about EPPP. Premier League clubs don't develop youngsters so let's give them the ability to hoover them up for pittance.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 11, 2018, 09:22:29 am by DMnumber4 »
Looking at where 90% of the England team has come from initially (FL clubs not PL clubs) makes me laugh about EPPP. Premier League clubs don't develop youngsters so let's give them the ability to hoover them up for pittance.

Hart - Shrewsbury
Walker - Sheff Utd
Stones - Barnsley
Maguire - Sheff Utd
Smalling - Maidstone
Delph - Leeds
Sterling - QPR
Alli - MK Dons
Vardy - Weds / Stocksbridge

The players are there from outside the PL.

I don't think the tendency to sign players from abroad helps either - some agents (cough cough) will happily transfer their commodity from Africa on to the continent and then in to the UK...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 11, 2018, 09:39:03 am by DonnyOsmond »

Hart - Shrewsbury
Walker - Sheff Utd
Stones - Barnsley
Maguire - Sheff Utd
Smalling - Maidstone
Delph - Leeds
Sterling - QPR
Alli - MK Dons
Vardy - Weds / Stocksbridge

The players are there from outside the PL.

I don't think the tendency to sign players from abroad helps either - some agents (cough cough) will happily transfer their commodity from Africa on to the continent and then in to the UK...

Butland - Birmingham
Rose - Leeds
Lewis Cook - Leeds
Lallana and Ox played for Southampton in League One

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 11, 2018, 09:48:22 am by roverstillidie91 »
This is why you will see more British youngsters plying their trade abroad, one the education is better and they have more chance of getting game time as well.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 11, 2018, 09:52:32 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Joe Gomez was from Charlton before liverpool got him. Even the players from prem club academy's had substantial number of loan moves too; Kane, Lingard, Trippier etc

Fulham have got Sessegon too who looks like he could be one of our best in the future helped by playing so much football in the championship.

If the FA really want to promote more youth players coming through they'd limit the size of any academy and make it easier (through subsidies if needed) for every club to have a functioning academy. That way making football at all our levels more sustainable. Its obvious that having more smaller and caring academies will produce better results than huge mass producing factories. 

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 11, 2018, 09:53:38 am by sedwardsdrfc »
This is why you will see more British youngsters plying their trade abroad, one the education is better and they have more chance of getting game time as well.

Good point theres a decent number getting game time in the german top flight now; Lookman, Sancho and Reece Oxford are all getting game time there and its good to see

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 11, 2018, 09:54:13 am by bedale rover »
As I say all the time the called "premier league" is the WORST thing to have ever happened to English (and Scottish) football

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 11, 2018, 01:16:58 pm by German Rover »
As I say all the time the called "premier league" is the WORST thing to have ever happened to English (and Scottish) football

Bang on. The sooner they piss off to an intergalactic super league the better it is for the rest of us who love the sport.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:47:36 pm by German Rover »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 13, 2018, 12:52:51 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Some clubs even have 5 and 6 year olds in academies as well, seriously needs looking at imho.

And they said can see why Huddersfield closed their academy this season.

Not something you see in Spain, Germany etc.

I was shocked when I heard this goes on

it is not the hardest thing to breed a baby teach it football non stop -get it in an academy at 5 and take the cash

seem to remember daddi sticking a club in tiger woods hands when he was a baby

has anyone ever thought of this from the child slavery angle surely these kids or rather their parents are gettiing £-S-D  so to me this is work ??  there has to be some legal angle about this -- a child should not be subjected to these pressures at such an age

N.S.P.C.C where are you

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 13, 2018, 02:26:54 pm by RedJ »
What on earth are you talking about?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012