Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 02:24:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DNA Card  (Read 9861 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
DNA Card
« on July 19, 2017, 02:57:22 pm by The Red Baron »
Talking to friends who don't post on here I've been hearing some positive things about the DNA card. It sounds exciting and I'm looking forward to seeing the full details.

Just wondered what others thoughts were.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: DNA Card
« Reply #1 on July 19, 2017, 03:06:00 pm by ravenrover »
Been trying to find the site to register, not coming up with anything, struggling!

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 19, 2017, 03:24:04 pm by 5minstogo »
It would maybe help sales if they actually listed the benefits of the card. It's all well and good having a launchday but I'm still at a loss as to what discounts I might be able to use if I were to purchase one.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 19, 2017, 03:28:41 pm by balbyrover »
It would maybe help sales if they actually listed the benefits of the card. It's all well and good having a launchday but I'm still at a loss as to what discounts I might be able to use if I were to purchase one.

Im in the same boat.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 19, 2017, 05:08:39 pm by 5minstogo »
This should help;

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/dna-card-launch/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97HK8sYw5BY&feature=youtu.be

You're right, it should help but it doesn't does it?

All I see is 25% off Virgin East Coast, £30 off One Call

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 19, 2017, 05:13:22 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I've always thought every law abiding citizen should be able to register their DNA.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on July 19, 2017, 06:37:23 pm by silent majority »
This should help;

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2017/july/dna-card-launch/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97HK8sYw5BY&feature=youtu.be

You're right, it should help but it doesn't does it?

All I see is 25% off Virgin East Coast, £30 off One Call

10% in the Club shop, 2 x pints for £6, Alton Towers discount, etc

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 19, 2017, 06:49:54 pm by rich1471 »
it take about 2 minutes to fill in you details the email address is on the card

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 19, 2017, 08:33:35 pm by Jenny »
I'd be interested to know how this is policed and restricted to those who have 'paid' for it given the access code for all of our cards is the same.

What is to stop me giving the code to someone to register online so they can benefit from the discounts where you don't need to present a card?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 19, 2017, 09:02:48 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's tons of stuff on there. 25% off a meal at Crown at Bawtry during the week looks appetising.

When you choose a discount it reveals a code which you then quote when booking. (Guessing the code changes)

Up to 53% off admission to Alton Towers!   

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 19, 2017, 09:16:22 pm by Dagenham Rover »
So do I take it  you get the card register online then you find out all the discounts and benefits, bit arse about face if thats the way it is

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 19, 2017, 09:23:21 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Might be an idea to have an off topic sticky thing so that we can share good news stories of the discounts???

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 19, 2017, 09:26:57 pm by 5minstogo »
So do I take it  you get the card register online then you find out all the discounts and benefits, bit arse about face if thats the way it is

This was my point.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 19, 2017, 09:35:12 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Might be an idea to have an off topic sticky thing so that we can share good news stories of the discounts???

How about the club actually telling you the benefits before you buy :)
I know its a work in progress job but..................
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 09:39:46 pm by Dagenham Rover »

weststander

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on July 20, 2017, 08:11:01 am by weststander »
Just logged onto mydnabenefits.co.uk and there are loads of offers and discounts to be had. I say well done so far to the team

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 20, 2017, 08:32:17 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
As said on the other thread, even if you were to buy one on it's own at £20 if you don't have any other membership, you're likely to redeem much more than that. I'm saving around £25 over the season just on ale and food at the Keepmoat alone.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 20, 2017, 08:45:08 am by NickDRFC »
I think if it was just a perk for season ticket holders, they wouldn't need to publish what discounts are available, but for the standalone sale they really should.

If you went into Tesco, say, and someone tried to sell you a discount card for £20, with a sales pitch of "there are loads including rail tickets and Alton Towers, and you can find the rest out after you buy it" I'm not sure many people would buy it.

Edit - just wanted to point out that it does seem like there are some good deals on there so don't want to come across as negative, just think a bit more clarity and a better execution rather than the muddled delivery that we have got would have made it seem even better.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 08:53:40 am by NickDRFC »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 20, 2017, 09:23:28 am by roversdude »
So I need to collect season ticket before I can register I guess
Will have to try and get down to pick it up

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 20, 2017, 09:27:18 am by RedJ »
"Would you like to buy the mystery box?"

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 20, 2017, 10:42:24 am by 5minstogo »
Please can the club just provide a list of the benefits so we can decide if we bloody want one or not?

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 20, 2017, 11:51:21 am by balbyrover »
Please can the club just provide a list of the benefits so we can decide if we bloody want one or not?

It's really not hard. Its common sense, you can't sell a product without explaining all the benefits to the customer.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 20, 2017, 12:41:11 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There are too many to list and the offers change all the time.

if you don't wanna buy owt in the club shop or drink or eat at the stadium and you don't shop online, then its probably not for you.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 20, 2017, 01:01:36 pm by silent majority »
It's what's known as a dynamic card, the benefits will change and evolve over the course of the next 12 months.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 20, 2017, 01:58:39 pm by Chris Black come back »
That is potentially positive but if you want to amortise the initial outlay over the season then you really need to have some predictability over how you are going to get this back i.e. through savings.

I know this is 20 quid not 20 million quid.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 20, 2017, 02:20:40 pm by VivaRovers »
The DNA card was first launched in March, it's now July, and unless you've already bought one there's no way of knowing the details of the benefits it brings you

When I asked the club about this on twitter I was told this was going to all be revealed on 18 July... but it hasn't been - it's only been revealed to those who have them automatically through their season ticket, or have chosen to buy one on blind faith.

The DNA Card might be brilliant, it might be just what I need, but how do I know? It's not right of the club to expect fans to blindly chuck £20 at them. It's ok, saying 'it's dynamic, the benefits change and evolve', but that's no use to those of us who don't know what they're evolving from in the firs instance.

As someone who lives in London, the rumoured 25% discount on East coast train tickets interests me as it could save me a fair whack in the long run - but if, say, it's only valid on return journeys from Doncaster, or on dates of Rovers away games, then it's completely useless to me. That's just an example of the kind of things I'd like to know before I buy.

As I say, I've continued to ask the club about the details on twitter, but now they no longer acknowledge the questions, instead they'd rather retweet the praise from people who've got them than answer genuine queries.

This should be a win-win opportunity for the club, but the longer they go refusing to tell people what it actually involves, the more it will be seen as a negative.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 20, 2017, 02:46:45 pm by 5minstogo »
The DNA card was first launched in March, it's now July, and unless you've already bought one there's no way of knowing the details of the benefits it brings you

When I asked the club about this on twitter I was told this was going to all be revealed on 18 July... but it hasn't been - it's only been revealed to those who have them automatically through their season ticket, or have chosen to buy one on blind faith.

The DNA Card might be brilliant, it might be just what I need, but how do I know? It's not right of the club to expect fans to blindly chuck £20 at them. It's ok, saying 'it's dynamic, the benefits change and evolve', but that's no use to those of us who don't know what they're evolving from in the firs instance.

As someone who lives in London, the rumoured 25% discount on East coast train tickets interests me as it could save me a fair whack in the long run - but if, say, it's only valid on return journeys from Doncaster, or on dates of Rovers away games, then it's completely useless to me. That's just an example of the kind of things I'd like to know before I buy.

As I say, I've continued to ask the club about the details on twitter, but now they no longer acknowledge the questions, instead they'd rather retweet the praise from people who've got them than answer genuine queries.

This should be a win-win opportunity for the club, but the longer they go refusing to tell people what it actually involves, the more it will be seen as a negative.

Bang on. Furthermore if I get one included in a season ticket purchase I might be more likely to buy a season ticket rather than just a standalone card. Surely the club should be bending over backwards to give us this information?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 20, 2017, 05:10:12 pm by silent majority »
The launch of the card wasn't in March, it was mentioned back then and there was a purposeful drip feed of information up until its launch date of the 18th July.

Could it have been done better? Of course it could and my feedback to the club has been exactly that. Once people are aware of its benefits then most people readily part with the £20 required to buy one. Hopefully our response to the club will initiate a detailing of the benefits in a much clearer fashion.

My comment about it being a dynamic card was just to add a bit more information to that which had already been given out by other posters and wasn't intended to be a confirmation or an excuse for not delivering the full benefits.

The Virgin deal will operate exactly the same as it did for the Carlisle Utd fans who had Virgin as a sponsor last season, that it will be like using a normal rail card apart from bookings being made at least a fortnight in advance. Up until the details are fully announced I know no more than that.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 20, 2017, 05:47:20 pm by RoversAlias »
This is the gripe though, and it's a fair one, that after pushing the launch date of it all as 18th July (something they constantly peddled on social media daily for instance) then they should have been able to release full details on that day, not 60% of the info. I've got mine now but still don't know what I can use it for, and the Virgin trains discount which is the main thing i want it for, has still not been released either.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 20, 2017, 05:47:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think it would be helpful if there was a link from the main website to the mydna log in page. Additionally, on the tickets website under the DNA tab where it gives you the option to buy, it might be helpful to have some screenshots of the pages to give people an idea what it's all about.

As Martin says the Virgin Rail offer detail is not know as it says 'Coming Soon'.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012