Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:54:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just like Donny a few years ago - Truro City need all the help they can get !  (Read 2284 times)

RedViking1234

• Forum Member
Just like Donny a few years ago - Truro City need all the help they can from true football fans!

Remember when we had the arsonist RICHARDSON …..well Truro had HEANEY…at least HEANEY did get the club into the Blue square South through 5 straight promotions till he  overstretched himself, didn’t pay his bills, and made most of Cornwall hate the man as he left a lot of debt, and put small businesses to the wall.

He seems to have sold the ground for £2.2 million, but no one knows where the money is and left them with a lot of debt and now administration, god this is similar to Donny… players have been ask to go without pay, otherwise the administrator will close the club down.

Had to get the keepers shirt back as he gave it to a fan….at the last game….shows how bad things are…..some have left,  the loyal are still there, battling away with reserve team players of 4 leagues below stepping in to help as they can’t sign anyone.

When we hear of footballers and the excesses of their lives….it is humbling to see what the Truro captain Jake ASH had to say….the full conversation is available from the below link.

http://www.cornwallfootballforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22105

The theme of it is as follows:

“Needless to say this has been a massive moral and financial decision for everyone at the club. We will lose some players as a result of this, and those that do, I have no doubt will leave with the upmost respect and understanding of everyone associated with the club, including the supporters. It is obvious to everyone the affect of not getting paid has; we have boys who are struggling to meet mortgages; boys who can’t afford to put fuel in their car to get down to home games and staff who are funding basic first aid equipment, pre match meals and half time refreshments through now stretched credit cards. We are not asking for sympathy – we are all incredibly privileged to do what we do, and to receive money in order to do it. But everyone here has done it for the club, and has gone through some horrible days and weeks, because without exception we all care for this football club.

It goes without saying, and everyone who knows anything about the Truro City will know, that a club can prosper at this level. With the right people in charge, and the support of the community, this can be a real hub for Truro, and Cornwall. It can – without doubt - be a place with the sort of buzz we have experienced at so many other grounds up and down the Country in towns, cities and counties with far fewer patriotic communities than the one we boast.”

I am a Donny fan and I live in the South West of England, I have been going to a few Truro games to try and help them, and on Saturday over £1200 was collected in buckets… this is the true grass roots, we were lucky John RYAN rescued my team, Truro need some help…..they had 5 straight promotions, won the FA Vase on the way…now could go bust.

If one premier league player gave up his wages for one week ….not for months… then the club would be saved…

If you feel you can help Truro have a PayPal account setup so anyone wanting to donate financially can do so that way. Registration with PayPal is very easy - once you have done that you just click 'Send money'. The recipient address is: paypal.account@walshtaylor.co.uk

The true fans are doing all they can, but time is against them….here is there forum site….

http://tigertalk.myfanforum.org/

I know this team is nothing to do with Donny and seems a long way away, but when we were in the same state i remember the Colchester fans, and their support, but as a football fan i ask you to show your support……we have been to abyss and have survived ……a little bit of help…even letting others know.

It’s not the fans fault, not the players fault, one man ran the club, for his own means now the club needs to survive…..

Does that ring a bell.....

Thanks for listening....

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rovin Reporter

Re: Just like Donny a few years ago - Truro City need all the help they can get !
« Reply #1 on September 17, 2012, 07:55:33 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Perhaps it's for the best . It cost a lot of money to run a football club our manager is struggling on a £3m budget and that's a lot of buckets .

RedViking1234

• Forum Member
all bloody heart mate....

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Perhaps it's for the best . It cost a lot of money to run a football club our manager is struggling on a £3m budget and that's a lot of buckets .

Christ your boring. Struggling?

Guernsey Exile

• Forum Member
My Brother lives in St Agnes - Im gonna send him the link to this thread - see if he can go down - even just to support!

:rtid: :rtid: :rtid:

Rovin Reporter

Re: Just like Donny a few years ago - Truro City need all the help they can get !
« Reply #5 on September 17, 2012, 11:50:51 pm by Rovin Reporter »
My Brother lives in St Agnes - Im gonna send him the link to this thread - see if he can go down - even just to support!

:rtid: :rtid: :rtid:
I've got bucket I let you have to pass on . Every little helps!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:53:59 pm by Rovin Reporter »

BobG

• VSC Member
Makes my heart weep this sort of message does. I can understand, accept, that bad business management, poor planning, even simply bad luck can ruin a fotball club. But this does read suspiciously like someone has made a killing from sale of the ground. If that is true, then, once again, someone has trampled on the dreams, the hopes and the passions of a community. And I despite that from the depths of my soul.

Good luck TCFC.

Wonder if the SW Branch could do a day trip.....?

BobG

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
The 'Tigers' are my second team after the mighty Rovers. Have made a point of following their progress since I moved to Scilly and go and see them when I can manage a trip to the mainland. Its a crying shame this is happening to the club. Great potential ruined by one individual. They will always have my support

RedViking1234

• Forum Member
Thanks for all your support, going to drive down some of the players
on Saturday for the FA Cup tie to help out....a good crowd needed....

True football fans have to stand together.....

Rovin Reporter

« Reply #9 on September 18, 2012, 11:16:35 pm by Rovin Reporter »
Quote from: RedViking1234 link=topic=234872.msg270549#msg2i70549 date=1348003723
Thanks for all your support, going to drive down some of the players
on Saturday for the FA Cup tie to help out....a good crowd needed....

True football fans have to stand together.....
Do you want that bucket ? You never said either way , it's no problem you know , her indoors will only have me washing the car with it lazy cow.

RedViking1234

• Forum Member
That is brilliant.....a sence of humour always helps....it's not a shortage of buckets though it's filling them with hard earned cash....

Maybe i should  ask the likes of Rooney and co to donate a days pay... and that should save any club....

Thanks again....

From a west country exile......

TinyPortal © 2005-2012