Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 06:33:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tonights game!  (Read 4844 times)

dannyholt2009

• Forum Member
Tonights game!
« on September 18, 2012, 02:32:05 pm by dannyholt2009 »
Has anyone got a clue how many tickets we have sold? Anyone sure how much train ticket from Thorne to Sheffield tonight? :)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pubteam

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: Tonights game!
« Reply #2 on September 18, 2012, 02:50:12 pm by graingrover »
the response of Pubteam is the sort of response you (or certainlyI) would always like to have on a Rovers supporters forum ....supportive of the club and fellow supporters ... what a breath of fresh air! That's what makes a 'pub team having a laugh' sort of attitude so worthy of support .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 18, 2012, 03:29:16 pm by Donnywolf »
Has anyone got a clue how many tickets we have sold? Anyone sure how much train ticket from Thorne to Sheffield tonight? :)

£5.90 or FREE if you are an old scrote

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 18, 2012, 08:56:15 pm by normal rules »
How much if you are old, but not a scrote??

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 18, 2012, 09:49:22 pm by glosterred »
1470 Rovers fans at the lane tonight

COYR

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 18, 2012, 09:52:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
Very solid result toneet. Rovers can be proud of that. Not so long ago we'd have thrown that away with some soft as shite goal. Bring on Stevenage.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 18, 2012, 10:17:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
It's looks like a good defensive display. But we need to create goals without them just being speculative shots.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 18, 2012, 10:27:42 pm by dickos1 »
Speculative shots? A goal is a goal, and today it wasn't about scoring goals even though we did create the 2 best chances of the game.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 18, 2012, 10:39:55 pm by MrFrost »

COYR

Was that it? Certainly seemed a lot more. And there were a lot buying tickets there.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 18, 2012, 11:22:56 pm by Filo »

COYR

I find that hard to believe, the lower tier was well more than half full

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 19, 2012, 12:55:42 am by RobTheRover »
That's because there is no way in hell it holds what people think.   3000 sears in that space,  my arse.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 19, 2012, 01:00:16 am by MrFrost »
Incorrect rob, it certainly does hold that many. We took. 2600 in our last championship game

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 19, 2012, 01:02:38 am by dickos1 »
Well there certainly wasn't 1500 seats available

pubteam

« Reply #14 on September 19, 2012, 01:06:07 am by pubteam »
There was a bit of space over to the left of the stand, not 1500 empty seats though. Was it full over to the right hand side?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 19, 2012, 01:11:21 am by MrFrost »
No. 2 blocks were netted off and the one before that was half full

pubteam

« Reply #16 on September 19, 2012, 01:12:25 am by pubteam »
Just looked on Liam Hoden's Twitter, he posted this just before kick-off...

Looks a bit more than half full to me.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 19, 2012, 09:06:27 am by donnievic »
Think that was right loads off empty seats at the back in the middle scattered all over,

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 19, 2012, 09:35:40 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Rob/Frosty

I designed the seating layout on the Bramall Lane end when it was converted from a standing terrace in 1992. (Yeah, I know it's shit, but it would have been considerably shitter in the hands of a designer with less aplomb - compare and contrast with the lower tier on the Leppins Lane Stand at Hillsborough, which was a nigh-on identical terrace and which now has 'kin appalling seating.)

Any road, I don't recall exactly how many seats there are, but the brief was to cram 3000 seats in there. As I recall, I just about managed it, plus or minus a few.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on September 19, 2012, 09:41:39 am by Colin C No.3 »
Rob/Frosty

I designed the seating layout on the Bramall Lane end when it was converted from a standing terrace in 1992. (Yeah, I know it's shit, but it would have been considerably shitter in the hands of a designer with less aplomb - compare and contrast with the lower tier on the Leppins Lane Stand at Hillsborough, which was a nigh-on identical terrace and which now has 'kin appalling seating.)

Any road, I don't recall exactly how many seats there are, but the brief was to cram 3000 seats in there. As I recall, I just about managed it, plus or minus a few.
Our lass has invited her whole family (14 + 6 kids) for Christmas dinner & we only have an 8 seater table with both leaves out. Any chance of an idea for the layout Billy?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 19, 2012, 09:53:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Colin C

You've come to the right man. That was more or less the client's brief at Bramall Lane.

What you need to do is buy the narrowest, cheapest sears you can get and ram them in rows so that if a person behind so much as shivers, they will knee the person in front in the kidneys.

Easy when you know how.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:14:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 19, 2012, 10:49:46 am by MrFrost »
Away fans are housed in the lower tier of the 188BET (aka the Bramall Lane) Stand at one end of the ground, where around 3,000 supporters can be accommodated.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on September 19, 2012, 11:04:44 am by Jimmydee »
Todays Yorkshire Post 1470 travelling supporters at Brammel lane

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 19, 2012, 12:45:12 pm by RobTheRover »
Billy, thanks for the honesty.  So, its your fault there are half of Donny walking round like ruptured ducks this morning!

Me, I was right at the front, so spent the second half with my feet up on the railing with my hands behind my head, like I was getting a BJ off the invisible woman.  Comfy as owt!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on September 19, 2012, 12:51:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Rob

I'm an engineer not a f**king magician. Even I couldn't perform miracles there.

But trust me, if I had not sorted out the rake of the seating terrace and simply plonked seats on top of the old standing terrace like they did at Hillsborough, you would not have been able to see over the bloke in front of you.

Which means you'd have missed all those wonderful free-flowing attacks that we had in the second half yesterday...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 19, 2012, 12:55:47 pm by RobTheRover »
So, that is with the gradient of the elevated?  Crikey, its like the main track at Trent Bridge!

I remember going to Bumhole Lane in 1992/3 season (Sheff U v Everton) and standing at the front on the tunnel side of the ground, and I could only just see at pitch level.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 19, 2012, 01:44:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Aye Rob. What we did was put in some brick walls running from the pitch back towards the back of the terrace and getting progressively higher than the terrace the further back you went. Then put pre cast concrete beams spanning across between the walls to form the new concrete terrace. So, at the front, the level is more or less the same as the old standing terrace was. But on the back row, the current steps are about 6 feet higher than the old terrace. Doing that increased the gradient if the terrace and made the sight lines better.

It was actually a bit cannier than that. The ideal layout for sight lines in a seated area is for each step to get progressively a few millimetres higher than the one in front. So an ideal terrace, taken on section, should have a progressively steepening gradient as you go further from the pitch. The Kop Stand at Bramall Lane is a disaster because the gradient is constant all the way up, so the back 2/3rds of seats have appalling sight lines.

On the Bramall Lane terrace, I made the angles of the walls get a bit steeper part way back, so the rear part is steeper than the front part and this goes some way to optimising the viewing.

At the Leppings Lane terrace, by contrast, they just put a skim of fresh concrete over the old terrace and bolted on new seats, whilst kept the gradient the same. Result - front few seats are below pitch level and back seats are on such a low gradient that you can't see over the bloke in front.

For all sorts of reasons, that Leppings Lane terrace should be bulldozed and re-built from scratch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012