Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 04:04:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saunders' interview post Blades  (Read 4921 times)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
Saunders' interview post Blades
« on September 19, 2012, 10:09:51 am by PaulRover08 »
For all those on here that still think he is a clueless idiot, please listen to this. 5 minutes of complete and utter sense, and he clearly understands what Doncaster fans SHOULD want.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19553970

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
Re: Saunders' interview post Blades
« Reply #1 on September 19, 2012, 10:13:56 am by roverstillidie91 »
Dont see what's wrong with that

He thought a draw would have been a good result, doesn't mean he didn't want to win

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 19, 2012, 10:26:08 am by Colin C No.3 »
I hope Bennett hears that interview. More importantly if he does hear it, I hope he 'LISTENS' to it.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 19, 2012, 11:07:12 am by PaulRover08 »

He thought a draw would have been a good result, doesn't mean he didn't want to win

Eh? I'm saying its a good interview

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 19, 2012, 11:35:49 am by roverstillidie91 »

apologies

completely mis read what you said

neil grainger

« Reply #5 on September 19, 2012, 01:04:19 pm by neil grainger »
Yeah I heard this as I drove home and it was the most impressed I've been with an interview by DS.

He's been criticised for soundbites and cliches by some people (me included) but he makes a lot of sense here and shows a good appreciation of what the fans want to see from the players.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 19, 2012, 01:41:58 pm by PaulRover08 »

apologies

completely mis read what you said

No problem

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 19, 2012, 03:20:13 pm by MachoMadness »
Fantastic interview. Really shows what Dean wants from our team.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 19, 2012, 03:55:13 pm by mushRTID »
Speaking of interviews, did anyone else hear Keith Hill's mental breakdown on the radio last night?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 19, 2012, 04:11:06 pm by Filo »
Speaking of interviews, did anyone else hear Keith Hill's mental breakdown on the radio last night?

Yes totally random ramblings about everything but the game, even the interviewer was speechless

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 19, 2012, 04:21:37 pm by RoversAlias »
I've got to say in the early part of this season, the way Saunders has conducted himself, operated as a manager and spoken have all really impressed me. My opinion of him is rising game by game which is fantastic.

neil grainger

« Reply #12 on September 19, 2012, 05:24:18 pm by neil grainger »

Yes totally random ramblings about everything but the game, even the interviewer was speechless

Yes I heard it but struggled to understand much of it.

I think he needs help.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 19, 2012, 06:01:51 pm by silent majority »

Yes I heard it but struggled to understand much of it.

I think he needs help.

Most of it was about parachute payments, a bit of a ramble but I did sympathise with him.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 19, 2012, 06:33:29 pm by StocksArmy »
I listened in on the way home. I liked what he said about working hard if you are employed by the club, however with regards to James Husband when he said hes 18 made no sense to me. He's good enough so play him!

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 19, 2012, 08:01:27 pm by grayx »
Still early days, but the basis of a good team usually starts with a solid defence. Looks like we've got one of those, just hope theres enough in the "kitty" to cover the inevitable injuries. The squad is paper thin and I reckon he's been let down a bit by the lack of funds he's been given, despite cutting the wages bill. Don't hink he could have done much better without the creative midfielder or fit striker we're crying out for (to support Brown).

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 19, 2012, 08:10:39 pm by DonnyNoel »

Darren Ferguson's comments at the weekend were eyebrow-raising too - basically laid the blame at everyone but himself and when asked by the interviewer to confirm thats what he meant he did.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 19, 2012, 08:18:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I like what Saunders said and what I've always liked about him is that last season he was willing to admit at times he made mistakes...

As for Keith Hill, it was a bit bonkers but despite that, he's 100 percent right, parachute payments are a tool that ensures players can carry on getting paid big wages for failure.  If we fail at work we'll get the sack (well I know I would because there'd be no money left to pay us with).

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on September 20, 2012, 06:15:26 am by Standanista »
Good interview.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 20, 2012, 08:26:43 am by godlike1 »
It is a good interview and that was a good 4 points away from home but............................. Sat is going to be a good judge of where we really are because if we can't pass the ball on our own turf and we have no one with the ability to turn the game in our favour with a little bit of flair then we will very likely come up short this season.

That said you do need a solid base to build from and Saunders has done that

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on September 20, 2012, 09:25:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
We're looking like a side that has a rock-solid foundation, some resilience and steel through the spine of the side, and some potential match-winners in Cotterill and Bennett. What we don't have yet is a recognisable style that can win us games if the individual flair doesn't work. Think about Penney's 03-04 side, where we had umpteen different threats, from the wolf-pack harrying of defenders into mistakes, Leo as a battering ram, Blundell's pace and finishing, Green's surges past the defensive line, McIndoe's everything, Brown's intelligence and when all else failed, Tokyo's 40 yarders.

That was maybe an exceptional set of attacking threats to call on and most sides, even most promotion contenders are not as well equipped as that. But it's probably true that we'll need more than flashes from a couple of hit and miss stars to regularly trouble sides this year.

All that said, to be where we are now given the crisis that we were in 3 months back reflects great credit on Saunders. He had steadied the ship at a time when we could easily have slipped right down. He's given us strength, organisation and stability, which is requirement No1 when you are relegated in disarray.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 20, 2012, 09:57:17 am by roverstillidie91 »
It is a good interview and that was a good 4 points away from home but............................. Sat is going to be a good judge of where we really are because if we can't pass the ball on our own turf and we have no one with the ability to turn the game in our favour with a little bit of flair then we will very likely come up short this season.

That said you do need a solid base to build from and Saunders has done that

Aye well they do say always build from the gk and defenders

I can see us keeping clean sheets this season

Jones reminds me a bit of a Steve Bould was at Arsenal

No nonsense defender, am sure when Mal Purchase gets the 2 cb's fitter we will have a right good backbone

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 21, 2012, 04:18:34 pm by Rupee92 »
BUMP!

Nice to see a 'positive' thread for Dean Saunders! The one thing i always like about his interviews, are that he's telling us how it is, and being 100% honest (or atleast trying to under the circumstances).

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 21, 2012, 04:21:10 pm by idler »
If Mick had replied in one of his supposed many guises it would have run to three pages by now.  ;)

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 21, 2012, 04:25:21 pm by Rupee92 »
If Mick had replied in one of his supposed many guises it would have run to three pages by now.  ;)

Or been locked!  :lol:

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on September 21, 2012, 04:42:30 pm by bradford exile »
As for Keith Hill, it was a bit bonkers but despite that, he's 100 percent right, parachute payments are a tool that ensures players can carry on getting paid big wages for failure.  If we fail at work we'll get the sack (well I know I would because there'd be no money left to pay us with).

Parachute payments and Fair Play League "All to keep the minions in there rightful places" IMHO

Regards

Ray

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on September 21, 2012, 04:50:50 pm by Rupee92 »

Parachute payments and Fair Play League "All to keep the minions in there rightful places" IMHO

Regards

Ray

Just look at Blackburn... Been relegated and can now splash the cash like it's out of fashion!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012