Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:17:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Peter Hepworth  (Read 6809 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Peter Hepworth
« Reply #30 on September 21, 2012, 03:53:20 pm by MrFrost »
Two directors is still a worrying situation, no matter how you gloss over it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on September 21, 2012, 04:53:51 pm by GazLaz »
2 good directors are better than 4 bad ones. It's not an issue t all.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 21, 2012, 05:23:20 pm by silent majority »
Dave Morris was forced out. Remember SM that you are in the club's pocket, so it would be foolish to expect you to say anything negative.

Yet another unfounded accusation against my character. I suggest you substantiate that one with some facts or examples.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 21, 2012, 05:26:50 pm by silent majority »
Two directors is still a worrying situation, no matter how you gloss over it.

How do you get to a total of two?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 21, 2012, 05:34:38 pm by MrFrost »
Leaving the Rovers Board:

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/peter-hepworth-leaves-board-379460.aspx

By my reckoning that means the only directors are JR and Stuart Highfield. Does this constitute a quorum?

There.
Are we hoping to bring in two or three more directors now Copps has gone?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on September 21, 2012, 05:39:53 pm by silent majority »

http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/peter-hepworth-leaves-board-379460.aspx

By my reckoning that means the only directors are JR and Stuart Highfield. Does this constitute a quorum?

There.

Oh my aching sides, your sarcastic wit has me rolling in the aisles.

But I will ask the question again, where does it say we have only two Directors?

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 21, 2012, 05:50:52 pm by Rupee92 »
We have 3 directors. Ryan, Highfield and Baldwin.

How many did we have before (ie at the same time last year)? About 10?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on September 21, 2012, 05:56:52 pm by RobTheRover »
About 7 too many?

Here's the thing.  JR, DW and TB now have "owner meetings" regarding the running of the club.  They are not board meetings as two of the majority shareholders are no longer on the board.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on September 21, 2012, 06:00:57 pm by Alan_Rovers »
SM will be the next Wroey and this forum will end up like YAURS.

And where did I say I wanted Dave Morris back as chairman? I don't think he was any good for us. I just had my ears open when a close relative of his was broadcasting their dirty linen in the Wheatsheaf a few weeks ago.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on September 21, 2012, 06:02:15 pm by silent majority »

And where did I say I wanted Dave Morris back as chairman? I don't think he was any good for us. I just had my ears open when a close relative of his was broadcasting their dirty linen in the Wheatsheaf a few weeks ago.

Another accusation. Elaborate as I've asked.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 21, 2012, 06:21:09 pm by wilts rover »

So if you think DM leaving the club is a good thing - however that happened -  why are you arguing about it?

As far as I can see it is being argumentative for the sake of it, then not respecting other people's postings - if anyone is acting like W***y then it seems to me its you.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on September 21, 2012, 06:23:38 pm by RobTheRover »
Its been a long time, Wilts.  Surely you can say the name now.

;)

BillieJA

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 21, 2012, 06:23:50 pm by BillieJA »

Well if you didn't mind Dave Morris supposedly being 'forced out' then why did you take it upon yourself to complain about it in the first place? Oh yes, you were arguing for the sake of arguing.

I honestly think some people could find an argument with a brick wall.

Alan_Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 21, 2012, 06:32:40 pm by Alan_Rovers »
Where have I complained about it? I just listened to what a relative of Dave Morris was saying in the pub. My ears only pricked up when I heard them mention Doncaster Rovers followed by a few choice words.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 21, 2012, 06:33:02 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
2 good directors are better than 4 bad ones. It's not an issue t all.

Exactly. A lot of studies advocate as minimal amount as possible. But I think a football club is different to a plc in that it doesn't need a huge amount of directors, ned's, audit committees etc. A lot of that is pointless beauracray. Besides if you wanted to get into real terminology what is a board bound to do? The answer shows how big a difference there is in this case.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on September 21, 2012, 06:56:23 pm by MrFrost »

There.

But I will ask the question again, where does it say we have only two Directors?

I'll answer that when you answer the question about Coppinger's two or three replacements.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on September 21, 2012, 06:59:21 pm by silent majority »

There.

I'll answer that when you answer the question about Coppinger's two or three replacements.

Ahh, you've realised you got it wrong so know you want to change the subject, and I already answered that question last week, so come on Mr Frost stick to the topic.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on September 21, 2012, 09:52:53 pm by MrFrost »

There.

Ahh, you've realised you got it wrong so know you want to change the subject, and I already answered that question last week, so come on Mr Frost stick to the topic.

You can clearly see the post I made reference to regarding two directors.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on September 22, 2012, 09:06:10 am by silent majority »

There.

You can clearly see the post I made reference to regarding two directors.

Yes I did, but if you read it there is no mention of just having two directors. As I said before, and now I'm repeating myself again, where does it say we only have two directors? You made the comment, now support your statement!

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on September 22, 2012, 09:28:48 am by sheffield exile1 »
my thoughts exactly. Why not invite Bates or Mandaric, true and loyal Rovers fans to be joint chairmen?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on September 22, 2012, 09:43:56 am by The Red Baron »
I think SM and Frosty are at cross-purposes. The DROS article did not say how many people are now on the Board. I said that "by my reckoning" that there were now only two directors- JR and Stuart Highfield. Mr Croft then pointed out that Gavin Baldwin is also a director, so there are three directors.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on September 22, 2012, 09:54:01 am by silent majority »

But the argument is slightly irrelevant anyway, the club now have owners meetings rather than board meetings. Its been JR's intention to slim the board down for some time and when TB and DW resigned from the board it had no legal or operational influence. They still continued to meet, and still do, to make the decisions they need to for the club to operate efficiently.

People tend to use some of this detail to criticise the club over and over, and its that that disturbs me more. As an elected FSF official its my duty, and my colleagues, to bring owners to book when they make the decisions that have negative impact on club ownership and directly or indirectly affecting the supporters. I discuss this endlessly with several clubs, but specifically with ours, and I can honestly say that this club is extremely well run, and its run by a fan of the club. In some ways we already have fan ownership because JR is that fan. I will defend them when necessary for that reason.

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on September 22, 2012, 10:12:07 am by Red wizard »
Do directors get paid?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on September 22, 2012, 10:22:26 am by Muttley »
Do directors get paid?

Generally speaking, there's no obligation to pay directors. Some do get paid, some don't.

In Rovers' last accounts a total of £53k was paid to directors (you have to disclose this figure by law). I would guess that this related to Dave Morris as he was probably the only director who was also an employee, although £53k seems low for the job he was doing (the level of the position, not his actual performance!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012