Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:56:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Giles Barnes first start for Houston.  (Read 1273 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Giles Barnes first start for Houston.
« on September 21, 2012, 02:48:58 am by newyankee »
Giles Barnes has just played 80 minutes for Houston Dynamo in the Concacaf Champions League. He scored a good goal on 21 minutes to open the scoring, 7 minutes to play and Houston Lead 4-0.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
Re: Giles Barnes first start for Houston.
« Reply #1 on September 21, 2012, 02:56:22 am by Mr1Croft »

I don't think many miss him here, but it looks like he has moved on and if this kick-starts his career again then best of luck to him, he doesn't owe us anything.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 21, 2012, 02:59:12 am by newyankee »
I missed the first half and have just seen his goal. A header was played to his left foot 30 yards out and he hit a screamer into the top corner. Pity he didn't do likewise when with us.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 21, 2012, 06:58:40 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
In fairness though his attitude here was spot on despite his inconsistency and he didn't spend too long injured either.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 21, 2012, 07:29:38 am by PaulRover08 »
In fairness though his attitude here was spot on despite his inconsistency and he didn't spend too long injured either.

His attitude was awful. Wandering around the center circle thinking "yeah I have loads of ability but i think i'll just hang around here and if the ball comes i'll take the easy way out and pass it backwards to one of the center backs". Nowhere near a good enough contribution for someone of his supposed ability.

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 21, 2012, 08:26:12 am by Alickismyhero »
At 24 he is still a boy. Keep us inform NY

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 21, 2012, 08:27:22 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I think him wandering around the centre circle might be the fact that he was being played as a holding midfielder even though he is an attacking winger....

Agree about his attitude being spot on, he was out of position but didnt throw the dummy out the pram.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 21, 2012, 08:42:50 am by wing commander »
  I too would have loved to have seen him on the wings for a few games,sadly though our team and  injuries just didn't allow it...No doubt we never saw what he was capable off..However i wish we could have kept him for this division.....

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 21, 2012, 09:31:21 am by GazLaz »
His attitude was spot on as we're his performances towards the end of the season. He would have stayed but we couldn't afford him.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 21, 2012, 11:37:59 am by newyankee »

Paul Rover08

Brian McBride was one of the commentators and his big thing about Barnes was that after he scored he went into his shell instead of imposing himself on the game. He said exactly as you have , he just walked around the centre circle thinking he had done enough.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012