Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:29:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: saunders getting what he wants !  (Read 4540 times)

burton_1989

• Forum Member
saunders getting what he wants !
« on September 21, 2012, 10:06:15 am by burton_1989 »
i remember reading about something saunders said about getting teams scared of playing against us and comeing to the keepmoat for a point and not a win. Well it seems to be working because if you read the views from stevenage boss gary smith on http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19615125 i think that he is leaning towards comeing to the keepmoat for a point and not a win he talks more abut our team than his.

what do you lot think ?

:rtid:  :clapping:  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Re: saunders getting what he wants !
« Reply #1 on September 21, 2012, 10:35:11 am by Norfolk N Chance »
At home we have been poor in the league.

Need to be alot more proactive.

Changes needed inc Harper and Husband in the middle

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 21, 2012, 10:50:57 am by Filo »

W`eve only played two league games at home won one lost one, how do you come to that conclusion based on two games?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 21, 2012, 11:02:03 am by bobjimwilly »

W`eve only played two league games at home won one lost one, how do you come to that conclusion based on two games?

I too would like to know how you came to that conclusion?

And why would you play a left sided full back in the centre of midfield?

FuzzyDuck

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on September 21, 2012, 11:06:26 am by FuzzyDuck »
Agree - Gary Smith's comments wouldn't exactly get me on a coach to go from Stevenage to Donny!

Filo - Good question (first thing I was going to ask when I saw that comment)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 21, 2012, 11:35:08 am by The Red Baron »
You can hardly call a record of P 4 W 2 D 1 L1 a poor home record (and before anyone corrects me I'm counting the York game as a draw.)

However, the team who won at the Moat (Crawley) did seem to come for a point and then got lucky in the closing stages, so we should perhaps beware teams who come here "looking for a point." As Rovers like to play on the counter-attack, we'd probably be happier playing a team who came to win.

I wouldn't be looking to play Husband in centre-mid, but I think he must be close to a starting berth, perhaps as a wide left attacker. After Tuesday, maybe Bennett needs a start on the bench to remind him that he's not the only talented youngster we have.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 21, 2012, 11:53:11 am by Wellred »
Baffling............. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Supporters saying on the one hand we should attack more and be more adventurous and in the same breath saying we should play a raw young full back in midfield.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 21, 2012, 11:57:28 am by hoolahoop »
Baffling............. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Supporters saying on the one hand we should attack more and be more adventurous and in the same breath saying we should play a raw young full back in midfield.

I have to agree it's more than baffling imo..........it's plain daft.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 21, 2012, 12:15:38 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I think Husband has attacking qualities though, get him into the midfield for a game and see how he does.  He'll probably stick with Bennett and Cotterill tomorrow but Norwich on Tuesday Husband should start.

DC-

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 21, 2012, 01:46:40 pm by DC- »
i think that he is leaning towards comeing to the keepmoat for a point and not a win he talks more abut our team than his.

It's hard to go away from home, no matter what team you're up against. I think he's just being modest. Makes the win look larger than it is if they pull it off.

OneEyedRover

« Reply #10 on September 21, 2012, 02:50:28 pm by OneEyedRover »
Husband was quality against Ull in the cup,once he switched from left back to left wing

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 21, 2012, 02:56:16 pm by DRNaith »
Husband was quality against Ull in the cup,once he switched from left back to left wing

I thought he switched to right back to replace Quinn

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 21, 2012, 02:56:41 pm by Rupee92 »
You can hardly call a record of P 4 W 2 D 1 L1 a poor home record (and before anyone corrects me I'm counting the York game as a draw.)

However, the team who won at the Moat (Crawley) did seem to come for a point and then got lucky in the closing stages, so we should perhaps beware teams who come here "looking for a point." As Rovers like to play on the counter-attack, we'd probably be happier playing a team who came to win.

I wouldn't be looking to play Husband in centre-mid, but I think he must be close to a starting berth, perhaps as a wide left attacker. After Tuesday, maybe Bennett needs a start on the bench to remind him that he's not the only talented youngster we have.

That is always the case for rovers! Even under different managers, players etc. that's the one thing that always remains. We seem to stoop down to that teams level, then they hit us with a sucker punch. On the opposite to that though, we also up our game and do well against the 'top sides'...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 21, 2012, 04:06:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
We had a quite astonishing record in big games under O'Driscoll. Something like the first dozen games ofvhis reign in front of crowds bigger than 20k, we were unbeaten. I forget the exact numbers but it was quite amazing - especially given the obvious fact that none of those were at home.

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 21, 2012, 04:11:48 pm by Rupee92 »
What's with all this nonsense of moving Husband to central midfield?! Has anyone actually seen him play there before to come to the conclusion he's good?

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 21, 2012, 04:21:23 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Yes
What's with all this nonsense of moving Husband to central midfield?! Has anyone actually seen him play there before to come to the conclusion he's good?

yes and look miles better than bennett

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 21, 2012, 04:23:05 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
we need that bite in midfield and yes I would try him in the middle rather than on wing..........

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 21, 2012, 04:32:39 pm by RedJ »
Yes

because Bennett plays centre mid doesn't he..

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 21, 2012, 04:39:16 pm by Dutch Uncle »
We had a quite astonishing record in big games under O'Driscoll. Something like the first dozen games ofvhis reign in front of crowds bigger than 20k, we were unbeaten. I forget the exact numbers but it was quite amazing - especially given the obvious fact that none of those were at home.

Not quite BST. The cut-off attendance was 25K and we were undefeated in our first 6 under SOD:

Bristol Rovers 3-2 @ Wembley 59024
Leeds 1-0 Away 31402
Leeds 1-0 @ Wembley 75132
Derby 1-0 Away 33010
Forest 4-2 Away 26501
Sheffield United 1-0 Away 26555

The 7th game was at Wolves where we lost in the 93rd minute in front of 28252

In the middle of that run we lost at Villa in the FA Cup in front of 24203, and at Norwich in front of 24543, hence the 25K cut-off

Edit: Given the next 3 25K plus crowds were a 1-1 draw at Bramall Lane, losing in the 93rd minute at Newcastle and beating Derby 2-0 we could indeed claim to be undefeated after 90 minutes in SOD's first 10 games in front of 25K Plus crowds. I am sure that is what you meant all along BST 
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:44:06 pm by Dutch Uncle »

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 21, 2012, 04:58:25 pm by DonnyNoel »
Yes

Not at the expense of Syers though surely....

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 21, 2012, 05:08:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
The Crawley game was an absolute disgrace.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on September 21, 2012, 06:34:50 pm by Wellred »

Because we lost 1-0 with a goal just before the end it was an absolute disgrace??

Just goes to prove my point that all Doncaster Rovers fans is a win. It doesn't matter about the football. Obviously the same applies in reverse for some people. We lost so we must be a disgrace.

What rubbish.

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 21, 2012, 06:42:22 pm by Rupee92 »

Because we lost 1-0 with a goal just before the end it was an absolute disgrace??

Just goes to prove my point that all Doncaster Rovers fans is a win. It doesn't matter about the football. Obviously the same applies in reverse for some people. We lost so we must be a disgrace.

What rubbish.

The Crawley match is the only one i've seen this season (only match since April in fact) and it WAS a disgrace... Crawley were shocking, but we were much worse! There was no 'football' being played. Cotterill spent more time moaning at the supporters everytime he messed up, than actually trying to look like a pro footballer. Terrible match.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on September 21, 2012, 06:45:40 pm by RobTheRover »
To be fair, Crawley never looked like winning it (until the moment they did)

Rupee92

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on September 21, 2012, 06:51:32 pm by Rupee92 »
The group i went with, all came out saying we were going to ask for our money back because the match was that terrible.

Then we realised we had free tickets!  :lol:

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on September 21, 2012, 07:43:06 pm by eastender »

I agree Crawley did look like  they'd  come for the draw , but i wouldn't say they got lucky .

Rovers were p#ss poor 2nd half , and the longer the game went on they looked the team more likely to get a winner.

They created chance after chance until the pressure paid off and in the end i think rovers looked like the team that would have settled for the draw.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on September 21, 2012, 08:33:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dutch

Summat like that. Day I've had (or am having) at work, I'm not quite sure what I mean.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on September 21, 2012, 10:58:28 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Yes

Currently employed in Bennetts position but I suspect he would make a great CM!

Great tackle / anticipation / awareness/ speed and see him leading and stamping his authority in the middle....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on September 22, 2012, 12:46:36 am by RedJ »
Yes

Currently employed in Bennetts position but I suspect he would make a great CM!

Great tackle / anticipation / awareness/ speed and see him leading and stamping his authority in the middle....

sorry what?.. are you on about Bennett or Husband?

try sticking Ashley Cole or Philipp Lahm at CM and see how good they are..

TinyPortal © 2005-2012