Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:53:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sack the PA  (Read 2240 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Sack the PA
« on March 27, 2012, 05:28:49 am by Colin C No.3 »
He gives the impression he's auditioning for his own show!

He's cringingly amateurish, way, way over the top & well past his sell by date.

Let's have less music as the start of the game nears to at least give the crowd a chance to let 'its' voice heard. The players need to hear the supporters now more than ever. And we need a PA that's not so far up his own a**e, he can actually add something to the occasion, not put on a 'performance' like a clown at a 5 year olds birthday party!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

danrover82

• Forum Member
Re: Sack the PA
« Reply #1 on March 27, 2012, 06:09:45 am by danrover82 »
We just need to face facts.

The music stops it being like a morgue. The KM will never be a place for the singers, because it hasnt been for 5 years and it wont change. Thats not the PA's fault.

We've tried two rovers themed songs the John Parr song and  RTID? and still nothing

It wont ever happen!

watto-drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 27, 2012, 06:22:12 am by watto-drfc »
it would if we had a decent anthem, a well know song that we can all sing.

Timbo042

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 27, 2012, 08:58:00 am by Timbo042 »
A singing area might be a plan? Standing area would deffo help, the problem with all seater stadiums is the lack of atmosphere, But the PA is too much sometimes!!! Cant think straight when he gets on that mic in his hand, like white noise now though i just try and ignore it!

Slightly off topic but this got me thinking about a standing section, lower ticket prices/better Atmos? Gotta be worth a shot? I hate that sinking feeling i get when someone trys to start a chant and it dies on its arse! What can we do?

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 27, 2012, 09:25:58 am by CusworthRovers »
Perhaps invite the PA to one of the fans' forum and offer some friendly advice.

Be careful mind, as he comes across as an aggressive little tinker and I bet when he's had a few shandies he can act like 10 men when being criticised. Add to that, and he has a look of that baddie off Terminator 2. So just be careful, as I can see him moving away from Sarah and John Connor and onto you....be warned.

The answer is not slating those that don't want to sing or act daft, as they far outnumber the singers/dafties at every club and they want to watch the game as they want to watch it, not how others implore how they should watch it.
I think the answer is a singing section, just like when like minded folks go away and are automatically placed together, et voila.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 27, 2012, 10:15:42 am by Rios »
Just a thought, but if/when Rovers take over the running of the club could we rip up the seats in the South Stand?  RL and the Belles have no need and it would sort out the issues of singing areas and those who want to stand in one go.  Like I said, just a thought!

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 27, 2012, 10:44:00 am by ditch_drfc »
Personally I quite like Safri Duos Played A Live, the one played before kick off. Incase you're unsure which one it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35KLBpSpIfg

Proper get's me ready for the game.

Although on terms of a song people can sing, I think the chorus of hey jude fits perfectly. But to be fair, I don't think we ever will establish a club song. Many clubs that have song have used them for years, so fans already associate with these. I don't think it's the kind of thing that can just change. I'd suggest sticking with Hey Jude for now. Play it every game for a year, then see what happens. Knowing our lot, it won't be used on friday.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 27, 2012, 11:40:54 am by Colin C No.3 »
Yes but......sack the PA!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 27, 2012, 12:27:01 pm by silent majority »
Quote from: \"Rios\" post=229819
Just a thought, but if/when Rovers take over the running of the club could we rip up the seats in the South Stand?  RL and the Belles have no need and it would sort out the issues of singing areas and those who want to stand in one go.  Like I said, just a thought!

The short answer is no.

That's because the stadium was built using Football Foundation money, its not law but it is one of their little t's and c's that they will only lend money for all seater stadiums, as per the problem at lowly York City these days.

However, if Rovers drop into Lg1 next season then the rule about all seater disappears too, its only mandatory for PL and Championship clubs. An interesting conundrum. My answer would be to allow standing in front of your seat, in other words ignore the ground regulations, allow freedom of movement so that like minded can get together.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 27, 2012, 12:43:10 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Quote from: \"silent_majority\" post=229849
....allow freedom of movement so that like minded can get together.

Agreed, the club could easily make certain sections where tickets, and season tickets, get you into that section with no specific seat. It doesn't have to be throughout the ground so folks wanting \"their\" seat can still have that.

neil grainger

« Reply #10 on March 27, 2012, 04:09:49 pm by neil grainger »
The PA is utterly embarrassing.

I cringe when he takes the mic 15 mins before kick-off and he urges us all to MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!
The away fans must be pissing themselves.

\"And your manager is.... Nigel Clough!\".... Oh really? So glad you told us, we had no idea.

And his half-time announcements...he has surely lost his way from CBBC?

\"We're just moments away from the second half and three massive points are still at stake....stay with us for the next 45 minutes and let's MAKE SOME NOISE!!!\"

I know he means well but per..leeaase

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 27, 2012, 04:19:19 pm by NickDRFC »
Quote from: \"neil grainger\" post=229901

I cringe when he takes the mic 15 mins before kick-off and he urges us all to MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!

\"And your manager is.... Nigel Clough!\".... Oh really? So glad you told us, we had no idea.

\"We're just moments away from the second half and three massive points are still at stake....stay with us for the next 45 minutes and let's MAKE SOME NOISE!!!\"

I like that you talk about how embarassing the way he talks is and then end your post with \"per...leeaase\"

Hello Pot have you met my friend the Kettle?

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 29, 2012, 01:43:07 am by Goldthorpe Rover »
Hes the worst PA in the league, and regarding him being aggresive bring it on if you think your hard enough.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 29, 2012, 06:04:53 am by Colin C No.3 »
Quote from: \"NickDRFC\" post=229903
Quote from: \"neil grainger\" post=229901

I like that you talk about how embarassing the way he talks is and then end your post with \"per...leeaase\"

Hello Pot have you met my friend the Kettle?

It's called mimicing. It's very subtle......obviously too subtle for some!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012