Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:45:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Saturday's Gate  (Read 2471 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Saturday's Gate
« on February 27, 2017, 11:01:04 am by Campsall rover »
No one mentioned the gate on Saturday 5.270
So if you take off the Luton fans 1600 and add on the Accrington fans 250 we managed to lose 900 home fans on Saturday.
What is a matter with the Doncaster public. We are top of the league for heaven sake.
What would the gates be if we were mid table. I shudder to think.
I know the last 3 seasons have been poor to say the least but we should have had 6000 on Saturday surely.
Also we are unbeaten at home. I despair. :headbang:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Saturday's Gate
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2017, 01:00:12 pm by MrFrost »
People aren't interested.

We've got Plymouth at home which is on a Sunday and on Sky and the club are still charging full price. You'd think they'd be trying to get more in.

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2017, 01:16:45 pm by DaveDRFC »

We've got Plymouth at home which is on a Sunday and on Sky and the club are still charging full price. You'd think they'd be trying to get more in.

Especially given it's Mother's Day, there's going to be enough people falling out about coming to football without making them pay full price too!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2017, 01:27:18 pm by Campsall rover »
Can you believe though that those so and so's at Sky are making us play probably our biggest game of the season on Mother's Day.
I hope the money they give us compensates.
Even if it does, still not the same as getting a 9000+ gate which we may have got if we have a good March.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2017, 03:11:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Especially given it's Mother's Day, there's going to be enough people falling out about coming to football without making them pay full price too!

Having said that be creative and market it as a family day out. I'm getting my mum a ticket for the game, her first this season.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2017, 03:13:49 pm by swintonrover »

If I were Rovers I'd market it as "Bring Your Mum for Free" day.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2017, 03:25:56 pm by Campsall rover »

Excellent idea.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2017, 03:31:02 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Excellent idea.

I agree. Why not?

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2017, 04:25:01 pm by deebee »
I'd have to dig mine up though.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2017, 04:26:57 pm by deebee »
Seriously, It's a good opportunity to use the offer of unused season tickets to bring a friend or your mum (who should be your friend) to the match.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 27, 2017, 04:36:09 pm by MrFrost »
Barnsley had an offer where a season ticket holder could purchase two extra tickets for a tenner last week.

Any offer would be a good one but we are leaving it too late.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 27, 2017, 05:06:06 pm by rich1471 »
Can you believe though that those so and so's at Sky are making us play probably our biggest game of the season on Mother's Day.
I hope the money they give us compensates.
Even if it does, still not the same as getting a 9000+ gate which we may have got if we have a good March.

why don't the club make it buy a ticket and bring your mum for free and one lucky mum wins say £250 vouchers from say one of our sponsors a free flight for two or travel to London 2night stay and a show bit of a gimmick but it might work

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 27, 2017, 07:06:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Always knew it was going to be a poorer turnout. Everytime someone asked me who we were playing, I just got the response "Who are they!"

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 27, 2017, 07:10:58 pm by southwestexile »
Always knew it was going to be a poorer turnout. Everytime someone asked me who we were playing, I just got the response "Who are they!"

Exactly

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 27, 2017, 07:58:55 pm by Padge_DRFC »
2 games in a week and rubbish weather. The part timers are always going to stay in their nice warm home or pick Luton out the 2 who are in 4th

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 27, 2017, 08:13:38 pm by drfchound »
No one mentioned the gate on Saturday 5.270
So if you take off the Luton fans 1600 and add on the Accrington fans 250 we managed to lose 900 home fans on Saturday.
What is a matter with the Doncaster public. We are top of the league for heaven sake.
What would the gates be if we were mid table. I shudder to think.
I know the last 3 seasons have been poor to say the least but we should have had 6000 on Saturday surely.
Also we are unbeaten at home. I despair. :headbang:

What would the attendance be if we were mid table?

Probably about the same.

We are down to the hard core go most weeks people.

RTID!!!

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 27, 2017, 08:28:29 pm by RTID!!! »
accrington stanley? who are they? ... exactly  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :facepalm: :evil:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 27, 2017, 08:41:36 pm by idler »
2 games in a week and rubbish weather. The part timers are always going to stay in their nice warm home or pick Luton out the 2 who are in 4th
It suited me to come last week and I brought. I was having the grandson stay on Saturday night and didn't fancy taking another six hours out of a Saturday. Plus I bought three of the tickets for the Luton game, used my petrol and got the first drinks in at £16.
Money isn't the problem but after driving over for nearly 40 years I've decided not to attend as many games.
I'm sorry if this offends you but I would be there every week if I still lived in Donny.
Ps I know that it doesn't help the club much but I was at Newport and will be at Crawley.
Probably be at the Cheltenham game as well, paying for various family members.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012