Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:11:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Same old striker problem for Leeds  (Read 1697 times)

toocheaptogo

• Forum Member
Same old striker problem for Leeds
« on August 21, 2011, 10:49:22 am by toocheaptogo »
Don't know if it's been posted elsewhere, but Chelsea have refused Milan Lalkovic to play in the Carling Cup Tuesday.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

I-was-there1976

Re: Same old striker problem for Leeds
« Reply #1 on August 21, 2011, 10:57:58 am by I-was-there1976 »
looks like a tight affair then

possibly 5 at the back
5 in midfield

and play for pens

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 21, 2011, 11:09:18 am by Padge_DRFC »
good at least bennett will play and not roll round and dive like hes been shot.

toocheaptogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 21, 2011, 12:15:20 pm by toocheaptogo »
Bang Mustapha up top I say. He seems to be at fault for too many goals, but rest of his play is good. Maybe he's our Gareth Bale? Should be Winger and not Right Back. But i'm just a fan and will probably be slated for airing my opinions on a forum...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 21, 2011, 12:52:26 pm by The Red Baron »
I can't see any logic in Chelsea's decision. They send out the lad to get games then don't allow him to play. Puzzling.

It does give some context to SO'D's decision to take Chris Brown off with 15 minutes to go, though. He'll be needed for Tuesday night.

lifes-better-red-and-white

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 21, 2011, 01:22:11 pm by lifes-better-red-and-white »
We are going to have to be careful with Chris Brown,he's know for a past injury record and if we overuse him it could come to strike again,I'd give him a rest Tuesday,atleast don't start him,maybe fetch him off the bench for 20 mins or so,give young Baxendale a start. :dry:

toocheaptogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 21, 2011, 03:54:58 pm by toocheaptogo »
Leeds looked quick, powerful and penetrative today. We have to change it up to surprise them Tuesday IMO. Put them on back foot instead of setting up in our usual ways.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 21, 2011, 04:11:22 pm by steve@dcfd »
Quote from: \"toocheaptogo\" post=177935
Leeds looked quick, powerful and penetrative today. We have to change it up to surprise them Tuesday IMO. Put them on back foot instead of setting up in our usual ways.

By the way how many of our starting eleven would Simon Grayson pick for his team?

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 21, 2011, 05:32:47 pm by DRNaith »
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=177871
I can't see any logic in Chelsea's decision. They send out the lad to get games then don't allow him to play. Puzzling.

It does give some context to SO'D's decision to take Chris Brown off with 15 minutes to go, though. He'll be needed for Tuesday night.

I think we only have him for a month, they're more likely to be able to ship him out to another team if he isn't cup tied.

They may also be thinking of using him later in the tournament themselves

toocheaptogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 21, 2011, 07:11:06 pm by toocheaptogo »
Quote from: \"steve@dcfd\" post=177946
Quote from: \"toocheaptogo\" post=177935

By the way how many of our starting eleven would Simon Grayson pick for his team?

I don't know, I'm not Simon Grayson or know their full squad and status of the players within the team.

toocheaptogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 21, 2011, 07:12:27 pm by toocheaptogo »
Quote from: \"DRNaith\" post=177982
Quote from: \"The Red Baron\" post=177871

I think we only have him for a month, they're more likely to be able to ship him out to another team if he isn't cup tied.

They may also be thinking of using him later in the tournament themselves

I'm not too surprised that he's not allowed to play in the cup. A lot of teams don't like their loan players to play in cup competitions, unless they're not recallable, with a view to permanent deals or end long loans in other countries.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012